Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So next year roster will probably look something like…

Landy-MacK-Drouin
Lehky-Mitts-Mikko
Wood-Colton-Ritchie
LOC-Trenin-Kovy

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Behrens-Malinski

Georgiev
Annunen

Too lazy to do the math to see how that fits into the cap. Also not sure what happens to Val

Bensch88

Jan 15, 2012
Germany

Landy-MacK-Drouin
Lehky-Mitts-Mikko
Wood-Colton-Ritchie
LOC-Trenin-Kovy

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Behrens-Malinski

Georgiev
Annunen

Too lazy to do the math to see how that fits into the cap. Also not sure what happens to Val
No way they play that 3rd pairing. They would get destroyed

Reactions: Chiarelli

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
No way the play that 3rd pairing. They would get destroyed
Yeah probably true. Not sure if JJ is gonna come back or would have anything left, if not than we have to find a very cheap veteran 3rd pair guy. Walker most definitely gone. We can’t afford him

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Re-signed = signing with the same team
Resigned = stepping down

That's my opinion... not that it matters all that much
IMG_6607.jpeg

Reactions: The Moops

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Landy-MacK-Drouin
Lehky-Mitts-Mikko
Wood-Colton-Ritchie
LOC-Trenin-Kovy

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Behrens-Malinski

Georgiev
Annunen

With a 22 man roster, it's right on the edge, just squeezing under. 23 man roster would be tough.

Assumptions:
Mitts - $6M
Drouin - $4M
Ritchie/Trenin - $900K
Extra F/D - $800K

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Good for Kurtis.

I know some think that enforcers don't serve a purpose anymore, but when there's a salary cap, and multiple teams keep signing him to one way deals, and his teammates all talk about how he helps them, it's a strong counterpoint otherwise IMO.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It doesn't.

With a 22 man roster, it's right on the edge, just squeezing under. 23 man roster would be tough.

Assumptions:
Mitts - $6M
Drouin - $4M
Ritchie/Trenin - $900K
Extra F/D - $800K
Trenin isn't making 900k, more like 2M.

I've posted the same lineup sans Drouin and with Mitts at 5.5M and it was borderline cap compliant with a 22 man roster.

Also the chances of getting rid of Nuke's contract with no cap penalty at all must be near 0. His contract won't just evaporate.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We gonna need to resign Drouin if we’re not gonna have Val. That could mean not reigning Trenin and finding a cheap 4C

Reactions: Foppa2118

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Trenin, Duhaime, Walker all gone
It's still going to be tight, barely doable. And our 4th line and 3rd pair would basically be AHLers or ELC prospects. We have 8 forwards and 4 defencemen under contract for next year, 8 million to play with. With that 8mil you would have to re-sign Mitts AND Drouin AND fill out the roster. It doesn't work.

E. Taking it back, f***ing capfriendly bullshitting me

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's still going to be tight, barely doable. And our 4th line and 3rd pair would basically be AHLers or ELC prospects. We have 8 forwards and 4 defencemen under contract for next year, 8 million to play with. With that 8mil you would have to re-sign Mitts AND Drouin AND fill out the roster. It doesn't work.

E. Taking it back, f***ing capfriendly bullshitting me
There are still too many question marks for next year. Is Landy coming back? What happens to Val etc…

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It doesn't.

Trenin isn't making 900k, more like 2M.

I've posted the same lineup sans Drouin and with Mitts at 5.5M and it was borderline cap compliant with a 22 man roster.

Also the chances of getting rid of Nuke's contract with no cap penalty at all must be near 0. His contract won't just evaporate.
All good points, I was just trying to answer the mail on a given roster list.

The Avs are going to have to start utilizing some youth in their system at some point. The extra $'s on some of these veteran guys just aren't going to work under the cap forever. I don't see how they could do a $2M 4C.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Assumptions:
Mitts - $6M
Drouin - $4M
Ritchie/Trenin - $900K
Extra F/D - $800K

Ya, I think Drouin ends up a decent chunk lower than $4M though tbh. The rest I think are pretty spot on. I think he signs a deal very similar to what Rodrigues got, so 4x$3M or in that neighborhood.

I also could see a world where the Avs bring Ritchie in as the 4C to start. Knowing he likely moves up through injuries if he's playing well.

I dont think they would utilize both Behrens and Malinski on the 3rd pair. I can actually see them bringing Johnson back for 1 more year if he doesn't retire. He can play Left and Right side and thus the Avs can split the time for Malinski/Behrens at least until someone on the Defense gets hurt.

I can also see them bringing Caleb Jones back as that 22nd roster player. As he can do the G/D extra player thing MacDermid did for us the last couple of years.

So like:

Lehky - Mack - Drouin
Landy - Mitts - Mikko
Wood - Colton - LOC
Cogs* - Ritchie - Kovalenko
Wagner

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Behrens - Johnson
Jones

George
Annunen

By my Math, that would be roughly ~$85.8M. Just under $1.9M to start the year. If they keep Nuke around(Feels highly unlikely but eh), then they'd need about $3M in space when he returns to fit him in... Which they honestly wouldn't be too far off doing if they accrued space from day 1 of the season.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't think Drouin signs for multiple years on the cheap. He knows that if he re-signs he's going to be on the top-6, likely with MacKinnon. The cap is going up. He's going to cash in.

He might take a 1 year team friendly deal, knowing that he can play a full season with MacKinnon and Makar and start producing right away. After that, someone is going to give him a longer and a bigger contract. Most likely, not the Avs.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Drouin would be an idiot to sign anything but a one-year deal. Play with MacKinnon and then get more AAV and term with a desperate team in 25-26.
He just had a fantastic season with a "show me" contract. He doesn't need to do it again. He'll also be 30 next off-season. That's a big deal. Don't wanna sign a guy that's 30+ to a big deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad