Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Is Wheeler better than Roslovic? I’m not sure he is, or that swapping him in now is worth the risk of changing chemistry in the lineup.

Not sure where else he would play. Unless you sit Kakko. Is that the most likely spot for Wheeler?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is Wheeler better than Roslovic? I’m not sure he is, or that swapping him in now is worth the risk of changing chemistry in the lineup.

Not sure where else he would play. Unless you sit Kakko. Is that the most likely spot for Wheeler?
Would think about the Vesey spot. Don’t care about the PK’ing; he has been terrible for months

Reactions: Rongomania

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

I feel like if you don't play Roslovic on the 1st line (his play has been awful IMO) you don't play him anywhere. He doesn't fit in the lineup anywhere else.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I feel like if you don't play Roslovic on the 1st line (his play has been awful IMO) you don't play him anywhere. He doesn't fit in the lineup anywhere else.
Awful?that's certainly a take.Without him last game,we don't come back to beat the Canes.He and Mika had some great plays on Kreiders goals.The hate this guy gets is unreal

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Awful?that's certainly a take.Without him last game,we don't come back to beat the Canes.He and Mika had some great plays on Kreiders goals.The hate this guy gets is unreal
I mean he can skate fast in a straight line but he can’t do anything else. But that’s kind of what they need him to do. Him and Wennberg kind of both one trick ponies. I hope neither are brought back but glad they are filling roles at the moment I guess

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Hard to really brand Roslovic as awful.

He was huge in game 1, one of our best skaters in game 2 and then in the middle of 2 of the 3 Kreider goals in game 6 vs Carolina.

Is he flawed? Yeah 100%.

Has he made a positive impact on this run so far? Also yes. Way more positive than bad.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

The most likely guy to come out if they put both Chytil and Wheeler in is Cuylle. He and Kakko are the only two forwards who have no special teams role. Cuylle is the one who has been demoted to L4 with Chytil back and last time that happened he got 6 minutes. He's not used in late game situations to defend leads. Kakko is also better. Cuylle's play has been fine but he has also provided no offense. He has 3 points in the last 3 months.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Roslovic may be pretty one dimensional, but his one dimension (carrying the puck through the neutral zone with speed and thus being able to break a trap) is infinitely more valuable to this team than someone like Frank Vatrano whose only dimension was shooting the puck.

One is a player this roster’s lacked for years, the other a player Rangers fans have way fonder memories of than I do and were willing to give up a 1st (!) round pick for.

Reactions: NYR Viper

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hard to really brand Roslovic as awful.

He was huge in game 1, one of our best skaters in game 2 and then in the middle of 2 of the 3 Kreider goals in game 6 vs Carolina.

Is he flawed? Yeah 100%.

Has he made a positive impact on this run so far? Also yes. Way more positive than bad.
He's another Frank Vatrano.

80% of the time I'm like "what the f*** is this thing?"

But he creates goals.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
He's another Frank Vatrano.

80% of the time I'm like "what the f*** is this thing?"

But he creates goals.
I agree with the general comparison but Roslovic has been much better. Vatrano wired one top cheddar every 5th game and that was it. But he seemed like a great guy and buzzed around the ice like crazy so everyone loved him.

Reactions: Machinehead

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Roslovic may be pretty one dimensional, but his one dimension (carrying the puck through the neutral zone with speed and thus being able to break a trap) is infinitely more valuable to this team than someone like Frank Vatrano whose only dimension was shooting the puck.

One is a player this roster’s lacked for years, the other a player Rangers fans have way fonder memories of than I do and were willing to give up a 1st (!) round pick for.
Sure but that’s a dimension chytil also provides.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I agree with the general comparison but Roslovic has been much better. Vatrano wired one top cheddar every 5th game and that was it. But he seemed like a great guy and buzzed around the ice like crazy so everyone loved him.

The Panthers are more likely to bring out the "bad" side of Roslovic, the bad turnovers etc. as I don't think he'll have the same time and space in this series. But that remains to be seen of course.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’d prefer to have as much of that dimension on the roster as possible knowing the team’s struggles with it in the past, but that’s just me.
Yeah, this is not a team that's in a position to say "we have enough scoring" or "we have enough puck movement."

The more, the better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad