Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Bruins @ Leafs Thursday @8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
It's interesting that they've been so coy and smug about injury stuff all series, but now they are refusing to play those injury mind games and are officially ruling him out right away.
the whole situation has been very strange, i hope hes ok

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
the whole situation has been very strange, i hope hes ok
We noticed him grimace a bit after a faceoff right in front of our seats in the 2nd period - have a feeling he's either tweaked his groin or his back.

Either way, the illness is hogwash - it's an injury, and I'm guessing there's an outside chance he returns to the series which is why they are being coy with it.

Reactions: djdev

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
We noticed him grimace a bit after a faceoff right in front of our seats in the 2nd period - have a feeling he's either tweaked his groin or his back.

Either way, the illness is hogwash - it's an injury, and I'm guessing there's an outside chance he returns to the series which is why they are being coy with it.
I bet he comes back for game 7 on Saturday.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Fair point.

Really hope they win tonight. They played so bad in game 4, then showed up for game 5, will they show up tonight?

I still don't understand how these guys can play well some nights and then mail it in on other nights. It's the playoffs FFS, why can't you just pretend it's November or February when you seem to be able to somehow play pretty consistently for an entire month?
The inconsistency is the most frustrating part for me. It's hard to win in this league, it's even hard to be perfectly consistent (you're going to have bad games, bad stretches), but in this series it seems to be night to night.

I don't expect much tonight. I hope I'm wrong, but another night without Auston, can we do what we did as a whole two games in a row against a damn good team? I dunno.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Could have had an illness then got hurt playing through it. He did look sick to me the last game he played.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Im not even looking at game 6 like an actual game

Leafs will win this game

I need to see how they win.

Game 7 is happening 100%. If leafs play a strong game where they dominate play like most of game 5 Ill be excited and confident for Game 7

If we dick out a flukey win with bruins out playing us with that shitstain of a team than I expect to lose game 7
Yeah, but it's a nice day for golf this afternoon, and likely tomorrow.

I'll watch, as I think it's the finale for this group. For the season and hereafter.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
why cant we have nice things.

I saw that clip when Boston scored, Matthews was barely moving and his stride looked painful. i think this whole "sickness" thing is just another cover up or mind game.

If that's the case, he's definitely out for the series I think. It's at least a week off I think. He skated a little yesterday, so there's some hope.
A groin injury is a whole lot better than a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad