Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Lost interest in hockey after the Jets are out of the playoffs. I don’t care which team wins the cups I’m just want the teams I dislike the most to lose like the Maple Leafs and Vegas

Reactions: Jet

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Lost interest in hockey after the Jets are out of the playoffs. I don’t care which team wins the cups I’m just want the teams I dislike the most to lose like the Maple Leafs and Vegas
Last year I wanted the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs to win the Cup, so hopefully that doesn’t happen again this year.

• Haha
Reactions: roccerfeller

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
So the best Canadian team in the regular season is the first Canadian team eliminated while the other 3 advance to round 2 or at least 7 games in round one.:mad:
So it looks like the Leafs figured it out in the 3 losses the refs gave Boston 11 PPs and in the 3 wins the Leafs only took 4 penalties.:huh:
At least Boston is constant they give the Leafs at least 3 PPs every game.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
So the best Canadian team in the regular season is the first Canadian team eliminated while the other 3 advance to round 2 or at least 7 games in round one.:mad:
So it looks like the Leafs figured it out in the 3 losses they gave Boston 10 PPs and in the 3 wins they only took 4 penalties.
At least Boston is constant they give the Leafs 3 PPs every game.

Last night was one of those flow of the game things. Boston had 1 shot through half the game, you're not going on the PP when you don't have the puck.

Have to say the longer it went with the Leafs being so dominant and not scoring I felt like they were definitely going to lose.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The Athletic’s Eric Duhatschek calling for a PLD buyout in year one.

Screenshot-2024-05-03-at-1.02.49-PM.png

Because Dubois is only 25 years old, that means he could be bought out for one-third of his remaining contract value. If a player is 26 or older when they're bought out, it costs two-thirds the remaining value. Dubois will turn 26 on June 24.

BUT....

The first buyout window opens either on June 15, or 48 hours after the Stanley Cup Final ends, whichever is later. And, according to the NHL's key dates calendar, the last possible day of this year's Stanley Cup Final is...June 24. If the playoffs go late enough, the Kings may not even have an opportunity to buy out Dubois at one-third the rate.

And add to that actually having the cap hit for the next 14 years.... Ouch.

I think the GM ( if he wants to keep his job ) and the team itself, just has to keep him and hope he actually can be a better player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ponds and Krauser

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Back to front the Panthers may just have the most solid lineup in the league atm
The masters of giving chances to other teams' castoffs. They've got a ridiculous number of great players for practically nothing by just being open-minded: Forsling was a waiver claim, Verhaeghe was abandoned by Tampa (although they claimed to have known the talent afterwards, there just wasn't room then), Stolarz was dumped from the Ducks... even guys like Mikkola and Rodrigues have been nice depth additions for relatively little cap space.

And having Barkov helps too.

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The masters of giving chances to other teams' castoffs. They've got a ridiculous number of great players for practically nothing by just being open-minded: Forsling was a waiver claim, Verhaeghe was abandoned by Tampa (although they claimed to know the talent afterwards, there just wasn't room then), Stolarz was dumped from the Ducks... even guys like Mikkola and Rodrigues have been nice depth additions for relatively little cap space.

And having Barkov helps too.
Great trades too, Reinhart, Tkachuk, Bennett and Montour.

Reactions: Maukkis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad