Confirmed with Link: Stars sign F Craig Smith (1-year, $1m)

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Yeah, it's a body we can bury in minors with no cap penalty if he doesn't perform. This is fine...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Thought about this signing more and have let it settle in. I'd suspect he will have no issue scoring more goals than Kiviranta or Glendening did. Smith has a very good shot/good finishing ability for a 4th liner. Also seems this past season was his first truly bad season of his career outside of his sophomore year in the NHL it seems. Scoring 9 goals in a bad year is still better than the 4th line depth we had. Solid signing

I liked Nill's comments about this and the Steel signing in the video from the other thread. Basically saying he wants 4th liners who can actually score and possess the puck instead of the usual guys we have had in the past. Good to see and definitely a much needed change

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
Thought about this signing more and have let it settle in. I'd suspect he will have no issue scoring more goals than Kiviranta or Glendening did. Smith has a very good shot/good finishing ability for a 4th liner. Also seems this past season was his first truly bad season of his career outside of his sophomore year in the NHL it seems. Scoring 9 goals in a bad year is still better than the 4th line depth we had. Solid signing

I liked Nill's comments about this and the Steel signing in the video from the other thread. Basically saying he wants 4th liners who can actually score and possess the puck instead of the usual guys we have had in the past. Good to see and definitely a much needed change
100% - love the adds for the 4th line. I think Smith (and Steel) could have a sneaky good season with 10+ goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad