NHL Entry Draft: My Top 10 NHL 2024 Draft

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
San Jose Sharks - 1. Celebrini - This guy has everything you want in a first-overall pick. Easy decision at #1. Will be San Jose's #1C for a long time

Chicago Blackhawks - 2. Levshunov - decent size, right shot, great in the O-zone, great chance to be a top 4 d-man that logs heavy minutes. Bedard paired with Levshunov will help the Hawks the most in becoming a contending team again.

Anaheim Ducks - 3. Demidov - great skater, great hockey sense, confident with the puck and has skills you can't teach. I can't see Anaheim passing on a talent like Demidov, even if they may need another impact D-man.

Columbus Blue Jackets - 4. Bium - I keep flip flopping here between Bium and Catton. I have a feeling the Jackets will end up adding another impact D-prospect. What better guy than Bium, who had unbelievable numbers as a freshman in the NCAA this year. Bium-Werenski and Mateychuk-Jiricek has the potential to be a damn good top 4 in the future.

Montreal Canadiens - 5. Iginla - Another guy who thinks the game well and comes from hockey royalty. This guy could be a Tkachuk-level player. I could see him going in the top 5, because the potential with this player is untapped being one of the younger players in the draft.
Some guys have that extra confidence/swagger in big games, and this kid seems to have it in spades. Montreal needs another impact winger with decent size. I think this is the 1st surprise pick in the the first round. I can't see Montreal taking another injury-prone player in Lindstrom when they already got Dach.

Utah HC - 6. Silayev - I have him at #6 due to his size, and the minutes he played on a decent KHL team. I'm worried a bit about his 2nd half. His offensive production at the next level is a real issue. I could see him being a Tyler Myers type player. However, he would be great for what Utah is trying to build, and will fit in with the other Russians they have already drafted. We all know BA loves size on the backend and his Russian prospects.

Ottawa Senators - 7. Parekh - Even though I have this player ranked in the 12-15 range, Ottawa takes him here because he fills a big need for them. Unbelievable player in the O-zone, and would be a huge boon to Ottawa's PP.

Seattle Kraken - 8. Dickinson - Seattle has some decent D prospects in their system, but they don't have a guy like Dickinson. Great two-way player with a strong work ethic. He will log a lot of minutes on the Kraken's backend.

Calgary Flames - 9. Lindstrom - I have Lindstrom dropping due to his back issue. I can't see this kid going outside of the top 10 however. The intangibles and size this guy brings are too hard to pass up. Calgary is weak down the middle. They need an elite Centre man after trading Lindholm, I can't see them passing Lindstrom up at the 9 spot. If this kid's injury issues are behind him, he will be the steal of the draft.

New Jersey Devils - 10. Helenius - Great at anticipating play. He didn't look out of place playing against men this season, even if he is a smaller player. This guy is strong for his size. The Devils are looking to compete now, and Helenius is probably the most pro-ready player after Celebrini.

Last edited:

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
Seems like the draft begins at #3. Assuming Celebrini and Demidov go 1-2, and if Levshunov is as overrated as some experts are now saying, Anaheim's pick will be pivotal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad