Value of: Trevor Zegras this offseason

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Not going to get a better offer that 5oa I don't think
Then the Ducks keep zegras. We have zero need for that pick. Our gm has said it’s time to stop being sellers and start competing. Losing our best offensive forward for a mystery box isn’t how you do that.

Can we ban zegras to Montreal trades already? Habs don’t have the right available assets for Zegras.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Then the Ducks keep zegras. We have zero need for that pick. Our gm has said it’s time to stop being sellers and start competing. Losing our best offensive forward for a mystery box isn’t how you do that.

Can we ban zegras to Montreal trades already? Habs don’t have the right available assets for Zegras.
I stand by what I said.

You don't decide if Zegras is traded or not. But if he is you're likely not going to beat the value of 5th OA.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
What an OMEGA garbage thread. "It's only a few MTL fans that are like this", then same guy IS EXACTLY like the fans he wouldn't own. f***ing Newhook, gimme a break.

Ducks don't care what Newhook is OR WILL BE in your mind. He is not someone who even comes up as a trade possibility.

Wait I just said "Ducks". Waiting for the YOU'RE NOT THE GM, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT comment.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I stand by what I said.

You don't decide if Zegras is traded or not. But if he is you're likely not going to beat the value of 5th OA.
You don’t decide what zegras is traded for or what Montreal offers…. But if he is moved it’s prob going to get us Reinbacher + 5th overall

Again I don’t think he’ll be moved, but If he is it’ll be something we couldn’t pass up.

5th overall, when we already have a top 5 pick is pretty weak in value for us

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Would an Ehlers for Zegras straight up be a good trade? Think both players just need a change of scenery.
Ignoring the 5 year age gap in the wrong direction and only 2 years of team control, and the higher AAV contract, Zegras has out scores Ehlers in 2 out of 3 seasons since coming into the league, is much more marketable, plays C, and has already beaten Ehlers career high in points (which he set 7 years ago). Zegras would only be moved for a young top pair (or potential top pair) RHD. Not for an (at best) half decade older side grade. Zegras does not need a change of scenery, he just had an injury riddled season after putting up 2 seasons that would be Ehlers two best.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
I knew Ehlers was older, but he is still a pretty fast player which could benefit Anaheim (not like they would be getting someone who coasts), also would be a bit of a veteran presence for the team.

Zegras would be an instant superstar on the Jets just for the name alone, as it seems to be a little harder for them to attract superstars from other teams, instead of them making their own superstars through the draft or farm team.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Not saying that Zegras wants or needs to be traded but if the Ducks land Celebrini, then perhaps the CBJ would be the team to talk to.
I've read that Jiricek seems unhappy with how he's been utilized. He seems a good fit as to whether Ducks are looking for.

Reactions: Kalv

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I knew Ehlers was older, but he is still a pretty fast player which could benefit Anaheim (not like they would be getting someone who coasts), also would be a bit of a veteran presence for the team.

Zegras would be an instant superstar on the Jets just for the name alone, as it seems to be a little harder for them to attract superstars from other teams, instead of them making their own superstars through the draft or farm team.
I mean me personally as a ducks fan would rather have the supposed instant superstar over the pretty fast player

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Would possibly a Ehlers and Heinola for Zegras be a bit better as Heinola seems like he will turn into a decent defenseman when he finally gets a true shot in the NHL, instead of being stuck in the AHL year after year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I mean me personally as a ducks fan would rather have the supposed instant superstar over the pretty fast player
He can be as fast as McDavid, but he has 4 goals, 14 points, in 37 playoff games. It's very oposite from Pat wants – players that know how to win and can deliver. No offense to Ehlers, but that would be a very different trade to discuss, not in this thread.

My daughter wanted me to explain what satire is, so I linked her this thread.
This thread is a bit like a zoo. You feel sorry for those in it. But then you catch yourself watching at it for your entertainment and you start to feel sorry for them meanwhile getting upset of your life choices, participating in it.

Reactions: Trojans86

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He can be as fast as McDavid, but he has 4 goals, 14 points, in 37 playoff games. It's very oposite from Pat wants – players that know how to win and can deliver. No offense to Ehlers, but that would be a very different trade to discuss, not in this thread.

This thread is a bit like a zoo. You feel sorry for those in it. But then you catch yourself watching at it for your entertainment and you start to feel sorry for them meanwhile getting upset of your life choices, participating in it.
Yea but zegras is awful in playoffs
He’s got literally 0 career points

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would possibly a Ehlers and Heinola for Zegras be a bit better as Heinola seems like he will turn into a decent defenseman when he finally gets a true shot in the NHL, instead of being stuck in the AHL year after year.
Respectfully idk that trade makes a ton of sense for Anaheim…. And I like ehlers. Overall I just don’t think zegras is realistically in play and would take a no brainer offer to pry him from Anaheim.

Even with Heinola, LHD we’re pretty loaded on and he’s just be stuck on AHL here too.

These threads are why it sucks we did a 3 year deal

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I stand by what I said.

Imo the Ducks would be ecstatic to get 5OA for Zegras. I doubt the Habs would offer that much though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad