2023-2024 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Frank Seravalli released his Top 50 FA list with projected contracts. If these players were to get the listed contract, what players, if any, would you be interested in signing?

Panthers’ Sam Reinhart debuts as No. 1 free agent on Daily Faceoff’s Top 50 UFAs
Zadorov I could get on board with if we find away to get out of Krug's contract.

Monahan could be ok at that price, I like Chandler Stephenson too but I wouldn't be comfortable giving him that deal.

Not sure I would take anyone else on there honeslty at those prices.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I don't think we'll be active, but Duchene or Monahan could make sense. Depending on if we make moves, Sprong or Duclair could make sense. I don't think we should sign anyone longer than 3 years, and there is no big fish worth pursuing yet.
Or Sprong. Yes.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Yikes. That’s a lot of ugly potential contracts.

Out of those, I guess Monahan? Perhaps Perron.

Free agency is a game of musical chairs though. At some point, some of these guys will look around and realize the music has stopped (the teams originally in on them have filled their roster spots with other players) and they’ll have to lower their demands and/or sign with a team they weren’t originally considering. Hopefully the Blues can take advantage of a situation or two like that. Get some cheaper low hanging fruit. But overall, I don’t expect the Blues to be very active at all in the UFA market.
Monahan was the only one based on those contracts but I am pretty blah on that.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
For a 2nd line C I would take in this order, Stamkos is not 1st because we all know he's not gonna be available.

Monohan
Stamkos
Duchene

For wingers even though we don't really need them

Marchessault
Perron

I don't really care about the AAV since they are short contracts and we're not competing for a cup yet but a 2c from this list and these wingers would for sure put us into the playoffs and from there anything that happens is just for fun.

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
St, Louis Steeners! Harkens back to indoor soccer team of my youth. perhaps we can bring in slobo!

Smells like Steen Spirit!
Shirts.jpg

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
That’s a lot of has-beens on that FA list. Jalen Chatfield and Lyubushkin have looked decent in the playoffs as prospective depth d-men.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
oh no! had no idea. we went to way more steamers games than blues games as a kid. of course, they had better team back then.
Apparently, Slobo continued to play for various iterations of STL soccer and experienced an aneurysm while playing and died later in hospital.

He signed my orange and black ball at Omni Sports near Telegraph and Lindbergh. And then we used it to play street soccer, but it didn't last long at it popped under a car's transmission. oops

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
you have to ask Sir Mix-A-Lot
A buddy made plans to fly out to AZ for a visit, but then it's been crickets ever since.

I texted him last night that he is now known as Sir Flake-A-Lot. Funny.

One Source fragmented into different consciousnesses embodied within various bio-suits.

--

Anyway.......

I was pleased by Kyrou's development this season. I didn't expect it, so it is a pleasure.

I was relieved by RT's development, but it was an expectation.

Torpo is not skilled, but he is a game-changer. Period.

Alexandrov is skilled, but he is a tampon changer. Period.

My first in-game post in 2021 regarding Jake was something like, "He oozes NHL." It was clear to see from his first couple shifts. Future Captain.

Saad scored the quietest and most-boring 26 goals. Ever.

Schenn is a middle-management yes-man who has no business wearing the C.

Blais appeared out of shape, Vrana is a troll. Kapanen has no desire. Hayes is boring.

FaulknKrug.....OYVEY!!!!!

Kessel is a smooth operator. Extremely pleased.

Tucker can chop ice, but, unfortunately, that causes problems.

Scotty P? wtf

Binny is a stud.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Meh, guess its fine. It's not like they are ready to compete yet anyway. Might as well keep him around and see who becomes available the next year or two. Pretty clear Army thought he had a chance at Monty but them moving on crushed that dream.
Right. It's fine. He's cheap. The team isn't going anywhere. And he'll be an easy fall guy when someone better comes along.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Ridiculous. If they're going to do this they better embrace tanking, but they won't. They'll sign a roster to compete next year and we'll be in the same spot.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
A little boring but not unexpected. It's a move that make sense for the current state of the team.

Ridiculous. If they're going to do this they better embrace tanking, but they won't. They'll sign a roster to compete next year and we'll be in the same spot.
Buddy, that train's left the station. There's not going to be a commitment to tanking.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Care to elaborate? You think Bannister is a bad coach? Or that some other coach would get significantly better results?

I think some fans overstate the impact a coach has. The best coach in the world can't turn a mediocre team into a champion and plenty of average coaches have won championships with great teams. All that matters is that the team responds well to him and he keeps guys motivated and working hard.

Not the most exciting choice but that doesn't make it a bad one. I don't think Brindamour and Monty are going anywhere and even if they do I doubt we'd pony up the cash to land them. If we were ready to contend I could see fans being disappointed but our record was pretty good under Bannister no?

Last edited:
Reactions: Drubilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad