Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Fitz slow playing the coaching market like the goalie market
Fitz Van Winkle?

1716253697932.png

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019

I hope it's Woodcroft. Keefe has a bad playoff reputation. A great regular season coach but has been unable to prove anything. Lindy Ruff accomplished just as much as him in the playoffs with us. I would rather a man who has won multiple rounds.

Reactions: HBK27

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I hope it's Woodcroft. Keefe has a bad playoff reputation. A great regular season coach but has been unable to prove anything. Lindy Ruff accomplished just as much as him in the playoffs with us. I would rather a man who has won multiple rounds.

he actually proved a ton to me these past playoffs. Toronto was much better than Boston was in that series. He got that decrepit D corps to play really structured hockey after the first few games.

The only reason Boston won that series was because of the goaltending. If the goalies were swapped, Toronto wins probably in 5 or 6.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Umm, the Devils’ still need an associate coach?

Who’s to say it’s not Keefe and Woodcroft? The only other team linked to Woodcroft was the Sharks and that’s because of their connection. I haven’t see any rumors that he actually interviewed.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Umm, the Devils’ still need an associate coach?

Who’s to say it’s not Keefe and Woodcroft? The only other team linked to Woodcroft was the Sharks and that’s because of their connection. I haven’t see any rumors that he actually interviewed.
Would fall in the line of the devils M.O. as of late, hiring an ex nhl head coach as an assistant so they can use it as a stepping stone back into coaching.

Woodcroft would prob do wonders for the PP

No assistants have been fired yet have they ?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Would fall in the line of the devils M.O. as of late, hiring an ex nhl head coach as an assistant so they can use it as a stepping stone back into coaching.

No one has been fired but we are technically down two coaches with Ruff being fired and Green moving on

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Good thing Travis Green isn't still available and other team (with a bunch of IDIOTS working for/owning them) hired him before anyone (save for Lindy lol) else filled their vacancies.

I can imagine sweating right now if he were still hanging around, while we still sat here with a head coaching vacancy. At least he can't be a backup plan for us if we can't land a guy we really want.
Fitz should hurry. There us s little chance sens will fire Green before the season even started.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I don't think any of the assistants have been officially fired yet.

Here's a question that I have. Has Buffalo hired any assistants? Because Ruff didn't rule out poaching someone from the Devils coaching roster. I'm thinking Chris Taylor is the obvious. He's almost definitely gone.

With Green now gone to Ottawa, we still have McGill, Sarge and Taylor (and Rogalski who doesn't seem to be going anywhere). Taylor seems like a lock to be gone, whether it's Lindy poaching him away for his staff in Buffalo or us just cutting ties and replacing him with an assistant picked by the new incoming head coaching.

McGill is a maybe. I think Sarge stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad