Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
I am wanting the following scenario..trade down from 2 into the 4-6 range and take Buium...trade back up from #20 and 2025 Toronto 1st and multiple 2024 2nds into top 8-12 and take Lindstrom, Iginla, Catton

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
I am wanting the following scenario..trade down from 2 into the 4-6 range and take Buium...trade back up from #20 and 2025 Toronto 1st and multiple 2024 2nds into top 8-12 and take Lindstrom, Iginla, Catton
What haul should we ask for to trade down to 4-6?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Anitger way to look at Demidov :
What is his celing=Mitchell Marner?
Demidov is 5'11 168 lbs according to eluteprospecys .com at 18 years old.

Mitch Marner nowx27 and spec. Is Leafs want to trade hom for again failing inplayoffs (he is not even a poibtca game pkayer in his playoffs cacareer..

Marner is 6'0 180 so bigger than Demidov...Both highly skilled but you can see a fail coming as a playoff guy agaibst bigger NHL pkayers who ramp up physical okay in playoffs.

Now the crazy thing is Hawksxare listed by sone Toronto Dreamers to trade for Marner. Why?
Thexask is allegedly Korchibski +Moore +20th pick in 2024 draft.

Why woukd KD ever be so stupid to do this?
Hawks nowhere near pkayoff contender.. Adding Marner will not help them get there anytime soon.

Why give up assets when if they want a Marner
simply draft Denidov..keep the assets and no cap problem do 4 more seadobs(Denidov 1 year in Russia and then 2 cheap ELC years).

Hawks woukd be stupid to trade for Marner..

More small guysvfor Brdard line .. and even if they ever get to playoffs a disappearing v act.

Besides you know Marner's stats will drop as Hawks cannot get outvof own zone eve with Bedard on shift...happens too often.

Do not pursue such a trade.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Why waste a 2nd overall on Demidov when at #20 you could easily draft a similar ceiling producer of offense?

eg Brock Boeser...drafted 23rd overall 2015
David Pastrana drafted at #25 in hisxdraft.
Artemis Panarin ...never drafted.

There are always star wingers you can get who are not wasting high forstsvon..

But rarely do you get Bog Centers after the early firsts who becone impact and Cup winning cogs..

Barkov ,Towes Draisairl.. early firsts. KOPITAR went a bit later 14th (we took Skikjexwho I raikedxagaibst ...wanting Kopitarvinstead)..butvin any case big game cog 2 way cebters with strength and physicality you goita grab early for top 2 line impact.

You know it...I know it.. KD shoukd know it...Take Lindstrom.. forget BOA monesense...nobody can guarantee the BPA out of this draft ..Maybe Celebrini bit after that it's just a guess that may not pan out..Thus take the unicorn.. That is Lindstrom =tge sixe +skill combo plus physical and nasty ...Plus he isconly goingvto get stronger and more imposing as he maturesvintova man ..By agex23 you getca physically dominant good scoribg 2 way and match up Cenyer.

Essential for a Cup dynasty team..

We cannot be axsmalk pip-squeak team.

You know this.. I know this and KD ought to know this.

Just use your noggin.

And I the Hawksxwarcroom if any of our scouts notbpiibtingvthisvoytvto KD they all should be fired.

We cannot make the mark Kelley go small mistakes again and again.

We havectat in plenty already.

You know it.. I know it.KD should know it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolo

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
See he actually wins things and can play in his own zone.
erie-otters-center-dylan-strome-carries-the-j-ross-robertso.jpeg

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Demidov, Buium and Iginla are the guys that have the 'it' factor in my eyes. Not even really sure how to explain it other than I feel like they're going to figure out the NHL in ways that exceed expectations of when they're draft (maybe moreso meeting expectations for Demidov)

Levshunov seems poised to probably fall short of expectations (tools v toolbox) and Silayev is too big of a wild card to comment on either way and probably too risky to be drafting at 2, tbh. I know ragging on Lev is a bit of a trend right now, but Im another one of those people who was perpetually disappointed everytime I watched him. Like what defining offensive skill does he really have that will allow him to QB an NHL PP? Decent point shot but lateral mobility is meh, passing is uncreative and he just doesn't have the ability to manipulate defenders the way that Buium can

Lindstrom with his ill-defined back issues is off the table for me. If he Celebrini-like talent then I'd consider it but otherwise, again this draft pick is way too important for the organization to be taking a risk like that.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Demidov, Buium and Iginla are the guys that have the 'it' factor in my eyes. Not even really sure how to explain it other than I feel like they're going to figure out the NHL in ways that exceed expectations of when they're draft (maybe moreso meeting expectations for Demidov)
Tij already plays hockey the way an NHLer does. You can see it in the plays he makes, his positioning, puck protection, shot selection, etc.

All those intangible qualities are there.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Levshunov seems poised to probably fall short of expectations (tools v toolbox) and Silayev is too big of a wild card to comment on either way and probably too risky to be drafting at 2, tbh. I know ragging on Lev is a bit of a trend right now, but Im another one of those people who was perpetually disappointed everytime I watched him. Like what defining offensive skill does he really have that will allow him to QB an NHL PP? Decent point shot but lateral mobility is meh, passing is uncreative and he just doesn't have the ability to manipulate defenders the way that Buium can

Lindstrom with his ill-defined back issues is off the table for me. If he Celebrini-like talent then I'd consider it but otherwise, again this draft pick is way too important for the organization to be taking a risk like that.
Buium and Iginla certainly have "it".

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I just don’t know what you guys aren’t seeing in Levshunov’s game.
I can't speak for the other "guys" on the board, but the question is what do I see in Levshunov's game?

On my half-ass board he's behind Demidov and Buium. So I have him at #4 and I would not have a shit fit if the Hawks took him at #2.

The size and skating package is intriguing. He's a strong kid with the ability to get off a quick wrist shot from the point with accuracy and zip. His passing is usually on the money and his strength allows him to pass with little more than a flick of the wrist. He does spend an unusual amount of time down low in the offensive zone and even though it rarely bites him and Michigan State in the ass, I have to wonder how that plays out in the NHL. I believe he could QB a 1st unit PP as he moves well and can anticpate plays even moving to the left side for one timers. So far so good.

It's his play without the puck in his zone that I find questionable. A couple of plays against Michigan stand out. Defenseman Marshall Warren, never to be mistaken for Bobby Orr, came into the MSU zone with some speed down the left side(Levshunov's side). Lev was in good position but decided to make a play on the puck, not the man. Warren made an outside in move and turnstyled Levshunov and an MSU player had to take a penalty. Now every dman gets beat, it's what he does after that counts. Levshunov did nothing and the play ended with a scramble in front of the MSU net. The other play from a different Michigan game involved Frank Nazar III as they both arrived at about the same time at the left-side half wall. Levshunov played it like a guy coming back from an interrupted smoke break. Nazar found his winger on the right side for a Michigan goal.

I've watched at least a half dozen MSU games and parts of others. Too much puck watching and playing the puck and not the man.

If the Hawks do draft Levshunov, he's best served by going back to college for another year and then a full year in Rockford.

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I would like to see KD bait Anaheim into giving up some draft capital to make sure they get Levshunov with the 2nd pick.....then we pounce on Demidov with the 3rd overall.....maybe some kind of swap of 2nds to have 2 of the first 3 in the 2nd round.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I would like to see KD bait Anaheim into giving up some draft capital to make sure they get Levshunov with the 2nd pick.....then we pounce on Demidov with the 3rd overall.....maybe some kind of swap of 2nds to have 2 of the first 3 in the 2nd round.
It would make a TON of sense if we decide Demidov is the guy to lay down a heavy smoke screen that we love Levshunov and see if we could get Anaheim to do exactly this.

Reactions: bwana63

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Iginla seems like a guy where the median outcome is he's a 2nd line guy that puts up 50-60 points, but you get a ceiling that's Tkachuk type player...seems like a low downside high upside pick at 2 relative to some of the defense options, and you need a forward with some edge to him in this lineup, especially that can play with Bedard

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Woukd love it if KD made adding size physicality and nastiness whike not sacrificing skating to the Hawks mox:

#2 Lindstrom
#20YegorxSurin and then packages #34 and #54 to move up to mid 20s to get Stian Solberg ...

Adding this amount of physical violence will change the pansy culture of the Hawks and enable our smaller skilked guys to have more room out there as thebopos cringe in fear...

Hawks need desperately to do sonething strategic as this.
We cannot get pushedxaround so much and never gets pucks from the opps and up to thebo-zone.

We need a balance with our smaller skilked guys and bigger tougher physical nasty guys added to our mox.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Woukd love it if KD made adding size physicality and nastiness whike not sacrificing skating to the Hawks mox:

#2 Lindstrom
#20YegorxSurin and then packages #34 and #54 to move up to mid 20s to get Stian Solberg ...

Adding this amount of physical violence will change the pansy culture of the Hawks and enable our smaller skilked guys to have more room out there as thebopos cringe in fear...

Hawks need desperately to do sonething strategic as this.
We cannot get pushedxaround so much and never gets pucks from the opps and up to thebo-zone.

We need a balance with our smaller skilked guys and bigger tougher physical nasty guys added to our mox.
Are the injury problems a lingering concern with Lindstrom? Being that size and hurt at that age doesn't exactly bode well if it has been a persistent thing as a prospect

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
The player with the highest floor outside of Cellibrini is Iginla

These other kids all have legit bust potential. At four, I would go Iginla. At number 2, gotta think they go highest upside

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Iginla seems like a guy where the median outcome is he's a 2nd line guy that puts up 50-60 points, but you get a ceiling that's Tkachuk type player...seems like a low downside high upside pick at 2 relative to some of the defense options, and you need a forward with some edge to him in this lineup, especially that can play with Bedard
Yup, it's a really solid pick to make.

And I think there's no controversy with Iginla. He's the kind of player everyone here will unanimously love when they watch him play.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The player with the highest floor outside of Cellibrini is Iginla

These other kids all have legit bust potential. At four, I would go Iginla. At number 2, gotta think they go highest upside
they should go with the player that has the highest expected value and that could be Iginla if his floor is super high and his ceiling is only a bit off from the others...theres nothing wrong with a we just got Marchand/Brady Tkachuk type to play with Bedard for the next 10 years if its a super safe bet, they don't HAVE to take the very boom/bust profiles if they want to sacrifice a little bit of theoretical upside to make sure they walk away with a valuable piece at a high rate....they're all ranked top 6ish anyway after Celebrini so the expectation is that they all project similarly

Last edited:

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
If the Hawks mess this pick up and whichever one, demidov or levshunov, far surpasses the other, people should be canned. Especially if not one of Moore, Nazar, or korchinski become top pairing/top line players

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If the Hawks mess this pick up and whichever one, demidov or levshunov, far surpasses the other, people should be canned. Especially if not one of Moore, Nazar, or korchinski become top pairing/top line players
The odds are against Demidov or Levshunov becoming the 2nd best player to come from this draft class.

There are too many prospects here on relatively equal footing.

Obviously there's a problem if Chicago takes someone who's a colossal failure, but if they end up with a guy who in 5+ years is the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best player from the class, I think you can cut them some slack. There isn't a glaringly obvious pick to make here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad