Player Discussion William Nylander

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Idiotic and fireable offense to be playing these guys into game 82 of the season all to chase personal accolades.

Sums up their priorities.
Yea, the smartest thing Keefe ever said was that the chase for 70 goals was a distraction.

This is so incredibly on brand for this group

Reactions: TheShape

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
I'm 20 years past Willy age but I've thrown out my back picking up a pen I dropped on the ground. Thinking back that was almost 10 years ago.

It can happen pretty easily.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Yea, the smartest thing Keefe ever said was that the chase for 70 goals was a distraction.

This is so incredibly on brand for this group

If keefe allowed it to become a distraction that’s on the coaching. It did not have to be

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
We had 12 healthy forwards... who is sitting? Role 9 forwards? All of Matthews, Marner, and Nylander?
1713814373941.png

Sorted from most to least. Meaningless Game 82

But keep defending Dubas' stooge.

Reactions: TimeZone

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
He was skating like his back hurts. Looks like the way I walk in the morning. They won't need him tonight. He will be more important for games 3 and 4.
HUH
Down 1-0 and we don't need him tonight?
Down 2-0 and kiss the series goodbye

That would we mean would need to win 4 out of 5....almost assuredly not happening.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
View attachment 857469
Sorted from most to least. Meaningless Game 82

But keep defending Dubas' stooge.

So he played 2 minutes less than normal and was out there at the end of the game... sounds like whatever this injury was, if it happened that game, it couldn't have been too bad of a hit to make anyone think it was serious.

Kucherov played for 24 minutes by the way... this is Stanley Cup winning coach that thinks that is a silly argument.

Point and Stamkos also played more than Nylander.

Reactions: Sypher04

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Pasta, Marchand, McAvoy, etc (I don't believe they sat anyone notable) all played game 82 for the Bruins abd they had even less to play for than us. Hell management was probably hoping for a loss.
Boston had a division title they were chasing. Good for them escaping unscathed. We’ve been locked into 3rd for a while.
Who were they supposed to play?

They had tons of injuries already...
Throw a D on forward for a game or ride lines 3-4 all night. Manage the situation that’s what a good coach should do. These guys were busting their asses to get Matthews 70 and now Willie is a doubt to even play here.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
I’m thinking it’s a golf related incident. They were in Florida, they definitely golfed
good call , especially when u havent golfed in a while the movement on the back can cause pain the next day

prob woke up completely fked

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
So he played 2 minutes less than normal and was out there at the end of the game... sounds like whatever this injury was, if it happened that game, it couldn't have been too bad of a hit to make anyone think it was serious.

Kucherov played for 24 minutes by the way... this is Stanley Cup winning coach that thinks that is a silly argument.

Mack and Makar played a meaningless last game against Edm.

Most players don't rest at the end of the season.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Mack and Makar played a meaningless last game against Edm.

Most players don't rest at the end of the season.

Nylander is the last person I think will get hurt in a meaningless game too... he avoids contact like crazy and is known for not trying unless he wants to.

Reactions: Jojalu and Sypher04

Farsailor

Aug 4, 2018
Nylander is the last person I think will get hurt in a meaningless game too... he avoids contact like crazy and is known for not trying unless he wants to.
Is he? According to whom? Our most consistent player this year.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
My plan was to sign him, Mark Stone him, and then load up for the playoffs and then "all of a sudden willy is ready for the playoffs".

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Your last defense of Keefe was that due to forward injuries he had to play his "stars".
Ok granted, his hands were somewhat tied there.

Now explain why they led the team in ice time in a meaningless game with the playoffs a couple of days away?

I don't give a flying fig what Cooper did, but I suppose it's one of the regular "what about X" that you love so much.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Your last defense of Keefe was that due to forward injuries he had to play his "stars".

Now explain why they led the team in ice time in a meaningless game with the playoffs a couple of days away?

I don't give a flying fig what Cooper did, but I suppose it's one of the regular "what about X" that you love so much.
70, obviously.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

He played them that much because they are prepping for the playoffs, it isn't like he overplayed anyone...

That game was not 100%, why would he think that playing him 12 or 17 is going to be the difference in an injury?

He played almost 13 mins at ES, he had almost 5 mins on the PP.

This doesn't seem that crazy to me.

What were you hoping for? He had less shifts than Holmberg, Kampf, and Dewar, and one more than Gregor and Robertson..

Reactions: TMLife17

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
good call , especially when u havent golfed in a while the movement on the back can cause pain the next day

prob woke up completely fked
That’s the only logical thing that makes sense. Probably pulled it golfing or maybe just tweaked it getting out of bed. Sucks, hopefully we hear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad