Elias Pettersson.. Playoff Ghost

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
You heard that wrong. He scored game 2. He's only scored a handful of goals in the last two months, though.
You're right... they said "2 goals in the last 2 months." I was wrong. But, damn, that's horrific for a player of his caliber who just inked a massive deal.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
I dont watch Canucks games normally unless I have them on TV as the late game and I'm barely even watching it.

I can only go on what I saw this playoffs and he sure seems Mitch Marner-ish. Stays out of the high traffic areas, plays along the boards and looks to pass or take a shot from the hashmarks if he gets open.

If that doesn't work, he's invisible the whole game.

Heck, Mikeyev and Garland were more active skating and trying to generate offence.

Metalwood

Sep 30, 2021
Guy is 24, people need to chill progression isnt linear. I hope they can resign lindholm to help with his evolution as a player

ijuka

May 14, 2016
1st real playoffs for him. It's an indictment against the org that such a good young player has gone through so many years, straight to his big boy contract next year, without real playoff experience, urgency, and hostility. He'll grow from this.
His first playoffs weren't real?

Reactions: DickSmehlik

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
At times it looked like he was not even trying. That's a bad sign if he was relatively healthy.

I remember some stars on my team struggling in the playoffs (eg Datsyuk) but it never looked like they didn't care.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
His first playoffs weren't real?

The media circus, the fanbase circus, everything is on another level compared to COVID cup. It's like a wavy pool vs a beach with real waves. Did any team (aside from the leafs) or their players REALLY get crucified to the same extent as a real playoffs? Different pressure for someone who clearly isn't handling it well.

If he ghosts again next year etc. then it'll be open season. Obviously people can ridicule him all they want as people do but this is the same thing as people calling Lafreniere and Byfield and whoever busts.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Hope the Canucks can get him a solid winger this summer to play with. But they may not have much cap space if they try to resign Lindholm and Zadorov. I still think Guentzel would be a great fit with him.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
The media circus, the fanbase circus, everything is on another level compared to COVID cup. It's like a wavy pool vs a beach with real waves. Did any team (aside from the leafs) or their players REALLY get crucified to the same extent as a real playoffs? Different pressure for someone who clearly isn't handling it well.

If he ghosts again next year etc. then it'll be open season. Obviously people can ridicule him all they want as people do but this is the same thing as people calling Lafreniere and Byfield and whoever busts.
You need to realize that Pettersson’s play had nothing to do with the playoffs. Pettersson had been playing dreadful hockey for most of the season. Never passed the eye test early on. Fell all the time, gave the puck away, missed open nets… On and on and on it went. “When is Petey going to get going?” was asked in October. He still got 89 points but he did not look good doing it, overall.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
You need to realize that Pettersson’s play had nothing to do with the playoffs. Pettersson had been playing dreadful hockey for most of the season. Never passed the eye test early on. Fell all the time, gave the puck away, missed open nets… On and on and on it went. “When is Petey going to get going?” was asked in October. He still got 89 points but he did not look good doing it, overall.

ya, my post is more tailored to this thread, which let's face it, isn't serious and candid. I hope his lack of his old self is an adjustment to the new coach and team that went downhill as the season wore on and he'll figure it out next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad