GDT: ECSF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 4pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Canes dominated o zone possession as expected but even though they won Round 1, there were times they looked to make one too many passes instead of shooting. Few cases today I counted the same thing. Their agenda for Game 2 should be to simply simplify.

NYR did what they had to do and when you score 4 with Igor in net that should (and was proven to be) be all you need.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Svechnikov (37) is Staal (11) penalty

4v4 under 1m to go, "if they get Andersson on the ice" announcer says, yet puck drops and Andersson is there.

Earlier in the game Kuznetsov gets a penalty but announcers said Kotkaniemi.

Sweet baby Jebus.

Can we please get Gary Thorne, Doc Emerick, John Davidson back in the booth? Hell, what's Sam Rosen doing with the game on ESPN not MSG? Give the guy a go will ya?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Rangers had MSG jumping tonight and home ice advantage was a big factor. That said, I thought the Canes had the same deer-in-headlights vibe they usually have in a playoff series where they aren't runaway favourites. This could be yet another quick elimination for Carolina

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Oh well, not worried. Not going to take 2 on the road and saw no sign of the massive, imposing Ranger-beasts that were supposedly going to physically crush the Canes into submission leaving them wrecked on the ice and gun-shy.

What I did see was great Ranger PP execution on blown Canes coverage plus Andersen with a couple slumpy ones.

If Canes stay out of the box and plug the leaks, they'll be fine.

Last edited:

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Who else with the U7.5 did Brent Burns just absolutely bail out

Way too much chaos at the end; Rangers have to clean that up. They weren't their normal 1-3-1 selves in the third period; they need to go back to that.

Carolina was absolutely pounding pucks into the low slot and the Rangers simply refused to let them get a shot off. Expect Carolina to flex their offense a little bit next game for more point/tip shots. The Rangers simply don't allow a lot of slot looks

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
Obvious trip at the end buy looked like the ref standing right next to it didn't call it? Or maybe the slowmo ended too quickly
That was a linesman, not a ref.

Oh well, not worried. Not going to take 2 on the road and saw no sign of the massive, imposing Ranger-beasts that were supposedly going to physically crush the Canes into submission leaving them wrecked on the ice and gun-shy.

What I did see was great Ranger PP execution on blown Canes coverage plus Anderson with a couple slumpy ones.

If Canes stay out of the box and plug the leaks, they'll be fine.
What? Who on earth said this would be the case?

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Rangers had MSG jumping tonight and home ice advantage was a big factor. That said, I thought the Canes had the same deer-in-headlights vibe they usually have in a playoff series where they aren't runaway favourites. This could be yet another quick elimination for Carolina
The Canes are rarely quickly eliminated in the 2nd round.

Reactions: Summer Rose

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Saw the highlights. Thought I was watching an outdoor pickup game with all the defensive breakdowns. Carolina needs to be better on the pk.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad