Dreger: Buchnevich is likely to be traded

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Marner extending at 11+M is terrible for the receiving team. There is no way the Blues trade for Marner and extend him to a bad deal - especially when they have playoff aspirations and looking to compete. Marner hurts you in the post season. Parayko helps you compete.

Leafs would have to add multple 1st to even this one up.
You're analysis is comical. Marners regular season and playoff points are roughly in line with an 11 mill price tag. You're so obviously biased it's actually embarrassing. Blues may not want Marner for Parayko especially at 11 mill per but he's paid fairly for what he produces.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You're analysis is comical. Marners regular season and playoff points are roughly in line with an 11 mill price tag. You're so obviously biased it's actually embarrassing. Blues may not want Marner for Parayko especially at 11 mill per but he's paid fairly for what he produces.
Marner's 3 points in 7 games and obviously avoidance of physicality means more to a competing team. If Marner is so valuable, why wouldn't the Leafs hang onto him? The reasons you will give are the same reasons GMs won't want him for 11+ million. That 11M in capspace is better spent elsewhere.

You will need to come to terms with the fact that Marner is unlikely to be traded or if he is, the return will be minimal. At 11M+ and given his weaknesses and lack of heart / competitiveness, his value has tanked. His NMC will also be a hindrance.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Marner's 3 points in 7 games and obviously avoidance of physicality means more to a competing team. If Marner is so valuable, why wouldn't the Leafs hang onto him? The reasons you will give are the same reasons GMs won't want him for 11+ million. That 11M in capspace is better spent elsewhere.

You will need to come to terms with the fact that Marner is unlikely to be traded or if he is, the return will be minimal.
Again tour logic is flawed due to bias. You assume a lot but past precedence is a great indication of future behavior. Gms have looked at superstar players not clicking on a team and have told themselves I can fix that issue or that issue will be fixed under our system with our players. Sometimes the Gm is correct, sometimes he isn't. The way you state you're biased opinion as fact is comical.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Again tour logic is flawed due to bias. You assume a lot but past precedence is a great indication of future behavior. Gms have looked at superstar players not clicking on a team and have told themselves I can fix that issue or that issue will be fixed under our system with our players. Sometimes the Gm is correct, sometimes he isn't. The way you state you're biased opinion as fact is comical.
Except, the book on Marner is written. There is 7 years of data that shows he won't change. You have such a low opinion of GMs and their scouting staffs. The 11M in capspace is more valuable than Marner. I don't see a GM trading significant value for Marner then shelling out 12M for a longterm contract. That's the very definition of terrible GMing.

You want Marner out of Toronto because he's a detriment to winning post-season. All GMs agree with you! LOL

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Except, the book on Marner is written. There is 7 years of data that shows he won't change. You have such a low opinion of GMs and their scouting staffs. The 11M in capspace is more valuable than Marner. I don't see a GM trading significant value for Marner then shelling out 12M for a longterm contract. That's the very definition of terrible GMing.
Again you're complete and utter dismissal of anything other then you're opinion aka you're extreme bias is what's causing you're logic to fail. Gms want that star player in their system because they believe the issue that needs fixing will be fixed under their system with their team. What aren't you getting ? You said the book is written, tell me when Marner has ever played for another NHL team ? Answer is never and that's the entire premise of my argument you either avoided on purpose or simply knew not to answer.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No thank you.

Honestly I could see it, not that trade specifically but would it surprise me if a trade between the Leafs andBlues happen that saw Buch, Parayko and Marner involved?

No I think Toronto is going to make some BIG changes and there were rumours of Parayko, and Buch being moved at the deadline, and one of the teams mentioned, at least for Parayko was Toronto.

A Leafs/Blues blockbuster wouldn't be totally surprising

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Again you're complete and utter dismissal of anything other then you're opinion aka you're extreme bias is what's causing you're logic to fail. Gms want that star player in their system because they believe the issue that needs fixing will be fixed under their system with their team. What aren't you getting ? You said the book is written, tell me when Marner has ever played for another NHL team ? Answer is never and that's the entire premise of my argument you either avoided on purpose or simply knew not to answer.
Using that logic, Marner for PLD. Because Tre would obviously see that PLD can be fixed in Toronto. Right?

Of course not. Once you pay Marner 11+ million, you have erased any value he has. Because he can't produce when it counts most. And that's the most important factor.

I get you are very sensitive after a series loss last night. But you have to get past your homerism and open your mind a bit.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Using that logic, Marner for PLD. Because Tre would obviously see that PLD can be fixed in Toronto. Right?

Of course not. Once you pay Marner 11+ million, you have erased any value he has. Because he can't produce when it counts most. And that's the most important factor.

I get you are very sensitive after a series loss last night. But you have to get past your homerism and open your mind a bit.
Nice false equivalency, PLD is on his 3rd team that has had the same issues with him, hence why even though he played at a high level in the past he is considered a cap dump now. Two different GMs paid significant value under the premise of fixing those issues on their respective team. Marner hadn't even been traded once. You're either intellectually dishonest or have no clue what you are talking about.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Nice false equivalency, PLD is on his 3rd team that has had the same issues with him, hence why even though he played at a high level in the past he is considered a cap dump now. Two different GMs paid significant value under the premise of fixing those issues on their respective team. Marner hadn't even been traded once. You're either intellectually dishonest or have no clue what you are talking about.
And you are in denial. The 11+ M is exactly the reason why you want to get rid of him. Because you know the money better spent elsewhere. That his regular season points (fueled by a generational Matthews) is not worth the squeeze when it doesn't yield post-season success.

You see this. I see this. All GMs see this.

We all agree! :)

The PLD was an extreme example, but a fair example.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
And you are in denial. The 11+ M is exactly the reason why you want to get rid of him. Because you know the money better spent elsewhere. That his regular season points (fueled by a generational Matthews) is not worth the squeeze when it doesn't yield post-season success.

You see this. I see this. All GMs see this.

We all agree! :)

The PLD was an extreme example, but a fair example.
I've should you exactly where you're logic and reasoning has broken down. You citing PLD as an example proves my point, two GMs paid a high price for him before he was considered a cap dump. You're so deep down the well of hate for the Leafs you allow you're own logic and reasoning to be affected which is sad because if you're willing to compromise you're logic and reasoning for no reward outside of a team win then what would you compromise in yourself for a tangible benefit ?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I've should you exactly where you're logic and reasoning has broken down. You citing PLD as an example proves my point, two GMs paid a high price for him before he was considered a cap dump. You're so deep down the well of hate for the Leafs you allow you're own logic and reasoning to be affected which is sad because if you're willing to compromise you're logic and reasoning for no reward outside of a team win then what would you compromise in yourself for a tangible benefit ?
PLD is a cautionary tale. The caution applies to Marner.

All i am saying my friend is to be prepared for a very weak return IF Marner is traded. Because there are too many roadblocks to an environment that would foster a significant return. Imagine signing Marner to a 12M contract. LOL

I care about ya! ;)

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
PLD is a cautionary tale. The caution applies to Marner.

All i am saying my friend is to be prepared for a very weak return IF Marner is traded. Because there are too many roadblocks to an environment that would foster a significant return. Imagine signing Marner to a 12M contract. LOL

I care about ya! ;)
If you weren't so intellectually dishonest I'd find you quite funny, with that being said of course Marners value will be depressed. What it won't be is depressed to the point of being a cap dump or taking back long term bad money. Instead of the value of a 90+ point solid two way winger who is great on the kill the leafs will probably get the equivalent value of a 65 to 75 point two way winger who is paid correctly. That doesn't factor in a potential extension either which has been the precedent set over the last 4 years with superstar level players.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If you weren't so intellectually dishonest I'd find you quite funny, with that being said of course Marners value will be depressed. What it won't be is depressed to the point of being a cap dump or taking back long term bad money. Instead of the value of a 90+ point solid two way winger who is great on the kill the leafs will probably get the equivalent value of a 65 to 75 point two way winger who is paid correctly. That doesn't factor in a potential extension either which has been the precedent set over the last 4 years with superstar level players.
If you weren't in denial and in pain, you would see past your Leaf bias.

Marner is not worth his caphit. Its why the Leafs probably don't want him. His NMC will complicate matters.

But we agree that the return will be greatly depressed, if he is even traded at all. I believe the Leafs will run out the clock on his contract.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
If you weren't in denial and in pain, you would see past your Leaf bias.

Marner is not worth his caphit. Its why the Leafs probably don't want him. His NMC will complicate matters.

But we agree that the return will be greatly depressed, if he is even traded at all. I believe the Leafs will run out the clock on his contract.
Your opinions are based on little to no evidence though. How many teams have let a 90+ point winger in his prime walk for nothing in the last 20 years ? You also say I'm in denial then agree with my analysis of Marners value and how it's affected. Then you completely ignore the plethora of star players who have been traded for high value even when the original teams had certain issues with the traded player. I'm a realistic Leaf fan, I know my team, the league, and use evidence to better understand the future outcomes of potential trades like these. You use humor and you're own deluded opinions based on nothing.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Your opinions are based on little to no evidence though. How many teams have let a 90+ point winger in his prime walk for nothing in the last 20 years ? You also say I'm in denial then agree with my analysis of Marners value and how it's affected. Then you completely ignore the plethora of star players who have been traded for high value even when the original teams had certain issues with the traded player. I'm a realistic Leaf fan, I know my team, the league, and use evidence to better understand the future outcomes of potential trades like these. You use humor and you're own deluded opinions based on nothing.
I and you agree his value will be depressed. I think your view of depressed is not depressed enough. I don't think he returns much more than a top-4 D (slightly overpaid) and a late 1st or 2nd round pick.

All you care about is 90 points. That is mandatory when you have a 11M contract. But a 11M contract demands more in the post-season. Marner has serious warts. You just don't want to beleaf it.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I and you agree his value will be depressed. I think your view of depressed is not depressed enough. I don't think he returns much more than a top-4 D (slightly overpaid) and a late 1st or 2nd round pick.

All you care about is 90 points. That is mandatory when you have a 11M contract. But a 11M contract demands more in the post-season. Marner has serious warts. You just don't want to beleaf it.
I certainly know Marners limitations and they are as follows, he's Immature, and falls down to a ppg pace in the playoffs due to the physical nature of the games. That's the entire list. Their will be more then a few GMs who will believe they can fix both with their personnel they currently have on their team. You just don't seem to understand how psychology works. These GMs are highly competitive, highly successful and are extremely confident in their abilities. All of those traits are entry points to potential trades like these. I'm actually starting to feel bad for you, you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I certainly know Marners limitations and they are as follows, he's Immature, and falls down to a ppg pace in the playoffs due to the physical nature of the games. That's the entire list. Their will be more then a few GMs who will believe they can fix both with their personnel they currently have on their team. You just don't seem to understand how psychology works. These GMs are highly competitive, highly successful and are extremely confident in their abilities. All of those traits are entry points to potential trades like these. I'm actually starting to feel bad for you, you haven't a clue what you are talking about.
Let's wait and see what happens in the offseason. When Marner remains a Leaf or is traded for peanuts, i will accept your apology for being completely clueless. :)

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Let's wait and see what happens in the offseason. When Marner remains a Leaf or is traded for peanuts, i will accept your apology for being completely clueless. :)
You see the difference between you and I is that I'm not stating my opinion as fact, I provide evidence that supports my claim and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong I apologize and move on. Evidence isn't proof, neither you nor I can prove what the return for marner is but you're so called evidence is nothing more then opinion with sprinkles of evidence. I'll certainly apologize if I'm wrong but I expect the same from you if I am correct.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You see the difference between you and I is that I'm not stating my opinion as fact, I provide evidence that supports my claim and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong I apologize and move on. Evidence isn't proof, neither you nor I can prove what the return for marner is but you're so called evidence is nothing more then opinion with sprinkles of evidence. I'll certainly apologize if I'm wrong but I expect the same from you if I am correct.
Give your head a shake. I have provided evidence and details to back my claim. 3 pts in 7 games. A serial playoff non-performer. Soft and afraid to get hit. Even Willie called him out. 11M caphit with a NMC.

Those are facts and evidence. If you don't want to accept them, then that's on you. So i get you are stinking after the loss last night. But don't let that frustration and anger turn into denial and stupidity.

Let's see what transpires and call it a day.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Give your head a shake. I have provided evidence and details to back my claim. 3 pts in 7 games. A serial playoff non-performer. Soft and afraid to get hit. Even Willie called him out. 11M caphit with a NMC.

Those are facts and evidence. If you don't want to accept them, then that's on you. So i get you are stinking after the loss last night. But don't let that frustration and anger turn into denial and stupidity.

Let's see what transpires and call it a day.
You quoting stats in a single series while ignoring everything else isn't evidence. Evidence is gathered from multiple areas to come to an informed conclusion that you base said opinion on. Am I even speaking with an adult here, because if I'm not we should have this conversation when you finish high-school because you're ability to use you're own reasoning and logic is broken due to you're inherent bias against the Leafs.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You quoting stats in a single series while ignoring everything else isn't evidence. Evidence is gathered from multiple areas to come to an informed conclusion that you base said opinion on. Am I even speaking with an adult here, because if I'm not we should have this conversation when you finish high-school because you're ability to use you're own reasoning and logic is broken due to you're inherent bias against the Leafs.
Resorting to childish insults.... Not surprising for someone like yourself who can't seem to see the negatives for what they are.... They are facts. You want Marner out for the same reason GMs will be apprehensive about him. IN the 8 years he's been a Leaf, he hasn't changed one bit.

Sorry your team lost dude. Marner was a huge reason why. The game is being replayed on NHL network if you want a closer look to see why he is the reason the Leafs are losers. Watch and learn.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Come on now...

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad