Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Johnson - Walker

Georgiev

O9f9cga.png

Last edited:

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Why did this series not start on Wednesday and the oilers and canucks series start today?

Either way hope we can slow down their top guys. I hope four-giev keeps up his awful play.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Any update on Hakanpaa? Other than he is out today. Would love for him to come back. I would like to hear that conversation on the Avs board. Seems like they are hoping and praying Dallas D core runs out of gas by using 5 defenders as their way to beat Dallas.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Any update on Hakanpaa? Other than he is out today. Would love for him to come back. I would like to hear that conversation on the Avs board. Seems like they are hoping and praying Dallas D core runs out of gas by using 5 defenders as their way to beat Dallas.
I heard he’s still pretty big

Reactions: Johno and roryjones

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Not sure the team that plays Mack and Rantanen 20-22 should be worried about defenders playing 22-28.

Reactions: roryjones

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
DeBoer said today that he and Marchment may be available to play later in the series and the Marchment is a little ahead of him right now.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm going to go out on a limb and say not letting the Avalanche powerplay operate at nearly 40% efficiency will be a key to winning.
Regular season large sample numbers give the Stars the special teams advantage. Equivalent PPs, Stars have the better PK, and the Stars take fewer penalties.

Playoffs change things. Unless a team is extremely stupid (like the Wild last season), the refs love to hand out equal numbers of PPs. Also, a team getting a hot PP can swing a series and even have it carry them on a playoff run. The Avs may have run a hot PP in the first round, but I bet the Stars PK is better equipped to deal with it.

Reactions: LT

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
brilliant marketing. really makes sure young kids can see the best part of the game and grow up big fans of the sport.
This is the exact scenario I'm running into with my kid. Hell, I've had a ton of casual sport fan neighbors all mention they wish they could watch these games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad