Can anyone deny the VAN/EDM series has been the best?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Just remember, we were just suppose to fight for a playoff spot and then miss it.
Thing is, i hope Dallas or Avs underestimate the next round opponent as much as fans here. Anything can happen in playoffs and if Canucks get a healthy Demko, you never know what will happen so.lets just ride this wave to the end instead of losing hope

Reactions: David71

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
Really starting to dislike the playoff format more and more. Need to go back to 1-8 seeding.

Nothing like having either Edmonton or vancouver playing for a WCF spot, and both teams are widely written off from making it out of the west.
Dallas and Vegas would have been the match up still in 1vs8

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Thing is, i hope Dallas or Avs underestimate the next round opponent as much as fans here. Anything can happen in playoffs and if Canucks get a healthy Demko, you never know what will happen so.lets just ride this wave to the end instead of losing hope

No no no, Canucks are PDO frauds on a lucky streak, Avs/Stars have nothing to worry, easy 4 game sweep.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought you guys were the favorite. Especially if you could stay out of the box. Hard thing to do with all the phantom PPs the Oilers get I know, but the Canucks are a far superior team even with a cornerstone player out.

We've resolved this little conundrum.

Vancouver are the favourites.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I thought you guys were the favorite. Especially if you could stay out of the box. Hard thing to do with all the phantom PPs the Oilers get I know, but the Canucks are a far superior team even with a cornerstone player out.
That's because we are temporary allies united in our desire to see Edmonton fail :D

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks 5 - Oilers 4
Oilers 4 - Canucks 3 (OT)
Canucks 4 - Oilers 3
Oilers 3 - Canucks 2
Canucks 3 - Oilers 2

The scores speak for themselves, as well as the order of the team who wins. Throw in the dramatic reffing controversies and feel good story of Phillip Di Giuseppe scoring a clutch goal after becoming a father.

And as much as I hate to say it, the Canucks came in as favorites in a series which has now becime a coin toss.

What series this year has even come close?
Canucks never came into this series as favorites. Just ask Vegas, ESPN and Oilers fans and other non Canucks fans. We were unanimously labelled the underdogs especially without Demko

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That's because we are temporary allies united in our desire to see Edmonton fail :D
I just don't believe any team with 1 defenseman who can shut down top 6 players can win. I do think Vancouver will lose to Dallas or Colorado. I just think Edmonton is a deeply flawed roster.

Reactions: God

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
No no no, Canucks are PDO frauds on a lucky streak, Avs/Stars have nothing to worry, easy 4 game sweep.
Hehe love these easy 4 game sweep predictions though by other fans. Always falls flat on its face. I wonder where all those Oilers fans who predicted a sweep against Canucks are? Havent seen them post here for sometime now

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hehe love these easy 4 game sweep predictions though by other fans. Always falls flat on its face. I wonder where all those Oilers fans who predicted a sweep against Canucks are? Havent seen them post here for sometime now

3.6% of fans predicted an easy 4 game sweep by the Oilers.

Nobody is pushing this premise except you lol

Just make up your minds already. I'm getting dizzy.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

You should check out HF Oil, where all the posts about Canucks getting all the calls and refs are against the Oilers are.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
3.6% of fans predicted an easy 4 game sweep by the Oilers.

Probably the same culprits that keep calling Canucks the frauds. Incredible how the tables have turned.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You should check out HF Oil, where all the posts about Canucks getting all the calls and refs are against the Oilers are.

I actually did, after the game.

Most of them were embarrassed by their team's overall performance in Game 5.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I actually did, after the game.

Most of them were embarrassed by their team's overall performance in Game 5.

No, I meant that's where all those posts are, not that all the posts there are of that content.....

Reactions: NyQuil

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I just don't believe any team with 1 defenseman who can shut down top 6 players can win. I do think Vancouver will lose to Dallas or Colorado. I just think Edmonton is a deeply flawed roster.
Vancouver has easily been more consistent than Dallas or Colorado. Yes, they’ve been that good.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver has easily been more consistent than Dallas or Colorado. Yes, they’ve been that good.
Vancouver has a solid roster. Colorado has 2 guys who can take over games and has a solid roster. Dallas is incredibly deep up front and has a rock solid top 4. I don't think the Canucks get by either team. I picked them over Edmonton. They could win if goaltending implodes for Colorado or Dallas, but not if it doesn't. Oettinger can be streaky and Colorado never knows what they are getting in net.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Canucks 5 - Oilers 4
Oilers 4 - Canucks 3 (OT)
Canucks 4 - Oilers 3
Oilers 3 - Canucks 2
Canucks 3 - Oilers 2

The scores speak for themselves, as well as the order of the team who wins. Throw in the dramatic reffing controversies and feel good story of Phillip Di Giuseppe scoring a clutch goal after becoming a father.

And as much as I hate to say it, the Canucks came in as favorites in a series which has now becime a coin toss.

What series this year has even come close?
Yes. I could.
The scores say it may be the closest.
But better series to watch for me has been
Stars Knights.
Rangers Canes

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Vancouver has a solid roster. Colorado has 2 guys who can take over games and has a solid roster. Dallas is incredibly deep up front and has a rock solid top 4. I don't think the Canucks get by either team. I picked them over Edmonton. They could win if goaltending implodes for Colorado or Dallas, but not if it doesn't. Oettinger can be streaky and Colorado never knows what they are getting in net.

Let's worry about that after the Canucks wins the 8th playoff game of this year.

If the Canucks manage a 9th, that will be before both the Leafs and the Oilers though.....

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

I think they could beat Colorado. Not Dallas. Dallas has defense, veterans, good young players, goal-tending, depth. Zero weaknesses.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Really starting to dislike the playoff format more and more. Need to go back to 1-8 seeding.

Nothing like having either Edmonton or vancouver playing for a WCF spot, and both teams are widely written off from making it out of the west.

Dal - Vgk was 1-8 dude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad