OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I don't really think they imploded this one as much as people are saying, because I never once expected them to come back and reverse sweep this series.

If this happened in game 7 it would have been the ultimate choke job. One of the stupidest ones in our lifetime. Come back from 3-0 down in the series, win 3 straight, go into the 3rd period up 3-1, lose the game 5-3 and series in 7. Can you imagine if that happened?

I had a feeling they were going out tonight, but I gave them a little chance in getting it to game 7 before blowing it. I haven't been giving them any chances of coming back to reverse sweep though. I never once believed.

to me its def an choke job by them. if they went out in 4 or 5 fine no big deal or even if they were a 7 seed against the 1 rangers fine. they get all the way back into the series to force a game 6 at home no less up 3-1 in the game and they dont even make overtime? its definitely a choke job because i think they win last night they could've maybe squeaked out a game 7 win

Camille the Eel

to me its def an choke job by them. if they went out in 4 or 5 fine no big deal or even if they were a 7 seed against the 1 rangers fine. they get all the way back into the series to force a game 6 at home no less up 3-1 in the game and they dont even make overtime? its definitely a choke job because i think they win last night they could've maybe squeaked out a game 7 win
Yes I think you can legitimately call that 3d period a choke. That 2d goal let in by Andersen triggered it. Then the Rags get on the power play, the momentum entirely shifts. Give the Rangers credit too. They will get a lot of confidence from the way they won this.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
The takes here are a little bit Devils-fandom... the Rangers won the president's trophy, and while I'd agree with my son's analysis that their forwards are more a collection of talented individuals than they are a cohesive team unit, that collection is VERY talented and they're in their prime. Their window is closing, but they're at the peak of their ability to win a cup and they have to be the favorites, especially with an okay defense and elite goaltending.

Carolina has always overachieved. This is coaching, this is system, this is players buying in, but they on paper are nothing compared to the Rangers. Or us in 22-23.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The takes here are a little bit Devils-fandom... the Rangers won the president's trophy, and while I'd agree with my son's analysis that their forwards are more a collection of talented individuals than they are a cohesive team unit, that collection is VERY talented and they're in their prime. Their window is closing, but they're at the peak of their ability to win a cup and they have to be the favorites, especially with an okay defense and elite goaltending.

Carolina has always overachieved. This is coaching, this is system, this is players buying in, but they on paper are nothing compared to the Rangers. Or us in 22-23.
I'd say Florida can beat them if they get decent goaltending and the Rangers aren't given too many power plays. Bobrovsky has not given me reason to be confident in that though.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I'd say Florida can beat them if they get decent goaltending and the Rangers aren't given too many power plays. Bobrovsky has not given me reason to be confident in that though.

Unforunately Shesterkin and their PP will carry the Rags forward. Toss in a lapse or two 5-on-5 by the opponent and, well, there will be a parade down Broadway. Don't want it to happen, but ........... :rolleyes:

Reactions: My3Sons

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Watching that Rags-Canes series makes me even madder that we got manhandled by the Canes last year. They were missing a few good players and had the same goalies, and yet we still couldn't capitalize.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
lol you guys are hilarious.

The rangers remain a loser franchise until they prove otherwise. Even if they make the final, there’s still more than enough firepower from the western conference to keep them cupless.

Their even strength play is mid AF and they are clearly being carried by special teams play and goaltending - a recipe that rarely results in winning four rounds of playoff hockey. We’ve seen this movie multiple times this decade.

Kudos to them if they pull it off, but this act of pretending they are some juggernaut that is destined to win it all is nothing but fatalism from devils fans with an inferiority complex.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

The rangers remain a loser franchise until they prove otherwise. Even if they make the final, there’s still more than enough firepower from the western conference to keep them cupless.
Eh, this year there's legitimate reason to believe they might actually pull it off.

And I wasn't buying them winning the cup in 2014. Getting to the finals? Yeah, I thought so, but I didn't think they were beating LA or Chicago, who were the two Western Conference Finalists.

It seems the seas are parting for them right now. Edmonton looked like a team that would take them, they look like they're about to be done or going 7 against a Vancouver team that I don't even think are as good as the Rangers. Colorado looked like they could take them, they're either about to be done or gonna go 7 after coming back from 3 games to 1 in the series.

Dallas could take them I think, but they need to take care of business tonight.

Florida could take them, but they need to take care of business tonight and they really shouldn't have even had to go back to Boston.

If Boston ends up coming back in that series than the Rangers will breeze through the ECF in 4 or 5. Possibly 6 if Swayman stays hot. They won't be facing a joke goalie like Andersen, but they will be facing a much worse team overall than Carolina.

I would say if both Boston and Vancouver are in the conference finals (both, maybe not just one) the Rangers cup chances go up dramatically. Because Vancouver takes away Edmonton in that case, who I think could beat the Rangers. Vancouver I don't think are beating them, but Dallas/Colorado should take care of that.

Florida can take them, but Bobrovsky has been the same goalie as Andersen these playoffs (only his team has been better than Carolina) and Florida has already let Boston hang around one game longer than they should have.

But I will say, even in 2014 they had a tremendous break by playing a team that probably was about on par with this year's Boston in the ECF in the Montreal Canadiens. Who lost Carey Price in game 1 after Kreider ran him. I knew the Rangers were getting to the SCF after they drew Montreal and not Boston that year, but I never thought they'd beat either LA or Chicago.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Florida needs to come out and run them out of the building early tonight, because I'm getting legit flashbacks to last year's series between these two teams.

Only with the team that won last year being the loser this year.

Outside of Boston winning games 1 last year and losing the series, this would look way too similar if Boston wins this tonight. Boston was up 3-1 and lost 3 straight. Florida was up 3-1 this year and now it's 3-2.

This would really give major vibes of last year's series between the two teams, only with the other team winning this time around. If the Panthers don't close it out tonight then the Bruins put them in a position to do to them in game 7 what they did to them last year in 7 games.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I love how now people say the Canes are overachieving when for years it was 'they have one of the best rosters in the league, it's just the goaltending that keeps them out of the playoffs!'. Then it was the goaltending that lost them two years ago. Now that you've all finally gotten beat over your head enough with the Canes now it's the roster sucks because their coach might leave and you're all injecting hopium.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Their even strength play is mid AF and they are clearly being carried by special teams play and goaltending - a recipe that rarely results in winning four rounds of playoff hockey. We’ve seen this movie multiple times this decade.

Kudos to them if they pull it off, but this act of pretending they are some juggernaut that is destined to win it all is nothing but fatalism from devils fans with an inferiority complex.
What has Dallas, Edmonton or Vancouver won in recent years to suggest they're on another planet from the Rangers? It's not like you have a proven winner coming out of there like Vegas or Colorado.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Vancouver 100% deserved that game, they were better all night

Not a big coffee guy but I would've cracked open the crispiest ginger ale had it gotten to OT lmao
FB_IMG_1715870872519.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1715870872519.jpg
    FB_IMG_1715870872519.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
If you had put Canes Suck instead of Canes are a joke, I'd think you were Erik Haula's burner account. The FinnishDevil and being from Finland, along with the Haula cartoon drawing avatar would have given it away and Canes Suck would have sealed it!:sarcasm:
haula09.png

Nah but for real.. I put on the highlights before going to work. Canes are up 3-1 and I'm like "damn those sons of bitches are actually gonna do it" and then Kreider makes it 3-2. I check how much is left in the video and start to question things. 4-3 Rags and I turned it off and went to work very grumpy. :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 872418

Nah but for real.. I put on the highlights before going to work. Canes are up 3-1 and I'm like "damn those sons of bitches are actually gonna do it" and then Kreider makes it 3-2. I check how much is left in the video and start to question things. 4-3 Rags and I turned it off and went to work very grumpy. :laugh:
I totally expected them to blow the 3-1 lead.

I actually figured after the 2-0 lead turned into the 2-1 on the first soft goal on Andersen, that the Canes would come back, then the Canes made it 3-1.

Then came the 3rd period and the soft goal that made it 3-2 and by the time the Rangers tied it, I said I didn't think that would be the last guy Freddie the fossil allows tonight.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland

I actually figured after the 2-0 lead turned into the 2-1 on the first soft goal on Andersen, that the Canes would come back, then the Canes made it 3-1.

Then came the 3rd period and the soft goal that made it 3-2 and by the time the Rangers tied it, I said I didn't think that would be the last guy Freddie the fossil allows tonight.
Man they've just choked time after time.. like the series they've lost havent been close it feels like. They kinda went for it this year without sacrificing most of their future. Mostly due to Dubas being Dubas.

But they have bunch of expiring contracts. Probably regret signing Orlov cause now they probably cant keep one/both of Skjei and Pesce. KK is making about a double of what he's worth.. good bottom 6 guys gone in Martinook and Noesen most likely. Teravainen solid 50-60 pt guy probably looking for his last big deal. Whats Guentzel worth? 9? Eh..

And they still have your favorite fossil signed for next year. :sarcasm:

They have to be after the same goalies the Devils will be right? They possibly cant run back Kotcketkov and Andersen yet another year.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

the Canes face some real challenges this offseason. It will be interesting to see how they handle things. I'm not sure if they are just goaltending challenged. Their best offensive player is Aho. He's excellent but offensively he's not scaring anyone. Beyond him they have a good but not great supporting cast. Who is their 2C? Staal? Kuznetsov? Kotka? It's a big pile of meh. None of their defense is that scary either. While very skilled, nobody is afraid to go to the front of their net and I think Burns looked largely disinterested over the course of the series. Gien how old he is that's not surprising. He is probably ready for assisted living and an AARP card at his age. Beyond that, Brind'Amour didn't really do the team any favors. Maybe he had some obligation to play Andersen, but once the Rangers adjusted to the Canes forecheck he had no answers. His plan B was a 1-2-2 that surrendered the blue line over and over again in the third period. Not his best moment. On top of that, yes, Andersen pooped himself.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bad feeling this Boston/Florida series goes 7
That

And I got a bad feeling that if it goes to 7 that it’s Florida’s turn to blow the 3-1 series lead and lose 3 straight.

Maybe FredBob Andersky can steal a game unlike the other jabroni that the Rangers just abused.

His numbers are on par with Andersen’s, he’s been outplayed by Vasilevskiy and Swayman and hasn’t stolen a game all playoffs.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

You can keep screaming this in the void but their 5v5 play has gotten better this year, they don't have to be a good 5v5 team. They just have to do enough to where their powerplay comes through from them nightly. Do I think Florida still beats them in a long series? Yes but Bob has looked abysmal compared to last year, sound familiar? That's exactly what happened to Freddy Andersen too, he was awesome in 22-23 and now he's the reason the Canes are flying to Cancun as opposed to prepping for a game 7 tomorrow night at MSG. Being on the opposite side of most of this thread crying about how the Rags cup will end their hockey fandom is equally foolish. If they win the Cup, so be it. They're in their prime right now with veterans and have gotten a good year out of Lafreneiere and Trocheck, it's no surprise they're here right now.

That

And I got a bad feeling that if it goes to 7 that it’s Florida’s turn to blow the 3-1 series lead and lose 3 straight.

Maybe FredBob Andersky can steal a game unlike the other jabroni that the Rangers just abused.

His numbers are on par with Andersen’s, he’s been outplayed by Vasilevskiy and Swayman and hasn’t stolen a game all playoffs.

I think Florida still beats NYR in a long series but yeah I 100% get Freddy vibes from Bob this year as well. Thing is, I don't see the Rangers stars being massive factors against a heavy team in Florida's elk like they've been the first two rounds. Swayman might be able to match Igor but there's no shot the Boston forwards are going to be able match NYR

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad