GWT: Europa/Conference League - Knockouts

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's been a rough spring for the people who think EPL is 10 tiers above any other league in the world.

Farmer's league gunna farmer's league :dunno: This is why all EPL #s need to be taken with a grain of salt. Those teams just aren't very good.

Reactions: JoVel

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Injury time winner for Fiorentina against Club Brugge. Deserved victory but had to work for it, Brugge had a man sent off at 2-1 but still managed to equalize through Thiago. So 3-2 probably a good result for Brugge given the circumstances, and all to play for next week.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
How does Villa let Olympiakos score four on them at home? Anyone watching that game care to explain...?
Emi being suspended & Unai resting Pau (not sure why). Had a goal in the first 10 minutes disallowed for something — tbh I don’t know what it was for. First 2 goals were offside traps that got broken, first one was called off on the field but VAR said otherwise. 3rd was a handball pen that’s called in Europe and rarely in the PL if I’m not mistaken. 4th was a huge deflection.

Villa played terribly though, didn’t deserve anything from the game. Although I thought the center was pretty inconsistent with calls, he didn’t influence the result.

Reactions: JoVel

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Brugge a bit fortunate to lead at HT as Fiorentina have been the better team and had the best chances. Although Brugge did have one golden opportunity to make it 2-0.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I just noticed Mendilibar is Olympiakos' coach! Of course they're making the final while he's schooling Emery. I hope he gets "promoted" to Forest next year, they share an owner afaik

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Atalanta up ahead after a lucky deflected shot.
They've been the better team though so far so not undeserved.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lookman puts Atalanta ahead against Marseille, so on their way to final as it stands.

Leverkusen has been better against Roma, one shot hit the post and then deflected to Svilar's back, but didn't go in.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Svilar is keeping Roma in it but Leverkusen is doing whatever it wants.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
2-0 now for Atalanta, nice finish by Ruggeri. Looks that they will have another chance of securing CL spot through Europa if they can't make it via Serie A.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Probably, but they weren't scoring any other way. So this was good for the match.
the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.png

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad