Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I also hated when the lines Matthews isn’t on kept trying to pass the puck to the bench

You probably also loved losing five years in the playoffs with Dubas if we're being honest here.

Yep, post history definitely checks out on that!

You're the guy who spent three months endlessly going off on here about Ryan Reaves as if he kicked your dog?

Oh i definitely remember LOL

You must have a lot of time of your hands and zero life.

Oh and beyond that of course zero hockey knowledge.

Ryan Reaves is your daddy, always remember that.

God I love cashing in receipts on know-nothings :laugh:

Last edited:

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
The broken and crippled body of Joseph Woll in net is better than the broken and crippled mind of Samsonov the choker.

I think Woll is like one of those relief pitchers in baseball. Good for short bursts. But can't handle the long grind of a full season.

Perfect for a playoffs run.

If he stays healthy he could even steal them a series or two. So typical the Leafs are paying over half their cap on four scoring forwards. But it's the rookie bsckup goaltender earning league minimum who's winning them the 2-1 games these playoffs.

If there is any greater indictment with the team's roster construction I can't think of it.

Of course the Leafs will point to this as a sign of success. If just any old league minimum goalie can get hot at the right moment then why bother investing in that position at all. Just throw whatever goalie isn't hurt or having a mental health tragedy at the time out there, cross your fingers, and hope like hell he doesn't screw it up.

Just like us fans do.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Really encouraging game from many players. I started listing them and it was too many guys so I'll give a shout out to Lyubushkin whose been real good.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Really encouraging game from many players. I started listing them and it was too many guys so I'll give a shout out to Lyubushkin whose been real good.
Still anxiety attack every time Lil has puck. Nothing encouraging all series. Everyone else on team has had nice moments at least once even dewar and Reaves. Maybe not brodie but he hasn't played enough to have chance to do good.

He finally tried an end to end rush and soon as he enter zone he gives it away at the blue line with bad stick handling. We got lucky Bruins were at end of their shift which is more sad for Lil though because how do you lose it so bad to tired players. I hope we never see Lil in a Leafs playoffs again unless we're facing him for easy zone entry

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Screenshot (1416).png

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
They'll need Reaves to set the tone again. A lot more Bruins were taking liberties tonight with him out of the lineup.
Against Florida the tone he sets will be outweighed by the defensive breakdowns he creates. The room for error against Florida will be smaller as, unlike Boston, they actually have offensive weapons.

Reactions: Macallan18

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Game was over once they let one of their scrubs post up nba style 1 on 1 with Nylander at the line. Dude not only opened up their tight checking but he moved the Boston dmen around that lead to them becoming the necessary tip.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I check the scores 😉
Haters gonna hate.

Rielly may not be spectacular playoff Rielly this series but he had 2 assists last night and is leading a d core that has allowed 1 real goal in 2 elimination games. He is clearly playing with an injury he used to be a fantastic skater but he's still getting it done.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Not enough love is being given to Bert and Domi for grinding the ever living shit out of the B's D, especially in and around the net.
They have been worth every penny.

I would say most posters were waiting to see this before they made their minds up.

I can recall a lot of posts, especially about Bert while he struggled that final judgement would be made in playoffs.

If the Leafs lose, it won't be on them

Reactions: RobBrown4PM

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
We just played two of the best playoff games ever with this core. Hard to believe this is the same bunch of turkeys who couldn't be bothered to show up for game 4. I really, really hope they show up to play tomorrow night, as a long suffering Leaf fan I'm pretty damn sure I deserve their best effort more often than we've been getting it.

There's a game tomorrow night boys, be ready to play. GLG!!

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The coping on the playoff forum has begun, with Sens and Habs losers throwing in their worthless two cents. I hope the boys close this out in style on Saturday, just for the HF servers to malfunction.
Q: What kind of Habs fan cheers for the f***ing Bruins?
A: a shitty one.

Sena fans I expect it because they just got done throwing drinks everywhere and it's salty up there

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Probably the most underrated post of this thread.

Matthews is gone and all of a sudden every line is defensively focused and playing offence in the appropriate times, not zeroing every play around getting the puck to one player.

The Leafs probably still win these games with Matthews in the lineup. Suggesting his absence is the reason for the change of play rather than a goalie change or facing elimination is beyond comical.

“You know why they won, because their best defensive and offensive forward is not in the lineup”

These opinions are so predictable. Matthews had lead the team in scoring in all but the 2 playoff series he was known to be injured (2018 Boston and Montreal). In every 1st round series that Matthews has played, they have pushed it to the final game.

Even in this series, he single handily won them game 2.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
We just played two of the best playoff games ever with this core. Hard to believe this is the same bunch of turkeys who couldn't be bothered to show up for game 4. I really, really hope they show up to play tomorrow night, as a long suffering Leaf fan I'm pretty damn sure I deserve their best effort more often than we've been getting it.

There's a game tomorrow night boys, be ready to play. GLG!!
what's funny is that matthews has been out last 2 and marner has been dog shyt all series Lolol
playoffs just goes to show its all about the team coming together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad