Your five favourite police/cop/detective shows

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
The Wire
Law and Order (the real Law and Order with Jerry Orback and Sam Watterston)
Chips
NYPD Blue
Criminal Minds (1st 2 seasons with Gideon when it was really dark)
I loved me some CHiPs.
You could add Hunter to the list too.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Can't believe I forgot to mention this iconic series that I loved as a kid for the one season it lasted.
1714766793335.png

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Can't believe I forgot to mention this iconic series that I loved as a kid for the one season it lasted.
View attachment 864188

LONG ARM! BULLET PROOF!

"IT's CRIME FIGHTING TIME"

Also, the villains were cool, like Miss Demeanor.

I remember watching this on AFN (American Forces Network - we were lucky to be in the broadcasting path in West Germany) and then being confused when I tried to watch COPS when I came back to Canada and it was live footage of morons getting arrested.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
In order of preference:

Luther
Young Montalbano
Shetland
Montalbano
Inspector Morse
Slow Horses
(not technically a cop show, but a lot of sleuthing going on)

HMs
The Wire
Prime Suspect
Happy Valley
Wallander
(Swedish version)
Cracker
Life on Mars

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
In order of preference:

Luther
Young Montalbano
Shetland
Montalbano
Inspector Morse
Slow Horses
(not technically a cop show, but a lot of sleuthing going on)
The Wire
Prime Suspect
Happy Valley
Wallander
(Swedish version)
Cracker
Life on Mars
Luther that ahead of The Wire is crazy to me. I've only seen the first 3 seasons of Luther and thought it was entertaining but quite silly and over the top. The acting, writing and character development doesn't even come close to The Wire imo.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Luther that ahead of The Wire is crazy to me. I've only seen the first 3 seasons of Luther and thought it was entertaining but quite silly and over the top. The acting, writing and character development doesn't even come close to The Wire imo.

I think I made it to episode 3 of Luther and just gave up. Didn't care for it at all.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I think I made it to episode 3 of Luther and just gave up. Didn't care for it at all.
Yeah, I thought I was getting into a serious well made detective show but it's very far from being that. It's kind of similar to the show Justified but I enjoyed Justified a lot more due to the excellent dialogue and some great characters.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Well, that's what makes horse races, right? I thought the first two seasons of Luther were more entertaining than any single season (or two seasons) of The Wire, and I thought Elba with his natural English accent was way more interesting and fun in Luther than he was in The Wire. I liked The Wire just fine, but I have never felt the urge to watch it again.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I see a lot of love for Twin Peaks and i agree with it with the exception of parts of season two. The whole James arc was really bad, it feelt like they had no idea what to do when Lynch left due to studio meddling. Them forcing a reveal of who the killer was might go down as one of the best examples of killing a golden goose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad