Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Aite, imma say it:

Oilers and Canucks are fraud teams and get obliterated by whoever comes out of Central.

I'll be looking closely at the odds for that WCF.

In the meantime, I'm not sure who I want to win in a Canucks vs Oilers match-up. Just give me a lot of hijinks and shenanigans.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Aite, imma say it:

Oilers and Canucks are fraud teams and get obliterated by whoever comes out of Central.

I'll be looking closely at the odds for that WCF.

In the meantime, I'm not sure who I want to win in a Canucks vs Oilers match-up. Just give me a lot of hijinks and shenanigans.
I think most people other than nucks and oiler fans think this way. Oiler fans watch their team beat up on trash playoffs teams early rounds and always get their hopes up until they finally play a legit contender and get smoked.

People all year been saying the nucks aren't legit, they're on a massive pdo bender and they just laughed at those comments and said it wasn't true.

Van will get smoked by Edmonton next round in like 5, and then Edmonton will get smoked by avs or stars in 5.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Vegas gonna shake things up if the lose this series. Probably sign Brind’Amour and Stamkos.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I think most people other than nucks and oiler fans think this way. Oiler fans watch their team beat up on trash playoffs teams early rounds and always get their hopes up until they finally play a legit contender and get smoked.

People all year been saying the nucks aren't legit, they're on a massive pdo bender and they just laughed at those comments and said it wasn't true.

Van will get smoked by Edmonton next round in like 5, and then Edmonton will get smoked by avs or stars in 5.
I wish the Leafs have had the success the Oilers have.

They didn't play well against Col, but that Vegas series was good. The Oilers were there.

They have only lost to the Cup Champs the past two years. That's not a terrinle resume

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So I heard Oilers 9/40 on the PP and Kings 0/22. Hard to believe there is a team with fewer PP goals than us and Oilers had almost 2x as many PPs as the Kings.

Anybody left that still thinks McDavid is a playoff choker?

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So I heard Oilers 9/40 on the PP and Kings 0/22. Hard to believe there is a team with fewer PP goals than us and Oilers had almost 2x as many PPs as the Kings.

I rarely watch Edmonton but McDavid is unreal. He needs to be in a better market.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

He is the only reason they are where they are. Without him this Oilers team plays paralyzed.

Reactions: ToneDog

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I wish the Leafs have had the success the Oilers have.

They didn't play well against Col, but that Vegas series was good. The Oilers were there.

They have only lost to the Cup Champs the past two years. That's not a terrinle resume
Theyre definitely a solid team, and their 2 superstars always show up in the playoffs. I think they just lack the depth, D and goaltending you typically need to be a serious contender. They'll run over the canucks, I just think Dallas/Avs are on another level, along with Florida so far in these playoffs.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
That would be OK but doesn’t change much for US viewing. I’m thinking more along the lines of Detroit, NYR…..but he’ll probably end up in Boston.
I was going to add, but Gary will have him traded to Utah. Not sure the other markets need to be propped up but McDavid in New York would be a treat.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Theyre definitely a solid team, and their 2 superstars always show up in the playoffs. I think they just lack the depth, D and goaltending you typically need to be a serious contender. They'll run over the canucks, I just think Dallas/Avs are on another level, along with Florida so far in these playoffs.
I am kind of hoping for Edm/Col.

Could see 6-5, 5-4 games every night!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I was going to add, but Gary will have him traded to Utah. Not sure the other markets need to be propped up but McDavid in New York would be a treat.
Detroit should be a good team in a couple of year so that makes sense.

If Bettman was involved Matthews would be playing in a bigger US market next season.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

People think he's a playoffs choker?
1714655618757.png

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Dallas looked very good last night.
Fast, moved the puck well, PP was good.
The fact they don't have a superstar concerns me but outside of that, they look very talented and have good depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad