Which team has a better chance of winning the cup in the next five seasons (2025-2030): Vancouver or Ottawa?

Which team has a better chance of winning the cup in the next five years?

• Ottawa Senators

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Vancouver Canucks

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • Don't Know/Too Close

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Due to the sheer fact that Canucks are currently two wins away from making the WCF, it's obviously them. Who knows if this was an one-off year or if they will be a succesful team in the future, but I don't see any reason to think Ottawa will be better going forward either.

I mean will anybody be surprised if Ottawa doesn't even make playoffs in the next few years?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Ottawa doesn't seem capable of getting past the first few stages of their rebuild and becoming a playoff team.

I don't think Vancouver is a serious Cup contender either going forward though. They'll probably lose to Edmonton but definitely lose in the WCF if they do make it past the Oilers. I think in the old 1-8 format the Nucks would've lost to the Avs in 5 in the first round.

So technically Vancouver is closer than Ottawa but I'd put both of their chances at winning pretty low

Reactions: wetcoast

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver. Even if they lose this round at least they are at the point where the can identify what tweaks are needed to make the conference finals and or stanley cup finals.

Ottawa is still tinkering with figuring out how to get into the playoffs.

Then through the whole 5 year timeline. While I don't think that the Nucks will win in the next 5 years, I don't really think Ottawa is even making the cup final in 5 years.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How is it not Vancouver?

I'm curious to read why you think this would be a reasonable poll.

Vancouver isn't exactly ancient and they are well-ahead of Ottawa as far as competitiveness is concerned and overall depth at all positions.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Canucks have the two best centers, the best D (arguably in the league), the two best goalies

Ottawa doesn't seem capable of getting past the first few stages of their rebuild and becoming a playoff team.

I don't think Vancouver is a serious Cup contender either going forward though. They'll probably lose to Edmonton but definitely lose in the WCF if they do make it past the Oilers. I think in the old 1-8 format the Nucks would've lost to the Avs in 5 in the first round.

So technically Vancouver is closer than Ottawa but I'd put both of their chances at winning pretty low

Canucks would have played LA in 1-8, as they won their division, and even if you ignore that, they would have still played Nashville as they were behind the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad