Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
He’s not wrong, pasta looks over cooked
yup. im all for giving a guy his flours but if they lose he'll have egg on his face, guy is just getting rolled...

yup. im all for giving a guy his flours but if they lose he'll have egg on his face, guy is just getting rolled...
in the playoffs what it boils down to is: are you too stiff? are you soft and rubbery? or are you fighting to the tooth?

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

noncents

Feb 25, 2022

in the playoffs what it boils down to is: are you too stiff? are you soft and rubbery? or are you fighting to the tooth?
and i know the guy has gotta be drained, i know some of the starch is out of him.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Some of the takes on here are ridiculous. The Rangers have arguably the best 1-6 D in the entire league and, definitely, the best 1-8.
Which part of the take was ridiculous, the part where I suggested they get rid of the two guys that stink? Or the part where I suggested they get the guy who’s good?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I don't get it. Replacing like for like. I mean aren't Lindgren and Trouba considered EHLers to some... :sarcasm:
Lindgren should get a four year deal this offseason. He'll miss some time and allow Mancini to get some looks over the next two seasons.

Role with the same D for next year and Jones will replace Gus due to cap (unless Gus takes a discount for stability with his #1 fan Laviolette). Sign a 7th with good analytics.

By year three of the Lindgren deal, if Mancini/Fortescue/this year's first rounder are ready, the Rangers can recoup some assets and keep the competitive window open.

Reactions: leetch99

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lindgren should get a four year deal this offseason. He'll miss some time and allow Mancini to get some looks over the next two seasons.

Role with the same D for next year and Jones will replace Gus due to cap (unless Gus takes a discount for stability with his #1 fan Laviolette). Sign a 7th with good analytics.

By year three of the Lindgren deal, if Mancini/Fortescue/this year's first rounder are ready, the Rangers can recoup some assets and keep the competitive window open.
sorry imo should have already moved Lindy
his value is less and less w/greater wear + tear

Lindy + Robertson
to
AZ/UT for two 2nds + a 3rd

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Lindgren had a bad season, worst of his career, but better since return from injury. Don’t think he’s playing particular bad in the playoffs either.
Trouba is noticeably a step slower. Silver lining that Lavi moved Schneider up and kept him there. Troubas injury is certainly affecting him still, hopefully the rest serves him well.
I still think he’s on the menu to be traded this offseason, or next at the latest.
Highly doubt he finishes the entirety of that contract here.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lindgren had a bad season, worst of his career, but better since return from injury. Don’t think he’s playing particular bad in the playoffs either.
Trouba is noticeably a step slower. Silver lining that Lavi moved Schneider up and kept him there. Troubas injury is certainly affecting him still, hopefully the rest serves him well.
I still think he’s on the menu to be traded this offseason, or next at the latest.
Highly doubt he finishes the entirety of that contract here.

He had a bad 1st round.

Game 1 was good
Game 2 was very bad
Game 3 was less bad
Game 4 was worse than game 2.

Post injury Lindgren was a mixed bag but was more commonly the worst d-man on the ice for the Rangers than not. He has mixed in some legitimately strong games since the ASB though but they've been rare.

It's really hard to carry them both with Lindgren playing this way. If he were Lindgren of previous years we'd be fine but he's arguably been worse than Trouba this year and theres no where to really stash him unless you move Trouba up and no one really wants to see that (nor do I want to see a 3rd pair of Lindgren-Trouba.)

I'd like to be free of both guys but he's the easier move. No brainer for me this off season.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
off topic, but I was looking back at the 2018 draft and how badly we whiffed on Kravtsov,

made me check out Deniskenko and he's been a big bust as well. I remember around 2019 or 2020 or so Craig Button had those 2 guys as his top 2 drafted prospects in the entire NHL lol. I think Cody Glass was up there as well.

I also remember hearing how the Piles totally won that draft, and it was soooo good that it would convince Pajama boy to sign an extension. They hit with Dobson at least, but Wahlstrom is looking like a bust, and remember "steal of the draft" Bode Wilde? Dude can barely hack it in the Slovak League.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
off topic, but I was looking back at the 2018 draft and how badly we whiffed on Kravtsov,

made me check out Deniskenko and he's been a big bust as well. I remember around 2019 or 2020 or so Craig Button had those 2 guys as his top 2 drafted prospects in the entire NHL lol. I think Cody Glass was up there as well.

I also remember hearing how the Piles totally won that draft, and it was soooo good that it would convince Pajama boy to sign an extension. They hit with Dobson at least, but Wahlstrom is looking like a bust, and remember "steal of the draft" Bode Wilde? Dude can barely hack it in the Slovak League.
In hindsight, Bouchard or Dobson should have been the pick. I know those two were talked about in terms of who to draft.

Reactions: mas0764

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad