2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion, June 28-29th

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
For anyone watching U-18’s, any BA types you see? Just watched Finland vs US, the Emil Hemming kid looked good. Maybe not a Matikka or Jani Nyman winger, but looks like he is rated pretty high.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
I kinda feel like we are going to be surprised this draft again. Like Catton will be our pick. Or we trade back with Calgary for 9 and 29. I think you could still get a great player a few spots back.
The only thing not surprising is us not winning the lottery again.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I kinda feel like we are going to be surprised this draft again. Like Catton will be our pick. Or we trade back with Calgary for 9 and 29. I think you could still get a great player a few spots back.
If Calgary is desperate for Iginla and we know it’s Iginla they want, that trade would make a ton of sense. Especially assuming Celebrini, Demidov and Lindstrom go top 8. If you add Iginla to that group of forwards then we know at least one of those top defensemen will be there at 9th.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Can't see him trading down for more picks. Only so many roster spots and I would think they are going to have a log jam eventually as it is.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Can't see him trading down for more picks. Only so many roster spots and I would think they are going to have a log jam eventually as it is.
The only reason I think he would do that is to package the #29 and 2 second round picks to get back to the early mid round like we did in 22' with Geekie. We traded the #27, 34 and 45 for #11. Getting 2 players in the top 13 of this draft would be great.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The only reason I think he would do that is to package the #29 and 2 second round picks to get back to the early mid round like we did in 22' with Geekie. We traded the #27, 34 and 45 for #11. Getting 2 players in the top 13 of this draft would be great.
The only reason I could see us trading down is if a D is involved.

rt

May 13, 2004
Imagining Silayev at 9th and Brandsegg-Nygard at 14th is pretty nice.

rt

May 13, 2004
I’m trying to get caught up on the Saginaw/London super series. I’m half way through game three. Dickinson is so impressive. I was curious what it would look like when they weren’t just sweeping teams. I’d argue London and Saginaw are two of the three best teams in the OHL (along with Oshawa) and Dickinson still looks phenomenal. It’s a shame Parekh missed the first two games. I’m cheering for a London win so we can hopefully get a rematch on the Mem Cup.

rt

May 13, 2004
Silayev was #2 on McKenzie's mid-season ranking ie. the poll of actual NHL scouts. I think he could be a target.
And I think he had just about 0g and 0a since that list came out - lol. Maybe not exactly 0 but pretty darn close. I think he’s going to be closer to 10 than 2 when the update comes out Monday. Too many guys had huge 2nd halves.

I like the prospect a lot. I’ve got him 8th.

rt

May 13, 2004
I double checked. He did have 0g 0a in the KHL regular season after the Jan 22nd list came out. In the POs he had 0g 2a in 5gp in the KHL and 0g 3a in 10gp in the MHL.

So that’s 26gp 0g 5a since the McKenzie mid-term. He’s not an offensive defenseman. That’s not his game. Not yet. He’s got potential. I like the kid enough to have him in my top ten ahead of a ton of really good prospects.

But I do think that big drop in production will knock him out of the 2 spot and probably out of the top 5 on the McKenzie lottery list.

Reactions: Cameron Poe Dameron

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
The success Buium had in the NCAA is ridiculous. Parehk had a record year offensively the OHL. The defenseman in this deep class are so good.
Utah is totally going offense... Lindstrom, Eiserman or Catton.

rt

May 13, 2004
The success Buium had in the NCAA is ridiculous. Parehk had a record year offensively the OHL. The defenseman in this deep class are so good.
Utah is totally going offense... Lindstrom, Eiserman or Catton.
I’d rather have Iginla, or Bandsegg-Nygard, or even Beckett Sennecke over either of Eiserman or Catton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad