German football season 2023/24

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Rangnick won't coach Bayern next year. No miracle after the bs Uli said last friday (FAZ).
So no Nagelsmann coming back (nother bs idea). No Hoeneß, no Alonso, no Rangnick, no Klopp. Maybe Flick comes back. LOL

I don't think Uli is an idiot, bt wtf was this?

No point in having a Freund and Eberl when you have the likes of Rummenigge and Uli sabotaging everything behind the scenes. Now they are looking at...what, return to Flick? De Zerbi? Ten Hag? Gong show.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This might be the worst call I've seen all year, HSV had a goal disallowed for this.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
HSV stays alive for now, but Düsseldorf also gets the three points.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Crazy game in Dortmund. Reus makes it 4-1 at the 34th minute. Moukoko has scored what might be the two worst/luckiest goals of his career. Dortmund's got a proper B team on the field. A Bundesliga debutant Kjell Wätjen picked up an assist on the Reus goal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gnabry's flop should be overturned by the VAR.

EDIT:
wow, surprised that wasn't corrected. Bayern with the EPL-caliber penalty...

Great tackle by Pavlovic.

Crazy game in Dortmund. Reus makes it 4-1 at the 34th minute. Moukoko has scored what might be the two worst/luckiest goals of his career. Dortmund's got a proper B team on the field. A Bundesliga debutant Kjell Wätjen picked up an assist on the Reus goal.

Nice for Wätjen. I'm not a big fan of his, but always happy to see kids doing well on their debuts.

And haven't seen the mouki goals yet, but he's put in a lot of good shifts without reward, so seeing him get some flukier goals could be good for his mindset.

Reactions: JoVel

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Davies & Neuer both just fell asleep on that 1-2. If VFB holds on, they could still pass Bayern if Bayern drops another & they win out...as VFB would be just 2pts and 17 goals behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Make that 15 goals behind, as Silas seals it for VFB. Will be very interesting to see how Stuttgart does in the CL next season. Guirassy & Undav feel like they should cause problems on that level with Führich, Stiller, and Millot supporting them.

Still don't trust that defense, even though only two teams have conceded less this season...Leverkusen & Leipzig...but they should score goals if they don't shrink on that stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Eric Dier having a rough day.

Guerreiro and Dier having to be subbed off because of injuries adds to already big defensive problems for Bayern.

Kim and Upemecano again had below par performances, and in general Stuttgart dominated Bayern. Don't think Bayern have much of a chance in the CL 2nd leg.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

I'm not sure there's another club in the top5 leagues in Europe, who can change 10 players (all off their outfield players) from their previous match and trash their midtable opponents like Dortmund did.

Yes, those Moukouko goals were almost hilariously lucky, although I'm not sure if that backheel would have gone in without his touch.

Good to see Reus having a good outing in what might have been his last one as a starter at home.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Guerreiro and Dier having to be subbed off because of injuries adds to already big defensive problems for Bayern.

Kim and Upemecano again had below par performances, and in general Stuttgart dominated Bayern. Don't think Bayern have much of a chance in the CL 2nd leg.

On top of that even their Pavlovic trump-card is no longer a guaranteed win, as they final lost a match the young fella started.

Watch them start LeGo at CB and win in Madrid :laugh:

...or maybe they'll just go 3-3-3-1 with

Kane
Gnabry - Musiala - Sane
Goretzka - Pavlovic - Laimer
Mazraoui - Kim - Kimmich
Kane​

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm not sure there's another club in the top5 leagues in Europe, who can change 10 players (all off their outfield players) from their previous match and trash their midtable opponents like Dortmund did.

Yes, those Moukouko goals were almost hilariously lucky, although I'm not sure if that backheel would have gone in without his touch.

Good to see Reus having a good outing in what might have been his last one as a starter at home.
Funny enough I'm like 99% sure this was the first time they've scored 5 goals in the Bundesliga this season and it was with an actual B team. And not against an awful opponent either, although it was a pretty brutal game from Augsburg.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Looks like it was a fun one between Hertha and Elversberg. Wanner with another goal & assist for Elversberg, while Maza scored his first senior goal for Hertha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad