Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
This guy is a moron, why the f did he play Nylander the last couple games after we clinched the playoffs. His brain is mush.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Other organizations like stlouis fire cup winning coaches if results fade, leafs double triple and quadruple down on a rookie coach that won 1 fluky series ,im done watching anything leafs related until shanahan and keefe and marner are gone and that’s the absolute minimum

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
That's where your wrong.... Sammy and his mental issue was the route for this loss. 2 weak goals after the team took the lead he got rattled . Nervous all night and it showed... How many times did he lose his stick for know reason?... How many juicy rebounds he gave up all night. U can't win in this competitive leage with margin of error being so thin with mentally challeged goalies. Leafs don't lose with Jones in net let alone Woll. the Mistake is sticking with mentally challeged goalies and praiseing them for fighting through it like it's some type of good thing for the team. That's not a position for the mentally challeged, it impacts the whole team in front and it showed. All 4 losses fall on goaltending just like the previous sereis.

The only reason why it was low scoring game because of how well the team competed defensively. There goaltending let them down when the other guy on Boston wasn't giving up the softies.

Switch the goaltending and the Leafs sweep Boston.

To let manny know the type of goaltending the Leafs got this year they shouldn't have even made the playoffs. They overcame that huge whole. Over came the huge whole down 3-1 only to lose the guy that was going to get them over the hump with 0.1 seconds.

Keith is more than likely to get fired which really I don't know if any replacement can do any better. Show me a good goalie and I'll show u a good coach.

Shanahan showld be let go though... He's shown zero Leadrship over these years. Many times over the years he had opportunties to speak out, take the fine on the bogus calls. the only time u herd of him was to ctritize rather it was his GM or players to re-sign theres next to zero public support from him. Fire his ass..
A good post. I'll just suggest that along with better goaltending, I believe that scoring is something you have to do to win in the playoffs. What I see below isn't acceptable. McDavid and Draisaitl have combined for 22 points in 5 games. Our top 8 reached 27 points scored in 7 games. I know injuries affect outcomes, PPs too, coaching you can say is a third reason, but going back to last year against Florida I don't know how anyone can say this production rate wins hockey games. If your best players are not the best players on the ice, if they are not your most productive players, outscoring the oppositions' best players, it's awfully hard to win a series. A game yes, a series no. To my way of thinking, this is unacceptable.

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 13.34.11.png

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
This is a real quote. This is pure loser crap. Like, fire him tonight.

I saw that quote and I told my buddy it was a doctored video. I could not believe that was actually said.
He is saying that other team's strategy against the Leafs is that they aren't coached well enough to play good hockey.
This is a fireable offense in and of itself. Shocking quote. This is barstool talk about a team you want the coach fired from.

This is a quote from a coach who knows they are fired.

I don't think he's a terrible coach, the issue with the team is roster construction. But at a certain point you have to change the voice in the room and the time is now.
I think he is a terrible coach. If you can fog glass you can get this team to the playoffs. It takes a well coached team to go the distance from there.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This is the dumbest post... not a single line had good stats tonight... but sure it will get some likes from the uneducated.

Lou and Babs?

They have studied this. The best guidance after a goal is to go after a second goal with your top players. Not put a 4th line against their motivated best.

Its actually stupid person shit that we laughed at I think Ron Wilson or Carlyle about. Either way hilarious

Take Treliving too while you're at it

Why? Shanny kept Keefe on not BT. Remember the Shanny pledge to keep the band together after Dubas got canned?

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
I don’t know if people talked about this already, but supposedly Babcock contacted Montgomery to give him tips on how to stop the Maple leafs PowerPlay. What a douche.

• Wow
Reactions: saffronleaf
Sep 18, 2009
They have studied this. The best guidance after a goal is to go after a second goal with your top players. Not put a 4th line against their motivated best.

Its actually stupid person shit that we laughed at I think Ron Wilson or Carlyle about. Either way hilarious

Why? Shanny kept Keefe on not BT. Remember the Shanny pledge to keep the band together after Dubas got canned?
4th line keefe wow

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

If you're gonna clean house, clean it up. Don't leave the stain from the last guy there. First thing Treliving said is that Keefe is a fantastic coach and he'll be staying. He's part of the problem.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This is Keefe admitting defeat.
He's admitting he's unable to
But Keefe being dumb doesn't get that his words make the next GM who hires him look like the next most stupid GM. Knowing how dumb he is, and now hiring him is risky.

More hilarity

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Who is the latest 3.5GPA graduate from the Brock School of Sports Management?

Apparently these people are qualified to run the Leafs.

Kidding.

We need professionals for this team.

I think we should bring in a woman with experience in high level marketing to run it. I also think she should have a female counterpart who specializes in accounting.

I am pretty confident it would be an improvement....

• Haha
Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad