Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 3, Avs win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Clearly you can't win with youth these days. Bones and the org have it all figured out.

Dallas has figured out quite quickly just how advantageous getting plus play from elc's is.
Yeah the Jets in 17-18 and 18-19 were just fueled by old geezers. Jets had no idea what an ELC was :rolleyes:. Perfetti is probably the only recent drafted guy that warrants a spot.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Show it and how it has translated in the nhl for him.
Thats kind of my point... we haven't given him a shot

Heinola looked good when he's been called up and we have replaced him with plugs immediately - Dallas gave Harley opportunity to establish himself and he did

Guys can bitch about Bones - but Heinola had a spot on the roster until his injury... he's exactly the type of D that Bones likes and has had success developing.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I'm curious. Can you give a synopsis?
Helle said they didn't adjust. Lowry disagreed that the coaches did ask for adjustments/reviewed deficiencies and that it was more about execution. Helle corrected himself and clarified and agreed with Lowry as he's more focused on his goaltending and isn't as much a part of the players x and o's. He was referring to what he was seeing on the ice.

Tldr. Some people hear what they want.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Thats kind of my point... we haven't given him a shot

Heinola looked good when he's been called up and we have replaced him with plugs immediately - Dallas gave Harley opportunity to establish himself and he did

Guys can bitch about Bones - but Heinola had a spot on the roster until his injury... he's exactly the type of D that Bones likes and has had success developing.
So he has had a shot then. How can you surmise he has "looked good" (stats indicate otherwise, hence why he gets replaced)
or he is equal or more talented than Harley, if he has not played. Maybe he should play better in those GP instead of bleeding GA when he's on the ice.

The Jets have more of a clue than anyone on here in what they have had in Heinola for NHL purposes. He needs to get better.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Show it and how it has translated in the nhl for him.
No kidding, Heinola this, Heinola that, he's the next Enstrom, he's a future Norris Winner, but yet going into the 24-25 season if he even makes the Jets opening roster he will be turning 24 in that season!

Morrissey had already played 3 full seasons by that age! Trouba 5 full seasons!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
No kidding, Heinola this, Heinola that, he's the next Enstrom, he's a future Norris Winner, but yet going into the 24-25 season if he even makes the Jets opening roster he will be turning 24 in that season!

Morrissey had already played 3 full seasons by that age! Trouba 5 full seasons!
I liked him alot when he was drafted and I used to consider our top prospect. That's 5 years ago now, maybe he just ain't it at the nhl level.

I think it was the Canadian Division year (3 years ago) when media said he was one of the top Canadian team prospects.... Jets, who have more info than media, acquire Dillon, Schmidt and use Samberg more. Maybe heinola was always overrated or overhyped? :dunno:

He'll have opportunity next year. Hopefully he shows better when he gets it.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I liked him alot when he was drafted and I used to consider our top prospect. That's 5 years ago now, maybe he just ain't it at the nhl level.

I think it was the Canadian Division year (3 years ago) when media said he was one of the top Canadian team prospects.... Jets, who have more info than media, acquire Dillon, Schmidt and use Samberg more. Maybe heinola was always overrated or overhyped? :dunno:

One of our media folks said that he was the best defenseman in training camp and it wasn’t even close.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The most popular comment I heard at the 3 games I attended was :

" Man are they fast " ( *obvious in reference to Colorado )

That explains it all as simply as it can.

Reactions: jungles

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Im unclear what you're arguing here... he made the team and then broke his ankle - the guy looked good and he'll be on the starting day roster next season

I agree that we have not drafted playoff style D aside from the Stanley disaster - but I have a hard time blaming Heinola when Maurice plays fkn Sbisa and Bitetto instead of integrating any of our prospects... then we just let 6'5 RHD Kovacevic walk which was truly baffling - he's better than Stan.

Its a moot point if Pionk is still our 2nd pairing and PK go to guy next year though

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
The most popular comment I heard at the 3 games I attended was :

" Man are they fast " ( *obvious in reference to Colorado )

That explains it all as simply as it can.
I've watched almost every game of every other series. Jets are the only team doing the D to D pass in the defensive zone (allowing COL to get NZ coverage) and then re-grouping behind the net to subsequently fire it off the glass or ice it breakout system. Jets can skate fast but were the slowest team in the playoffs, except maybe the Caps who are garbage.

Game 5 was the only game where we had fast, one-touch breakouts. Way too late. Most of that is coaching, but also in usage which is also coaching.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Saw this on Facebook and had a chuckle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240502_122001_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240502_122001_Facebook.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 2

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Heinola last year :

Harley last year after being sent down to the A.

Harley got a callup with 6 games left in the regular season and was given a chance to earn the job. 6 games before the playoffs.

Stanley got that shot this year. Along with all the other ones :laugh:

Harley is amazing and Heinola needs to prove he can be an NHL regular before getting to his heights, but the enviroments are also completely different.

Stankoven would be in the AHL if he were a Jets prospect.

Edit : anyone envision Chevy calling up an AHL player right before the playoffs and giving him a shot?

Wait, he did. Axel :sarcasm:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Clearly you can't win with youth these days. Bones and the org have it all figured out.

Dallas has figured out quite quickly just how advantageous getting plus play from elc's is.

It's kind of crazxy because even with the youth movement Dallas is still the 2nd oldest team in the league.

Seguin, Benn, Pavelski, Duchene, Dadonov, Craig, Suter, Tanev are all post 30, two of them are 39 and then they are surrounded by a bunch of youth.

Saw this on Facebook and had a chuckle

Yeah we got punked pretty hard by our chants this year.

Reactions: TS Quint

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
How's Heinola going to help Hellebuyck see the puck? He has no place on this defense. We neeed less Pionks and more Dillons. Give me 6'4 205 Harley over Heinola 10/10 times
Totally agree with this post, and I would definitely resign Brendan Dillon. He is a warrior, big and very physical, and stands up for teammates. According to John Lu from TSN, Dillon wants to stay with the Jets and likes it here, but his agent have not been able to come to an agreement on contract price and terms. Dillon also has a pretty good shot from the point. Resign him please.

Guys I'd get rid of are Schmidt ( too costly), Pionk ( to small and expensive) Toffoli, Stanley, and maybe Appleton. These players I'd get rid of. We need big strong physical defenseman that can play well, with a hard slapper from the back line, and who can skate well. I'd like to see Capo called up, and play with the Jets defense.

On Monahan, I'm sort of in the middle with him, but I think I'd try and resign him, as he's a veteran 2nd line center and would be good to center Perfetti and Ehlers, and had a good point season this year. Also according to TSN, he is open to resigning with the Jets, and likes it here.

I think it's time for the Jets to get the youth in the lineup for the upcoming season, like Lambert, Chibrikov and Perfetti.

On Bowness, I'm uncertain ?? if he starts playing and developing our future young stars, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back for another year, as he coached the team to a great 110 point season, and also had a team that was one of the top NHL teams for goals against. The Jets had a really good "regular season." I cannot understand him not playing Perfetti in the playoffs tho ??

As Bowness said in one of his press conferences -- the Jets have not learned how to step it up into that higher gear in the playoffs, and this is the the next BIG STEP, the Jets have to take.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad