Buffalo Bills Week 8: Bills (5-1) v. Packers (3-4), Sun. @ 8:20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
I'm not too familiar with Hines, but have read he's is a pass catching 3rd down back (close to McKissac), anyone else ?

Also looks like it was the final league deal right at the deadline.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
They wanted McCaffrey…didn’t get him. They wanted Kamara…couldn’t get him. Settle for what’s left.

This follows wanting Edmunds…couldn’t get him. Thought they had Mckissic….didn’t. Used a draft pick on one.

Not Hall or Walker who look dynamic…what was left. Again.

For a team that acts this desperate at the position they sure settle for third place so goddamned always.

But Moss is gone and I’d have paid the draft pick to never see him get another carry so the trade itself is fine.

RB is not a premium position in our offense.....or really in the NFL anymore. Look at the top 10 RBs in terms of rushing. Only 3 of them are on teams that are leading their division.

A premium RB does nothing in this offense anyways, given how poor our run blocking is.

The front office gives RB the exact value they deem -- negligible.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
They wanted McCaffrey…didn’t get him. They wanted Kamara…couldn’t get him. Settle for what’s left.

This follows wanting Edmunds…couldn’t get him. Thought they had Mckissic….didn’t. Used a draft pick on one.

Not Hall or Walker who look dynamic…what was left. Again.

For a team that acts this desperate at the position they sure settle for third place so goddamned always.

But Moss is gone and I’d have paid the draft pick to never see him get another carry so the trade itself is fine.

You just concocted a narrative with no evidence and then got annoyed at it!

Yea, super “desperate.” That’s totally what someone would think of this

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
But the short yardage role is still open. Josh Allen can't be the 3rd and 2 running back.

Why can't Allen be the 3rd and 2 back? Besides, why would we be running on 3rd and 2 with any regularity? We are a passing team, period. Josh Allen is our best player.

You give him the ball in LITERALLY EVERY important down.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Very few people think we need a power back. Including the bills. It’s extremely clear that’s not what they want out of the RB position

The only time you want a power back is for short yardage situations. But anytime it’s a 3rd and one or 4th and one in an important game, the ball needs to be in Allen’s hands 100% percent of the time. I don’t know how any could possibly think giving the ball to a RB would be a better idea
Giving the ball to Allen in short yardage is going to come back to haunt the Bills. He's great at it, but he's also the franchise. He gets hurt, and the Bills aren't going anywhere.

No one plays their defense to stop the Bills running. It's all geared to stop the pass. Defensive coordinators are smarter than Allen and the receivers are good. There's lot of film out there now on Dorsey's offense. Someone is going to figure it out.

3rd and 2, and the Bills have one option: Allen. Defenses are going to know this and they will stop it eventually. Cross your fingers that it's not a playoff situation where it's the key play of the game.

Bookmark this post.

Why can't Allen be the 3rd and 2 back? Besides, why would we be running on 3rd and 2 with any regularity? We are a passing team, period. Josh Allen is our best player.

You give him the ball in LITERALLY EVERY important down.
Read above

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hines can fly. Colts fans are pissed they moved him. He was a fan favorite for a reason.

Beane wasn’t going to move a 1st or 2nd this deadline. The team lost faith in Moss. If Motor goes down that would leave Cook as our 1RB. As much as I like what we’ve seen from him, I don’t think he’s ready to be a 3 down back.

Great trade. Would have liked to see some help at Safety+OL, but we’re a better team now than we were yesterday.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Giving the ball to Allen in short yardage is going to come back to haunt the Bills. He's great at it, but he's also the franchise. He gets hurt, and the Bills aren't going anywhere.

No one plays their defense to stop the Bills running. It's all geared to stop the pass. Defensive coordinators are smarter than Allen and the receivers are good. There's lot of film out there now on Dorsey's offense. Someone is going to figure it out.

3rd and 2, and the Bills have one option: Allen. Defenses are going to know this and they will stop it eventually. Cross your fingers that it's not a playoff situation where it's the key play of the game.

Bookmark this post.

so in 3rd and one or 4th and one in the playoffs, you want to take the ball out of Allen’s hands?

Agree to disagree, but that is wild to me. And I dont have to bookmark this post. Go look at the playoffs last year and see the bill’s success rate on key conversions when the ball was put in Allen’s hands compared for when it was handed off. The ball should go to your best player in key conversions, period

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
so in 3rd and one or 4th and one in the playoffs, you want to take the ball out of Allen’s hands?

Agree to disagree, but that is wild to me. And I do t have to bookmark this post. Go look at the playoffs last year and see the bill’s success rate on key conversions when the ball was put in Allen’s hands compared for when it was handed off

Not to mention the fact that I don't trust our O-line to block for a traditional one-gap power back. Not at all. Our O-line absolutely blows at power blocking. Time and again we've shown that we run best outside when our guards can get on the move.

We're not a power team.....let's not magically try to morph into one with the Super Bowl on the line.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Not to mention the fact that I don't trust our O-line to block for a traditional one-gap power back. Not at all. Our O-line absolutely blows at power blocking. Time and again we've shown that we run best outside when our guards can get on the move.

We're not a power team.....let's not magically try to morph into one with the Super Bowl on the line.

Yea the idea of acquiring a power RB and then using one in key downs is just…bizarre. It’s tied to the old idea of power backs that just doesnt gel with modern offenses with franchise QBs.

Regardless, since Allen has become elite, the bills have made it clear they have interest in using a power back for short yardage gains. So it’s all a moot point

Reactions: Zman5778

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Nice! Love the trade for marlowe. Much needed safety depth.

Like the Hines trade too. Nice upgrade on Moss for a 6th. He makes the offense even more versatile. Going to be tough to spy Josh Allen with Hines on the field.

Hines will be our new punt returner too.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
09DEEDD2-1E8A-4148-9348-1EC8BC54D39F.png

2336E49C-597E-450A-9D49-DA5DCD782681.png

Lol…. Kinda feel bad for them right now.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
still wish they got McCaffrey he doesn't need to run the ball to be effective.

Not for one season of play, which is probably what happens with CMC here, and giving up prime draft picks (see future Starters for the Bills) to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad