Winnipeg Jets going into the 24/25 season

What do you feel is the top Priority for 2024-2025?

• New Special Team Coach (replace Lauer)

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • New Head Coach (replace Bowness)

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Replace both coaches (replace Bowness and Lauer)

Votes: 65 44.5%
  • New General Manager (replace Cheveldayoff)

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Trade Forwards/picks for improved Defense core. (Replacements for Pionk & Stanley)

Votes: 46 31.5%
  • Improved process to integrate youth (mostly our prospects) into the NHL club and give longer leash

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • Ensure strong Back-up Goalie (like Brossoit) and give MINIMUM of 30 games (Load Mgmt for Helly)

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Trade Vezina Helly if we get a great offer

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Create time travel (or borrow this current tech from the CIA) and bring back Prime Byfuglien

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Trade multiple Players for picks - start mini Re-build

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I wonder where Kupari lands in the lineup next year.

The org was high enough on him to insist that he be included in the PLD deal but he didn't show much outside of his speed

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

The org was high enough on him to insist that he be included in the PLD deal but he didn't show much outside of his speed

PB and maybe 4th line spot duties I'd imagine.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

1C

… on the Moose

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Coaches Out: Bowness, Lauer

Coaches In: Ryan Warsofsky, Jay Woodcraft

Players Out: Toffoli, Monahan, Stanley, Dillon

Players In: Lindholm, Joshua, Carrier, Pesce, Kahkonen

Resign: Perfetti, Gustafsson, DeMelo

Trade: Ehlers for Zegras

Trade: Schmidt to Chicago for 24 3rd Rd (Ott), 25 4th Rd (NYR)

Trade: Pionk to Utah for 24 3rd Rd (Utah) and 25 2nd Rd (TOR)
Someone just got NHL manager on their PC.

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
- Need to incorporate some of the strong young players in the organization into the lineup.
- Ehlers + Stanley/Pionk/Schmidt for Pulock (or other trade involving Ehlers for a top 4 big RHD)
- If Salomonsson is ready, let him play.
- At least one of Schmidt or Pionk needs to be gone from the organization.

Connor Scheif Lambert
Perfetti Monahan Vilardi
Nino Lowry Appleton
Barron Vlad Chibrikov
Gus, Kupari

Morrissey Demelo
Dillon Heinola
Samberg Pulock
Salomonsson

Helle
Kahkonen

Reactions: kanadalainen

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I think mostly the same, I wouldn't be upset to see Dillon leave, he was pretty bad in the playoffs there. Demello wasn't great either, but the Jets need RHD. I think they'll try and re-sign Monohan but he is a pretty meh player.

I could see them trying to move someone like Ehlers for a Dman. A good top 4 D man to anchor the 2nd pairing would be sweet. Get Pionk down onto the 3rd pairing maybe playing with Heinola and give them some soft matchups to produce some offense.

It would be cool to see some young forwards given a look. Perfetti deserves more minutes and responsibility. Jets need more speed in general, not sure what UFA fowards are available, but getting some faster depth players would be nice. Been missing that since Tanev left.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Kinda hard to remove a GM and coaching staff in the same off season.
So GM has to go first and then hopefully you get some of the other changes that the poll is asking about.
Unfortunately it would be done over a longer period of time ( it’s a process :D )
Chipman is really resistant to change so don’t expect much change but buy tickets dammit

Reactions: hn777 and kenobiwan

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
It’s high time for a new GM!!! Surely there is an ex jet or moose player to fill that role?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I should expand on my post. They play smaller than they are. I'm basing my opinion on playoff hockey, not regular season hockey. What has me confused is why do they look so overwhelmed in playoffs..... is it a character thing. Coaching perhaps... Our special teams are so static and predictable for NHL.

I agree the talent is not elite especially on d.
They pucker up in the PO's. Still surprised its a different game and how the opponents ratchet up

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
- Need to incorporate some of the strong young players in the organization into the lineup.
- Ehlers + Stanley/Pionk/Schmidt for Pulock (or other trade involving Ehlers for a top 4 big RHD)
- If Salomonsson is ready, let him play.
- At least one of Schmidt or Pionk needs to be gone from the organization.

Connor Scheif Lambert
Perfetti Monahan Vilardi
Nino Lowry Appleton
Barron Vlad Chibrikov
Gus, Kupari

Morrissey Demelo
Dillon Heinola
Samberg Pulock
Salomonsson

Helle
Kahkonen
Connor, Scheif, Lambo . Now thats hot!!

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Agree with your opinion of Apples and Chibs... Chibrikov is ready I think (hope). Connor is a guy we must keep, he is capable of playing well at all times and especially away from Schuffles.
But if 55 and KFC are just reunited with no rhyme or reason as Bowness kept doing, regardless of who the coach is then we are no further ahead.

We need a coach who will say "these are the lines, period. If you want to pout you can do it in the press box."

We absolutely need to fire Lauer. We need to decide if Perfetti is our 2C or not and if so then he needs to be stapled there the first day of camp are left there, mistakes an all to grow into the position.

If we resign Monahan then your 2nd line is

KFC-Monahan-Perfetti

1st line Scheifele-Villardi and Ehlers (or a suitable replacement either via trade or the less likely scenario of enticing a PF type to sign here,

I'm ok with Chibrikov over Appleton for the 3rd line, or Barron.

4th line of Vlad and whatever we have left we can't dump as part of a trade to upgrade (whatever 3rd or 4th line high energy type player is available as a FA that would be considered an upgrade.

Gus and Kupari in the PB.

Lambert on the Moose and 1st call up in the event of an injury.

Don't really want any part of Lindholm. K from Philly not likely interested in coming here. Brady from Ottawa not really an option.

Morrissey -Demelo ( resign and 1st pair again unless trading Pionk and whatever gets us a better option than DeMelo who can then drop down to 2nd pair-with Samberg or Dillon if we attempt to resign him.

Heinola with Miller or Schmidt, 3rd pair unless we buy out Schmidt.

Helle ( or a massive trade th upgrade massive spots and if that happens sign Bro and at worst make your 1A.

Alternately resign Bro writhe promise of more games or find another quality backup and give Helle less regular season games.

Hire a sports psychologist.

Hire a ST coach with some fresh ideas.

Chevy is not the reason we were torched in the playoffs. He signs the players-it's up to them to produce.

As far as Bowness making adjustments, ok fine but we had no rookies in the lineup this season. The players aren't stupid, they can be making adjustments in game themselves, they are out there, they know what's working and what isn't.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
As long as Scheif wants a finesse power play - it doesnt matter who the coach is...

The team needs more speed on PK - Barron/Connor, AJF/Lowry

The team needs less Pionk and Stan

Not sure Vilardi is a 1RW...

I'd give Lambert/Gus/Barron a legit chance as C

Heinola/Capo in our D core

Reactions: hn777

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Yeah we just need to find a team that has a RHD they are willing to move for winger help. I have no idea what that team is right now but I'm sure there is bound to be one that pops up eventually.
As a nucks fan I think there's a scenario where Hronek is moved in order to keep Zadorov, Myers, or Lindholm etc. A winger for EP has to be a huge priority in any trade so I think there's a fit but I'm not sure Ehlers would be the target, at least not 1-1

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Wonder if Chevy looks at teams with deep, expensive D to pry one away with new-found extra cap space (with not resigning/ moving/ or buying out some combination of Pionk, Schmidt, Iafallo, Dillon or Ehlers) and D holes to fill.

Teams like Buffalo (Dahlin, Power, Byram) or Ottawa (Sanderson, Chabot, Chychrun) or NYR (Fox, Trouba, Schneider) have new deals kicking in or pending that will be hard for them to manage. Jets have a decent prospect pool coupled with a guy like Ehlers might shake a guy loose.

Last edited:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I don’t mind extending DeMelo, but term will be important.

* Thanks Captain Obvious *

He’ll be declining pretty hard very soon due to age, as will Dillon. We’ve seen it with Schmidt’s game past season.

Really curious about the Sabres. Dahlin’s $11M aav and Power’s $8+M aav deals kick in next season and Byram is 1 yr removed from RFA status likely wanting to be paid too, especially if his offense continues to develop. Samuelsson also makes over $4M aav on a long term deal that’s just starting. They’ve also talked about wanting to make changes as it’s not working fast enough. They are a team to watch, maybe not with the Jets, but a team to watch nonetheless.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I don’t mind extending DeMelo, but term will be important.

* Thanks Captain Obvious *

He’ll be declining pretty hard very soon due to age, as will Dillon. We’ve seen it with Schmidt’s game past season.

Really curious about the Sabres. Dahlin’s $11M aav and Power’s $8M aav deals kick in next season and Byrum is 1 yr removed from RFA status likely wanting to be paid too, especially if his offense continues to develop. Samuelsson also makes over $4M aav on a long term deal that’s just starting. They’ve also talked about wanting to make changes as it’s not working fast enough. They are a team to watch, maybe not with the Jets, but a team to watch nonetheless.
to me, the Sabres are a team that would give up a lot for neg rights to Bross...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad