Aug 8, 2004
So can someone who has watched these guys give me the downside of:

Levshunov
Buium
Yakemchuk
Parekh
Dickinson
Silayev
They are all defencemen, some big & some not so much, some are more offensive minded than others, a couple more defensive minded. I like Yakemchuk out of the bunch because he checks off more boxes for me, big, tough, plays with emotion, has been very good offensively this yr & needs to be coached to be better defensively. He hits, he blocks shots, good skater, carries the puck out of the D-Zone, he fights & has a mean streak something Ott could use on their blueline & he's a good passer.

Levshunov is also very intriguing with similar attributes except not as mean likely won't fight, could be as good offensively although remains to be seen, maybe similar to Gonchar better all around, but less offence. Dickson & Silayev seem more defensive oriented Dickson could be a Methot type player, Silayev is huge, not much else known about him. Buium & Parkh to me are similar players PP QB, good passers, decent skaters that can put up a lot of offence by getting a lot of pucks to the net. Can tightrope the blueline & make smart plays, both being on the small side can be overpowered defensively in the corners & along the boards.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dickinson breaks up the play with a good gap and read gets the puck ahead and joins the rush gets open ; Gives London a 1-0 lead.. London cruises 7-2 , 2 empty netters

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
When rankings are all over the place it usually reaffirms that the draft isn’t as strong as everyone is saying .

I know I seem to be on an island as I’ve been saying it for months this isn’t a great draft

The top 15-20 overall is very good. The top-end beyond Celebrini is lacking and the depth may fall off when you get into the late 1st, but the draft overall looks fine.

The reason the rankings are all over the place is because a bunch of players have surprised and jumped into the top 15 conversation, while the consensus top guys haven't done much to deserve to slide down the rankings.

Buium had a great Frozen Four to top off a fantastic freshman season
Iginla ended up with 48 goals playing on Kelowna's 2nd line/2nd PP and had a good playoffs
Sennecke had 22P in his last 12 regular season games and has 22P in 14GP so far in the playoffs
Hage had 51P in 30GP in the USHL since Christmas and 4P in 2GP in the playoffs
Brandsegg-Nygard had a great playoffs with 10P in 12GP in the Allsvenskan

Compared to most year's I'd be pretty thrilled to get one of the consensus top 15 guys picking outside of the top 10.

Reactions: DrEasy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It is a safe stupid pick, because Pinto is a third line player. You can not insert him in top six and hope for the miracle. We drafted before White as a stupid safe pick. We all know how it turned out. It is a pattern for a long time of bad scouting mistakes. We drafted Roby Jarventie instead of Peterka, which I projected him as a top 6 player. And Peterka would fit nicely with Stutzle with his 28 goals this season. And next season he is going to explode to 40 goals. I saw Jarventie highlights before the draft and he was a lazy kid, with heavy boots and low hockey IQ. Who needed a lot of development in minors. Mistakes like this, should never have happened. When scouts do their work scouting Stutzle playing with Peterka. What the f*ck really!

It’s doesn’t make a ton of sense to complain about safe picks like Pinto and White while also complaining about Jarventie.

Jarventie is the definition of boom or bust prospect. I also wanted Peterka but if you look at draft projections at the time Peterka was seen as the safe option with a high floor given his skating. Jarventie was a boom or bust guy with his rare combination of shot arsenal, size and mobility.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Cool write up on Beaudoin in the Athletic. Local kid who apparently is an absolute beast and is slated to go late first early second.

Sounds like a coaches dream much like Ostapchuk was, but this guy is hyper focused on training and progressing.

Sounds like a great pick on the surface.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It’s doesn’t make a ton of sense to complain about safe picks like Pinto and White while also complaining about Jarventie.

Jarventie is the definition of boom or bust prospect. I also wanted Peterka but if you look at draft projections at the time Peterka was seen as the safe option with a high floor given his skating. Jarventie was a boom or bust guy with his rare combination of shot arsenal, size and mobility.
Finally someone points out the hypocrisy.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He could be a nice pick late 1st, early 2nd... Going to UND is a great training ground as we have already seen;

“If you’re in a 1-on-1 situation with him in the corner, you better skate quickly, or you’re screwed,” a scout said. “He moves so quickly and takes away space so quickly. He gives you little to work with out there.”
“He’s a natural-born athlete,” another scout said. “You won’t find many guys as competitive as him out there. Practices, games, in the weight room. He just wants to win.”

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tankathon says we have Boston's first pick in the draft and it is number 26.

Would that change if Boston loses to Toronto tonight?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Jarventie could still be something. Basically point per game this year in his 21 yo season. Looked good in camp/preseason too.
Hopefully Jarventie comes back from his injury and plays very well in Belleville. I would like to see him play at the NHL level but with a higher compete level than I have seen in the past. He seems to be a soft player so I have some concerns about him making it in the NHL.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Senekke looks great! Too bad he will be long gone at bostons pick. Think he belongs with that top 10 group but I just watch the highlights and scouting reports lol.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Tankathon says we have Boston's first pick in the draft and it is number 26.

Would that change if Boston loses to Toronto tonight?
Would like too know.
Boston's pick can change from 26 in two ways,

1. Boston makes the conference finals by beating Florida in Rd 2. If this happens, their pick will be on of the last 4 picks of the round, with the final two going to the SCF teams.

2. Boston does not make the ECF, but a team currently set to draft earlier than them does make it to the conference finals, in which case that teams pick would be one of the final 4 picks pushing teams previous above them down a spot.

So, if Colorado or VGK make the conference finals and Boston does not, for example, Boston's pick would improve.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Can we forfeit Boston's pick to satisfy the Dadonov penalty? If Boston keeps advancing we should really think about it.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
RHD we have Hoyt Stanley and Max Guenette as the only possible roster fillers and Stanley is still a ways away. Guenette MIGHT be able to fill the bottom pair RD spot. Zub is very solid in the meantime the next couple years.

I know bpa especially in the first round but there are so many rhd this year I wouldn’t be mad at two of them with our two 1sts considering how hard they are to acquire and our relative lack of need in other skater positions.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
RHD we have Hoyt Stanley and Max Guenette as the only possible roster fillers and Stanley is still a ways away. Guenette MIGHT be able to fill the bottom pair RD spot. Zub is very solid in the meantime the next couple years.

I know bpa especially in the first round but there are so many rhd this year I wouldn’t be mad at two of them with our two 1sts considering how hard they are to acquire and our relative lack of need in other skater positions.
Mantipalo might be something too, this year is him adapting to NA and he lead the team in plus minus (I know it's not a great stat by any means) while playing a defensive dman role.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Does anyone here watch Stanley play

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we don't get 1OA in the lottery can we have Gavin McKenna as the consolation prize

Nice to see Canada win gold at the U18s

Reactions: OD99

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Tij

Connelly's major turned the game .. Canada never looked back

1714931327087.png

Last edited:

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
If we don't get 1OA in the lottery can we have Gavin McKenna as the consolation prize
I take it you are watching the U18 Gold Medal Game right now. Great game for Canada!
McKenna is definitely giving Bedard vibes. Not eligible until the 2026 draft.

Sens will have to put a lot of thought towards which draft (2025 v 2026) they forfeit their 1st round pick. Going to want to keep your lottery ticket for 2026 for McKenna.

Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad