HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
All of these proposals to acquire additional top five picks are unrealistic, but I guess people are bored now.

Try inverting the process: what would you want from another team to trade the 5th overall away? What if they packaged a late 1st and a potential 3rd pairing D?

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Rumors are Necas will not be resigned as a RFA.

That’s the move. WPG 1st + CGy 1st?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
From what I read here iginla is a good player and top six material. Not good enough at 5. Take a guaranteed top 2 d man instead.

Where are you reading it and what do you trust? There is no way anybody knows this so it comes down to what you believe. I'd go watch some video on Iggy. What about 3 or 4 different ones. You will see what I and others see. I don't know about you but I rather watch video and come up with my own opinion vs just reading comments.

Don't underestimate how hot Iggy is trending and also being one of the youngest in this draft. Remember, the goal here is who has the best D+1 and D+2. It's not about who they are today, it's about who they will become. Most of the top players in the NHL make their gains in development from age 18-20+.

Did you believe Slaf was a top line asset on draft day and in his D+1? Pretty sure many had doubts about that. Even Bob said it... most project into a 2nd tier talent with the chance some of them reach top line. We took Slaf who is on a rocket development upwards. So yeah, My search is the guy I think makes the most gains from age 18-20. I'm going with Iggy on this. It's extremely difficult to nit pick and find his flaws.

This is what Bob M said: Where is the good top 6 material comment in this? It's kind of vague. One thing that Bob did say though is the 2-10+ is all over the map.

The son of former NHL star Jarome Iginla has had a meteoric rise from No. 16 at mid-season to No. 10 now and is coming off a particularly strong performance for gold-medal winning Canada at the U-18 World Championship.

Last edited:
Reactions: bsl

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
1715964186458.png

Attachments

• 1715964186736.png
    1715964186736.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If they're not good enough for the Hurricanes ...
Hurricanes can't afford to keep everyone.

Necas has been an obvious target for a while now.

I also love the discourse that he was disappointing in the playoffs. Same goals and assists as Guentzel who everybody was fawning over.
yeah, weird narrative...thought he was excellent in the game last night but for some reason (which I think we all know why), he gets the perimeter/soft player label.

Meh, i'd take him on the Habs any day, think he'd fit perfectly.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Necas has been an obvious target for a while now.

I also love the discourse that he was disappointing in the playoffs. Same goals and assists as Guentzel who everybody was fawning over.
I watched pretty much every Canes game in the playoffs and I thought Necas played great. He's a bit streaky, but a lot of offensive guys are. I would love to add him and his speed on the Habs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No one is taking caulfeld for demidov.

From what I read here iginla is a good player and top six material. Not good enough at 5. Take a guaranteed top 2 d man instead.
I don’t know that anything is ever guaranteed when it comes to prospects.

Like one of our colorful media types used to say, they’re all suspects.

Just go BPA whatever position the player happens to play (and hope their internal rankings are solid) and our now well oiled development machine will take care of the rest.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I watched pretty much every Canes game in the playoffs and I thought Necas played great. He's a bit streaky, but a lot of offensive guys are. I would love to add him and his speed on the Habs.
He was very good way more than when he was off.
This kid has it all..................would love to see something happen there, that brings him to Montreal.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Pesce would be the perfect player to sign as a UFA to play on a pairing with Hutson. Good size, defensively responsible, excellent skater, moves the puck well, covers a lot of ice.

He will command a lot of money and term, but I wouldn’t be opposed to signing him. Would allow us to move Savard at the deadline, and still have a veteran presence while one of Mailloux/Reinbacher make the jump and graduate.

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Pesce
Xhekaj - Savard
Struble

At that point (the end of the 24-25 season) you have to make a decision on to where Matheson fits in the organization. I think he will probably be traded as we have a ton of young (and cheaper) guys in the pipeline and he’ll be an upcoming UFA.

I could see it being (in 25-26)

Guhle - Reinbacher
Hutson - Pesce
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Reactions: Kosseca

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
What about Nikolaj Ehlers ?

I think I would prefer him then Necas
Talented but...
Smallish.
Often injured.
Disappears in the playoffs.
6M contract.
Only one year before becoming UFA.

Not sure that's the profile that the Habs are looking for.
Reminds me of Drouin a bit.

I think there will be better options out there.
Maybe as a stop gap if he comes very cheap.

Reactions: Vachon23

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Rumors are Necas will not be resigned as a RFA.

That’s the move. WPG 1st + CGy 1st?

I'd like to see where he said that, as that's not the intention I got from 32 thoughts.

He talked about how Carolina tried to extend Pesce last year, somewhere around 5 x 5. I believe it was Pesce(Maybe Skjei) the Canes approached for a short-term, high cap hit deal like Orlov's.

He further put that he believed those two weren't in the top 3 of the priority. If I remember, 1st was extending Slavin, next was Jarvis and the 3rd was something else. It wasn't even signing Guentzel.

Go to around the 30:00 minute mark for Friedman talking about the Canes offseason which leads to the KK talk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad