HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I hate that I’ve grown distaste for Gallagher over the past 3 years because of his contract. Threw years where this team was boring and frustrating to watch, he brought his own entertainment value. I’m hoping when he retires, I can go back to appreciating him the way I did in the 2010’s.

Yeah, it's not his fault. And he always had tons of heart. There's always players we kinda hate just because of circumstances. I mean, Desharnais was a pretty good guy and not a bad player for a few years. If he wasn't our no. 1 center and another smurf on a team full of smurfs, he would never have been so depised. Same with Mathieu Darche. Jacques Martin kept giving him lots of ice time and people got sick of it. But as a player Darche was a really hard-worker.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I had the Leafs written off after game four.

Now I actually think they’re going to win this series.

Yeah, it's not looking good for Boston. Aside from the first game, I don't think they were clearly the better team in their other two wins. But Toronto embarrassed them tonight. They looked good. Bruins have to be better than what we've seen so far.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
2 games tomorrow night:

Canucks @ Preds, 7 pm
Dallas @ VGK, 10 pm

Game 7 between Leafs & Bruins is Saturday at 8 pm.
Why are leafs playing at 8 again, yet the nucks are playing at 7... Wtf is making these schedules. I know the whole cheer for the teams you hate garbage but these hours seem pretty strange given the early game for Vancouver would be during work hours for many.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If the bruins do collapse it should rightly cement marchand as a product of bergeron and a poor captain. How people can think this guy is a Hall of famer is surprising. His numbers are okay, he has 1 100pt season, 1 cup, but no individual awards, was never the main reason his team won, was an average player for a big chunk of his career and now it's looking like some more memorable chokes on his resume addition to the many others he was involved in (cup vs hawks, flyers reverse sweep,last year).

He's certainly going to be a guy people remember but he belongs in the Hall of very good barring something crazy.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I've seen the attempted 3-1 comeback many times and as bad as Boston has looked - I still think they take game 7 based on general stat history.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
How long have habs fans been wanting this player. I remember people discussing this 20 years ago online. You'd have thought by now we could have found one.
Suzuki is tied 26th in regular season scoring for forwards although among those he's tied with he'd be 28th when accounting for games played. Counting centres, and I included Sam Reinheart because it said so, he'd be 15th.

You don't even need to wait for Slaf or his defence to fully develop, Suzuki is and will soon be properly acknowledged as a top player.

Edit: The official NHL website also has Guentzel listed as the 15th center ahead of Suzuki but that was even sillier than Reinhart.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Back-to-back years of not being able to close out a 3-1 series lead? Yeah, Montgomery is probably toast if they don't win G7.

OTOH, if Leafs lose game 7, no one is going to care how well they played in G5 & G6. It's just one more round one loss in the books. Keefe is definitely gone. Jobs are on the line on Saturday for sure.

Leafs are faster and more talented. Unless they come out & play like they did in G4, I expect them to win.
Don't have to look much further than game 2 if they lose.
Not dressing Swayman was a stroke of genius.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
If the bruins do collapse it should rightly cement marchand as a product of bergeron and a poor captain. How people can think this guy is a Hall of famer is surprising. His numbers are okay, he has 1 100pt season, 1 cup, but no individual awards, was never the main reason his team won, was an average player for a big chunk of his career and now it's looking like some more memorable chokes on his resume addition to the many others he was involved in (cup vs hawks, flyers reverse sweep,last year).

He's certainly going to be a guy people remember but he belongs in the Hall of very good barring something crazy.
Well Bruin Cam Neely is in the hof 🤪 anything is possible.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I was expecting the Leafs to chokes, but I'm now suspecting that Matthews being sidelines was a blessing in disguise.

Also, boo Bruins, you are so chockers too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad