Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille and Blake stay)

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
The Kings should absolutely not be promoting anyone internally. It's obvious something is significantly wrong top to bottom, when that is the case you find the highest ranking member above the rot (Blake, Luc, Beckerman?) and replace him with someone outside the organization who can then cut the rot to the bottom and replace it with healthy roots. Of course if the ownership is the source of the rot then you are just screwed.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
That ESPN article on the Dean Firing was published at 5:33PM PST. It's 4:28PM as I write this.

The more time that passes, the less likely it becomes.
It's 5:33 right now! LFGO already!!!

I dont expect anyone to be fired the day after the game in Edmonton.
This isnt McDonalds, there is going to be some discussion and some lag time between decisions being made and actions occurring in response to those decisions.
Damn right this isn't McDonalds. The Kings wish they could be compared to that winner.

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
All I know is that Akil Thomas and Samuel Fagemo should 100% be on the opening night roster.

Especially with us having no right shot forwards.

As much as everyone wants Sammy in there, he just can't find the same space as he can in the AHL. He's like Tynan, really good AHL players but can't translate that into the NHL level. Had the same problems in Nashville.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
As much as everyone wants Sammy in there, he just can't find the same space as he can in the AHL. He's like Tynan, really good AHL players but can't translate that into the NHL level. Had the same problems in Nashville.
I disagree; he averaged just over 8 minutes of ice-time this year on both LA and Nashville.

He's a goal scorer playing 4th line plug minutes. It's the whole Kovalchuk thing all over.

Heck he played 6 minutes against San Jose this year and had 4 shots in those 6 minutes. #FreeFagemo #FreeKaliyev

bland

Jul 1, 2004
That is not quite accurate. He had trouble with the spacing in the Kings dumb, antiquated offensive scheme that tends to isolate the wingers along the wall on entries.

A new outlook, a new coach and system, who knows, but he has earned a shot IF there is a clean slate. He is still young, and it's a survivors business. If he can adapt, he could be a pleasant surprise.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

i imagine she got about 1000 "let the players cook" comments and couldn't handle it, deleted them all and mentioned only's it

actually hilarious seeing people learn about social media in real time

I imagine she got a ton of aholes spewing really ugly crap at her, especially for her positivity when it comes to the Kings. I've seen some of the comments, they're really awful.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I disagree; he averaged just over 8 minutes of ice-time this year on both LA and Nashville.

He's a goal scorer playing 4th line plug minutes. It's the whole Kovalchuk thing all over.

Heck he played 6 minutes against San Jose this year and had 4 shots in those 6 minutes. #FreeFagemo #FreeKaliyev

I watched him play in Nashville , there was no space, guys were in his face almost every shift. The lanes were closed before he could get his shot off. I also watched him play in Ontario, he had all the time in the world most nights. It was a stark contrast in levels of defense and ability to get scoring chances.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

i imagine she got about 1000 "let the players cook" comments and couldn't handle it, deleted them all and mentioned only's it

actually hilarious seeing people learn about social media in real time

Something off about Bathe.. kind tone deaf re the fans so im not surprised with the responses. She's super loyal to the team and her coworkers.. like a pom pom girl which is how she started.

1714699192449.png

Reactions: ibleedkings

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I purposely avoided this board during the series because well, the series was already bad enough for my mental health. Whether that sounds "soft" or something I do not care, I'm a passionate fan so of course the Kings are going to affect my mood, being on the board can make it even worse at times.

I just genuinely cannot WAIT until Blake and his surfboard are shot out of a f***ing cannon. Luc and their counterparts as well. I really try to avoid starting arguments / drama on here but of course Surf Nutz is no where to be found. "Blake is here to stay" comments were mind numbingly annoying, especially when the dude constructed one of the most mediocre "contenders" in recent memory.

Hearing "The Dubois trade was addition by subtraction for WPG and their locker room" today is just the cherry on top. Everybody and their mothers knew not to give up that much for this guy. Except for Blake, of course. "Clean house" no, carpet bomb the f***ing house. Call in an AC-130 on the goddamn house. Of course there were other mistakes besides the Dubois signing, but that one is going to handicap us for a long f***ing time.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

He's played all of 40 minutes in Nashville and 21 total NHL games over parts of a half decade.

Little early to be throwing dirt on his casket, needs an actual chance, not this 'see told you he got a cup of coffee' dishonesty.

Reactions: ru4reals

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He's played all of 40 minutes in Nashville and 21 total NHL games over parts of a half decade.

Little early to be throwing dirt on his casket, needs an actual chance, not this 'see told you he got a cup of coffee' dishonesty.

Not ready at all, I'm hoping he figures it out and does even half of what he's doing in the AHL. But all I'm going by is what I've seen at both levels not at just looking his stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad