Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He’s looking much better in the videos he just posted. I sure would wait until next season though

And it's a safe assumption that he's probably further along in his rehab than the videos suggest too.

We know he wanted to do more, but was being held back from doing so. We know his time timeline was 12-18 months, and he won't be back before that.

12 months would be May 10th I believe. Who knows if it will happen, but the 2nd round was always a possibility.

What we've been told to watch out for are when he starts doing hard stops and starts. When he starts doing that, he'll be very close.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Deep skate cut? That injury in game 82 didnt look anything like a cut

I've watched that play a bunch of times now, and it certainly seems like it was a skate cut, but it's hard to reconcile where, and which leg, with this report.

If it's the thigh like that tweet says, it would be his right thigh, but it doesn't look like the skate came up high enough, or close enough to Drouin's right leg.

Looked a lot more like it clipped the top of his left foot, or the bottom of his left shin, but he was pushing off with his left skate, and favoring his right leg as he went off.

Very strange play.

Drouin-Skate-Cut.png

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Again, I really think the May 10th date is the date when he'll truly try to test it out. That's not when he's going to try to play hockey, that's when he's going to start finding out for sure if he CAN try to play hockey soon.

They've told us over and over again that he's not going to skip steps no matter how well it is or isn't going. So after the 1 year date I think he'll start skating harder and cutting, and if that goes well maybe a week of noncontact practice, then maybe a week of practice, then maybe they'll think about trying him in a game. It's not just going to be, "Yep, it's been a year, toss him out there right now or shut him down."

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I wonder if Gabe will be Jamie Benns cheap shot target? Or does that go to someone smaller?
Great way to get the shit kicked out of him by Manson again

Which is funny seeing after watching the "fight" from the MLB the other day :laugh: Looks like a couple of 2nd graders windmilling their arms at each other

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I've watched that play a bunch of times now, and it certainly seems like it was a skate cut, but it's hard to reconcile where, and which leg, with this report.

If it's the thigh like that tweet says, it would be his right thigh, but it doesn't look like the skate came up high enough, or close enough to Drouin's right leg.

Looked a lot more like it clipped the top of his left foot, or the bottom of his left shin, but he was pushing off with his left skate, and favoring his right leg as he went off.

Very strange play.

Drouin-Skate-Cut.png

He was already cut before this play. It happened before the faceoff but Drouin didn't know it yet and it's not on the replay.

What we see is only when he realizes that something is wrong.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He was already cut before this play. It happened before the faceoff but Drouin didn't know it yet and it's not on the replay.

What we see is only when he realizes that something is wrong.

Is that what the report said in French? That seems even more odd if that were the case.

I just rewatched it and he had about a 34 second shift immediately before that, where he skated all around the ice, but didn't come into contact with anybody, and then stayed out for the next shift where he fell. Didn't look like anything would have caused it off the face-off either.

So the earliest it seems like it could have happened, would be on the bench, before he jumped over for the first shift perhaps.

But in real time that was about 1:06 between the start of the first shift and when he fell. If you have a really deep cut, it may take a few seconds for you to realize it, but over a minute while you're flexing your leg, and skating hard, would be really odd.

On the flip side, it sure looked like that skate made contact with Drouin's leg behind the net, and caused him to fall. Then he noticed it as he got up.

pont

Jul 1, 2019
Great way to get the shit kicked out of him by Manson again

Which is funny seeing after watching the "fight" from the MLB the other day :laugh: Looks like a couple of 2nd graders windmilling their arms at each other

The baseball fight was pretty classic stuff and the voice over commentary mocking it was great! LOL

Reactions: The Moops

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

That was a pathetic fight. YouTube thumbnail made it look like two guys dancing, and I have no idea how he missed that punch at 5:00.

But that might have been the best breakdown I've ever seen. :laugh: I think slowing it down 50% or so is what made it work so well. Single handedly made me consider watching baseball. Almost.

Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
That was a pathetic fight. YouTube thumbnail made it look like two guys dancing, and I have no idea how he missed that punch at 5:00.

But that might have been the best breakdown I've ever seen. :laugh: I think slowing it down 50% or so is what made it work so well. Single handedly made me consider watching baseball. Almost.
Jomboy is the GOAT. Only reason I watch any baseball related media. He covers hockey occasionally too

Reactions: Foppa2118

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver

Very strange play.

Drouin-Skate-Cut.png

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 11.45.42 PM.png

Well this frame looks like his leg got sliced in half all the way through, so clearly thats what happened. :sarcasm:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Your solution is one of those "easier said than done" situations.

The local media is pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place. People like Lebrun, Lavoie, or Gagon (last night w/ the Drouin news) don't have to play by the same rules as people like TMV, or DNVR.

Remember when The Athletic came to town with Ryan Clark? The Avs practically treated him/them with kid gloves and spoonfed him a lot of things that other local hustlers had been trying to get for years. Lebrun gets that Sakic interview like every year because he's a national journalist. Historically, at least dating back to when Roy was coach, the French-Canadian media usually gets/got better/more news on the Avs because...well who the f*** knows, maybe because of us coming from Quebec and because Roy was French-Canadian, etc.

In recent years we've seen an outlet like DNVR get players on their podcast during training camp, get the sitting GM on their podcast post-trade deadline, etc. This highlights, again, how stuck the local media is. If they still want to get what the Avs give them, they can't piss them off. And this is these people's livelihood, so they can't really go out on a limb to burn those bridges.

For the Avs and media, the pecking order is pretty simple :

1) national media
2) grocery store bagger

3) local media

I think the solution is obvious... @The Mars Volchenkov needs to go undercover as a grocery store bagger !

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Was watching Avalanche 360, they showed the Avs players on their way to Winnipeg and seeing the way Landy and LOC were walking at the airport towards the plane, they looked completely healthy like they could play. It’s still good to see those two traveling with the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad