OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
1703521879935.jpeg

IharRB

Dec 17, 2023
I'm looking for a pair of ice grips or cleats that will fit these size 12 insulated pac snow boots.
The standard stretch rubber grips that stretch over the sole won't fit because the boot design is just too large. That typed of grip is more suited for a smaller hiking or work boot design. Any suggestions?

View attachment 781843
moisture resistant sandpaper

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Bringeth me groceries.. yessss. I decided I'm not walking to Walmart. XD They can deliver and they can like it. Nom.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I have to wonder how many of you watch tv on a home theatre set up? I do. I have a 65" tv with a AV receiver and five speakers. Is this a dying configuration or is it still popular?

I had a some kind of setup for the last 15 years. AV receiver and 2.1 or 5.1 speaker setup, a lot of different parts, I think at least 5 different receivers etc.

Then I just had no more room even for that 2.1 set anymore, and switched to high-end Samsung soundbar. No complaints at all with movies, for music that 2.1 set would probably be better.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Moved all my shit today... Clearly I have too much because we couldn't move it all in a single trip in a 15' uhaul

Also no wifi until Tuesday, thank goodness for 50gb of data of which I usually use very little

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Congrats on the new place! How are you settling in?
It looks like a trailer park in Kansas in tornado season. Such a f***ing disaster, and this is after giving my brother a stack of boxes almost to the ceiling (with boxes in boxes) that I'd already emptied.

I've yet to have the time to sit down and frame the prints of Pac, Pimp C and Biggie, or these train ones I got. I bet that's at least a week out since I haven't done shit with the kitchen or bedroom yet. I'm still trying to figure out where to hang what. The rapper prints will go over the TV... But not sure about the day of the dead pieces, train pieces, or tue Japanese style pieces... Or the raven/skull piece, with plans to get at least 1 more raven piece

But, I like the place. The lack of stairs was so desperately needed.

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Well, it's nearly time to say goodbye to my S20 FE 5G. I just placed an order for a Pixel 8 Pro! It's shipping around the 25th of January. Ordered a case for it too.

It's going to be my first Google phone. My sister spoke very highly of her Pixel 7. Definitely excited for it.

Anyone else use Google Pixel?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well, it's nearly time to say goodbye to my S20 FE 5G. I just placed an order for a Pixel 8 Pro! It's shipping around the 25th of January. Ordered a case for it too.

It's going to be my first Google phone. My sister spoke very highly of her Pixel 7. Definitely excited for it.

Anyone else use Google Pixel?
I do. I had the first Pixel, then Pixel 3 and now 7.

They are the best phones I have ever had.

It is a shame, though. When the first one came out one of the big draws was unlimited Google Drive/Photos, which has since been discontinued.

Reactions: deleted user

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019

It is a shame, though. When the first one came out one of the big draws was unlimited Google Drive/Photos, which has since been discontinued.
I wasn't even aware of that! Shitty that it's gone, but I suppose ignorance is bliss for me never having experienced the greatness of that to begin with lol.

Right on, thx man!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I've had several Google phones, started before the Pixel series when they didn't have complete manufacturing abilities. I know my first one was the Nexus S (w/ Samsung), then Nexus 5 (w/ LG)... Then the Pixel 2, 6 & 7. Between 2 & 6 I went and tried the Sony XZ2.

When I got the 6, I gave my Sony to my dad, then did the same with my 6 when I got the 7 a couple months ago. Now we're hooking the Sony up for my mom.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Well I’ve got a trip booked that will see me out of town for most of may. Guess that’s me subconsciously giving up on playoffs this year lol.

Reactions: Volica

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Omg wtf. *imagines a sleep walking incident somehow*
Nope, I know I was dreaming and in the dream I threw a punch... I assume I did this physically while sleeping as that is when I woke up hitting the floor and dresser. My phone was in teh headboard when I went to sleep and was still there when I woke up on the floor, but the screen was no longer working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad