I want what I want
Good guess but i think it was...

D9TU9EuXYAERJBs.jpg

Reactions: Megustaelhockey

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
You guys have a clear path to the Cup honestly.

You guys can handle Boston or Florida. And I feel like you guys would match up the best with Dallas vs the speed of the Oilers or Vancouver.

But I am firmly on this playoff bandwagon. Don’t get scared and stressed at the adversity, coming through that adversity makes the wins that much better.

Can we keep you or make a trade? I'm sure Machinehead can broker a deal for one of our posters.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Being up 3-0 is so f***ing weird.

I'm a Yankees fan so the notion that 3-0 is the series was ripped out of me when I was a kid.

But like, you still want it, because it's a 98% chance to advance.

At the same time, being up 3-0 is a lot of f***ing pressure.

You can't say "oh well we lost in 7 to a good team" the way you normally can.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Personally I'm not interested in rehashing whether the call on Staal was fair or not. The Canes lost the game and the series and nothing is going to change that now. Teams and fanbases are always thinking and feeling they've been cheated when calls go against them. I'm sure Canes fans have felt that thousands of times already and Rangers fans for having their team around longer maybe a million times by now. It's only natural to piss and moan after you lose but if in the other case you get the call and you win it's just time to move on to the next thing. That's the way it goes. Sucks to be them.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Personally I'm not interested in rehashing whether the call on Staal was fair or not. The Canes lost the game and the series and nothing is going to change that now. Teams and fanbases are always thinking and feeling they've been cheated when calls go against them. I'm sure Canes fans have felt that thousands of times already and Rangers fans for having their team around longer maybe a million times by now. It's only natural to piss and moan after you lose but if in the other case you get the call and you win it's just time to move on to the next thing. That's the way it goes. Sucks to be them.
Someone told the refs they blew the delay of game call, and they made it up.

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
Boucher sounded impressed by the Rangers comeback win and gave them full credit. Jon Scott pissed me off on his podcast, saying Carolina gave the game away and we did nothing to earn it. He can f*** off.
The last time I listened to Scott’s podcast was a couple of years ago when he declared Laf and Kakko busts and said that the Rangers should dump them both for whatever they could get while they still had at least some value.

Too many shots to the head I guess.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Holy moly rewatching the goals. Orlov was brutal on 1st and 4th goals. On the Tro deflection goal, the initial shot was blocked and Orlov had the puck but instead of flipping it out, he tried to hit Svechnikov with a soft pass to spring him for a shorthanded rush, and it went straight to Panarin who shot it immediately because Andersen was so out of position. On the Kreider tap-in, he was puck watching the whole time and wasn't even marking Kreider.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Boucher sounded impressed by the Rangers comeback win and gave them full credit. Jon Scott pissed me off on his podcast, saying Carolina gave the game away and we did nothing to earn it. He can f*** off.
If you wanna say Carolina blew this game, sure, why not?

Are we just going to retcon that we were up 3-0 to begin with? And very much outplayed them in game 4?

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
did anyone else wake up in the middle of the night last night and think the game was a dream?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Just my opinion, but I've always believed crosschecking should be called like high-sticking. You either did or you didn't. I don't care how hard it was.

I never subscribed to "that's just a shove." A shove with a perpendicular stick is a crosscheck.
This is how it was called in most leagues I played. A shove is with your hands. A cross-check is with your stick. There’s no overlap.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Holy moly rewatching the goals. Orlov was brutal on 1st and 4th goals. On the Tro deflection goal, the initial shot was blocked and Orlov had the puck but instead of flipping it out, he tried to hit Svechnikov with a soft pass to spring him for a shorthanded rush, and it went straight to Panarin who shot it immediately because Andersen was so out of position. On the Kreider tap-in, he was puck watching the whole time and wasn't even marking Kreider.

Orlov was covering Zibanejad at the far side of the net. Chatfield was supposed to have Kreider.

Now of course you could say Orlov should have gotten a stick in on Kreider but he might have been worried about the puck coming all the way through where Zibanejad would have also had a grade A scoring chance.

e: that first one was an awful giveaway though

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Orlov was covering Zibanejad at the far side of the net. Chatfield was supposed to have Kreider.

Now of course you could say Orlov should have gotten a stick in on Kreider but he might have been worried about the puck coming all the way through where Zibanejad would have also had a grade A scoring chance.

e: that first one was an awful giveaway though
You're right. Man on man coverage, and Orlov had Zibanejad all the way. Kreider was Chatfield's responsibility and he just wasn't paying attention.

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
He's made numerous plays like that throughout the year, it's just that nobody was ever there to pound it in. Hey, I'm not saying he's Paul Coffey, but he's not as bad as many feel here. Man, I hate having to defend him, but somebody has to.
I'm like you for Brodzinski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad