Kreider with a natural hat trick to overcome 3-1 deficit

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
It was fun last night watching Ranger fans posting in periods 1 and 2 about what a piece of garbage he is. Coupled with them booing the team at home. If I was this guy, I’d be thinking all these fans can f**k off, I’m doing it for my boys in the room. He sure did bring it in period 3 - they all did, really. Hope Canes fans didn’t buy non-refundable plane tickets to NYC after period 2.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It was fun last night watching Ranger fans posting in periods 1 and 2 about what a piece of garbage he is. Coupled with them booing the team at home. If I was this guy, I’d be thinking all these fans can f**k off, I’m doing it for my boys in the room. He sure did bring it in period 3 - they all did, really. Hope Canes fans didn’t buy non-refundable plane tickets to NYC after period 2.

Rangers fans for some reason give him an unreasonable amount of hate. It used to be because big and fast and not producing elite numbers. Now he's basically around a 40 goal scorer and fans still hate on him.

Reactions: haveandare

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He's averaging over 40 goals per game the last three seasons and was 1 goal away from 40 in two of three seasons. Calling him "not a star" is underselling him. Is he ever going to get 100 points no, but he's one of the most underrated goal scorers in the league.
Depends on definition of "star" really. Under a point per game I feel like is usually just "good 1st line player", to me anyways

Barring injury, by the time Kreider is done, he's going to own a number of Ranger goal scoring records and could be top 100 all time in goal scoring.

Kreider just turned 33 and has averaged 42.3 goals over the last 3 years. If he stays healthy, I think passing Gilbert is very likely.

Approaching mid 30's I don't really "expect" any player to always keep up their production. His main method of scoring is maybe more sustainable now but I also wouldn't be wildly shocked if he dipped below 30 goals in an upcoming year just from puck luck and hand/eye deteriorating a bit
He's got 3 more years on this contract, so if he averages 35 goals per year then he'll get it but that's not a given. Dunno if they'd sign him to another short contract to retire a Ranger after that if he wants to keep playing...probably depends on a lot of stuff.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
He's gonna go down as one of those interesting cases where he gets his jersey retired by the team and years from now people will look at his stats and go "seriously this guy wasn't very good!" without having some of the context of his career with the team.
Like sure he's not a star player in many ways but how his career has evolved with the Rangers and what he means to these teams is pretty interesting and fit for recognition, especially if he can win a cup
I mean you can say the same thing about Adam Graves, who Kreider will end up with a better statistical career than.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers fans for some reason give him an unreasonable amount of hate. It used to be because big and fast and not producing elite numbers. Now he's basically around a 40 goal scorer and fans still hate on him.
he has some annoying tendencies at this stage in his career. He doesn't really make plays with the puck all that often now and he probably should do better with things like breakouts and moving the puck to teammates on a forecheck/cycle. He has a tendency to just casually chip it out or swing the puck to no one at times which can be maddening when the other team keeps intercepting his defensive zone chips or he's turning it over on the forecheck because he's just tossing it to where no one is.

But yeah, he's a huge part of the team and success

I mean you can say the same thing about Adam Graves, who Kreider will end up with a better statistical career than.
for sure, and people have kind of rolled their eyes and Graves and Richter having their numbers retired

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Fans booing their team?! That has never happening in the history of sports, just the Rangers. Not sure how Chris was even able to mustered up the courage to step on the ice for the 3rd.

But you know what was fun, watching the Caps get swept. That was fun.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Maybe wouldn't have even played if they didn't get the extra day.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
It's funny you say this because right after Kreider scored the game-winner he fist bumps the class where these two rangers were banging at it. But yeah, I'm sure he's saying f**k the fans.

Reactions: Saitama

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Fans booing their team?! That has never happening in the history of sports, just the Rangers. Not sure how Chris was even able to mustered up the courage to step on the ice for the 3rd.

But you know what was fun, watching the Caps get swept. That was fun.
Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel, wasn’t it, sweeping the worst team ever to take the ice in a playoff series? We’ll get over it faster than y’all got over Tom Wilson.

And if you wanna post “f**ck these f**cling losers” in the middle of a close playoff game (about your own team), or pay $800 or whatever to boo the home team in a playoff, you do you.

Notwithstanding that, I truly admire the Rangers effort in the third period. Y’all have a great team.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
he's "the Horse" for a reason, there are just certain moments the guy turns into a f***ing Mustang. Hard to defend a guy like Kreids because you have to respect the ice he can take advantage of. Some people have their frustrations with him because he doesn't always crash the net with a commanding presence and he should, because when he does he's a monster. Even when he has quiet games he's a very tactical type of player and you can always see the gears turning in his mind during moments that matter. Pure clutch.

every team in this league needs a Kreider in their lineup

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
@Garbageyuk , what's so funny? I said facts. I didn't say Kreider was one of the best players all time. Just one of the best all time at deflecting pucks. I know Habs fans have an unhealthy obsession with Kreider but take that shit to your own board.

• Haha
Reactions: Garbageyuk

Smash

Dec 19, 2006
Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel, wasn’t it, sweeping the worst team ever to take the ice in a playoff series? We’ll get over it faster than y’all got over Tom Wilson.

And if you wanna post “f**ck these f**cling losers” in the middle of a close playoff game (about your own team), or pay $800 or whatever to boo the home team in a playoff, you do you.

Notwithstanding that, I truly admire the Rangers effort in the third period. Y’all have a great team.
Sounds like someone’s not over it

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Perfect example of not having to be elite in all areas of the game to have an amazing career. Krieds does a few things extremely well. The rest of this game can be maddening, but coming up huge in crunch time can help erase his deficiencies.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL

Worst team ever? I feel like you haven't seen Toronto play in a minute. Tbh seeing Ovie look so defeated and out of it was a disappointment as I've always loved him. I didn't expect a sweep at all. I always look at the Caps like Boston or the Pens and now Tampa. They can scrape in and do some real damage.

The Canes I see differently. Us winning after a 0-2 deficit in 2022 in their barn with a dominant performance left them with more than a chip on their shoulder and I absolutely did not want to face them in round 2. Being up 3-0 I still told my gf "I'm not believing it until it's done". But all the BS tactics to fill the arena with pretty much only their own fans, and us taking it to them again in their barn with 13 mins left to reply to their 4 straight goals in the previous game... yeah, that was fun. Also DeAngelo. Pretend I didn't say that, please.

But they have a great fanbase, I can't deny. We just have a playoff rivalry going, which we once did with you. And Wilson's shit? Please. I couldn't root for a guy doing that on my team and never have. Dolan, for once, was absolutely right. And I'm no fan of Dolan.

Either way I'll always love the 24/7 episodes we had with you guys (Ovie and Cally fight being prime) and the former rivalry. Cheers!

Reactions: NoVaCapsFan

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I'm still in shock from that 3rd period.
In the middle of the 2nd, I lost my positivity, lost my composure to a degree I never do for a Rangers game, and I somehow lost my beer which was supposed to be in my hand.
I'm still re-watching it and thanking the entire team (keenly interested in getting a better sense of what Lindgren did) and obviously Chris Kreider.

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He's averaging over 40 goals per game the last three seasons and was 1 goal away from 40 in two of three seasons. Calling him "not a star" is underselling him. Is he ever going to get 100 points no, but he's one of the most underrated goal scorers in the league.
Months ago I posted in a underrated/overrated thread that CK is the 40 goal pace guy that nobody in the HF general forum talks about. He also set a career high in assists this season. Just a class act all around.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
That’s awesome but still the greatest thing Kreider has ever done is punch DeAngelo in the face.

Allegedly.
This has been thoroughly debunked. The entire thing was made up. Georgiev was the locker room cancer, not DeAngelo.

Although, the thought of Kreider just obliterating DeAngelo with a punch makes me smile.

Reactions: Saitama

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Sounds like someone’s not over it
Yeah, that’s fair. As long as I am still sh*tposting about the Ranger fan base, can’t claim otherwise. So maybe I’ll stop now.

Plus, this Rangers team is growing on me. I mean, if it gets that far, am I gonna root for a team from DALLAS? So good luck Rangers, good luck Cats, enjoy your continued success.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah, that’s fair. As long as I am still sh*tposting about the Ranger fan base, can’t claim otherwise. So maybe I’ll stop now.

Plus, this Rangers team is growing on me. I mean, if it gets that far, am I gonna root for a team from DALLAS? So good luck Rangers, good luck Cats, enjoy your continued success.
I don't mind the Caps, so I hope you guys get back into being competitive as soon as possible. Good luck to you as well going forward!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad