NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Devils to hire Sheldon Keefe as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
A dream is all we'll have. Kreider is a franchise player now. Only way he potentially ever leaves NY is when he's old and washed up. It'd be interesting to know just how big a play the Bruins made for him before he re-signed with the Rags in 2020. One of the best value contracts in the NHL.

I know people won’t believe it when I say this, but if I were good enough that the Bruins wanted to draft me, I’d tell teams in draft interviews that I only want to play for them.

Like I couldn’t even imagine playing for Montreal or NYR and I wouldn’t consider it an honor or anything, just because they’re an NHL team.

Yes they’re an NHL team, but they’re an NHL team that I hate and don’t respect, so why would I want to play there.

Reactions: BMC and badbrewin

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Hurricanes are one of the teams that should be calling Sweeney for Ullmark to the point he wants to block their number. They have the cap space to lock him down long term, vezina winning goaltenders aren't on the market often, that roster they have deserves better goaltending in the playoffs than they get. It makes too much sense unless the Bruins want him in the Western Conference.

Jordan Staal's going to hate himself for a few days after that 3rd period. Had a great chance in front of the net to make it 4-2 then took the penalty 49 seconds later that the Rangers tied the game on.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I am happy for Kreider. He is a good kid, played on my brothers hockey team, and helped coach them a little here and there. Funny fact first time he kissed a girl was in our backyard party the hockey team had. Bit of shy kid then, but everyone could see the talent to the point I thought he was too good and not learning anything he hasnt already excelled at. He needed to go somewhere more challenging. He headed to Philips Academy and took off from there.

Another funny fact, I think it was the hockey journal that did a segment on him and the NHL draft and the picture they used was actually my brother. They must have assumed the captain would naturally be Kreider. I took the article and replaced all the words with Kreider to my brothers name. He got a good laugh out of it.

Hurricanes are one of the teams that should be calling Sweeney for Ullmark to the point he wants to block their number. They have the cap space to lock him down long term, vezina winning goaltenders aren't on the market often, that roster they have deserves better goaltending in the playoffs than they get. It makes too much sense unless the Bruins want him in the Western Conference.

Jordan Staal's going to hate himself for a few days after that 3rd period. Had a great chance in front of the net to make it 4-2 then took the penalty 49 seconds later that the Rangers tied the game on.
Someone mentioned Necas as a Free Agent option, I think? If so, sign me up. I really like his game.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I know people won’t believe it when I say this, but if I were good enough that the Bruins wanted to draft me, I’d tell teams in draft interviews that I only want to play for them.

Like I couldn’t even imagine playing for Montreal or NYR and I wouldn’t consider it an honor or anything, just because they’re an NHL team.

Yes they’re an NHL team, but they’re an NHL team that I hate and don’t respect, so why would I want to play there.

It's a logical point of view. I believe though that it's not considered kosher for potential draftees to be that explicit in their preferences. You enter the pool and let the chips fall where they may. But it'd be interesting to know if there are any young players who really push their case for a particular team and seek to discourage others.

There is a recent well-known case in Australian sport that circles around this. A top draftee straight up told the team that had the no. 1 pick that he didn't want to play for them and preferred to play for a team in his home state. But they drafted him anyway. After just one year of claimed misery he requested and was granted a trade to his home team. He's gone on to be a very good player for that team, and I'm sure their fans love him, but he's pretty universally not respected across the rest of the league. That dislike will pass with time, and probably the franchise that drafted him shouldn't have, but it's been an interesting story.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I am happy for Kreider. He is a good kid, played on my brothers hockey team, and helped coach them a little here and there. Funny fact first time he kissed a girl was in our backyard party the hockey team had. Bit of shy kid then, but everyone could see the talent to the point I thought he was too good and not learning anything he hasnt already excelled at. He needed to go somewhere more challenging. He headed to Philips Academy and took off from there.

Another funny fact, I think it was the hockey journal that did a segment on him and the NHL draft and the picture they used was actually my brother. They must have assumed the captain would naturally be Kreider. I took the article and replaced all the words with Kreider to my brothers name. He got a good laugh out of it.

Someone mentioned Necas as a Free Agent option, I think? If so, sign me up. I really like his game.

My friend coached him his freshman (maybe sophomore too.) year at Triton, or was it Pentucket?

Before he went to PA.

It's a logical point of view. I believe though that it's not considered kosher for potential draftees to be that explicit in their preferences. You enter the pool and let the chips fall where they may. But it'd be interesting to know if there are any young players who really push their case for a particular team and seek to discourage others.

There is a recent well-known case in Australian sport that circles around this. A top draftee straight up told the team that had the no. 1 pick that he didn't want to play for them and preferred to play for a team in his home state. But they drafted him anyway. After just one year of claimed misery he requested and was granted a trade to his home team. He's gone on to be a very good player for that team, and I'm sure their fans love him, but he's pretty universally not respected across the rest of the league. That dislike will pass with time, and probably the franchise that drafted him shouldn't have, but it's been an interesting story.

My thinking is this…

Simply by virtue of being drafted by any team, you’re automatically going to be disliked by at least 5 other fan bases, if not more.

At that point, what does it matter?

Might as well fulfill your childhood dream.

Lol.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
My friend coached him his freshman (maybe sophomore too.) year at Triton, or was it Pentucket?

Before he went to PA.

My thinking is this…

Simply by virtue of being drafted by any team, you’re automatically going to be disliked by at least 5 other fan bases, if not more.

At that point, what does it matter?

Might as well fulfill your childhood dream.

Lol.
It was Masco before he went to PA. I forget who exactly was coach at the time, there was a couple of switches as there was some "mmmm" issues with one of the coaches and a female student, it wasnt good but I forget if that was before or after Kreider.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad