Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
"If Ryan McLeod was playing injured, maybe Demko's absence is more impactful."

So, maybe Demko's absence would be more impactful than Ryan McLeod being injured. And I'm the one with comprehension issues?
I'll give you one more chance to read it, copy it, paste it, re-read it, and then decide what to say.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
You are talking about McDavid "maybe injured" and affecting his play of 25 of 60 minutes.

Not Jordan "flu game" 40 of 48 minutes.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'll give you one more chance to read it, copy it, paste it, re-read it, and then decide what to say.
You are being remarkably obtuse, and I'm convinced at this point that you don't understand what you are trying to say. That's ok. But I'm done with this ridiculous hypothetical scenario.

Reactions: geebster

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I disagree entirely based on the bolded. The only problem with the play was that he left his feet to initiate the reverse hit. Had he stayed planted, then there’s no call or debate, imo. The only thing Pete does wrong is leave his feet to initiate the reverse hit. That, and his weight has no bearing on wheather the play is legal so 180 means nothing.
So you mean he shouldnt leave his feet and not brace the hit but actually he should let the guy hit him and absorb it even if it risks injury? Man the geniuses on these boards crack me up

Reactions: bcbill

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
You blankly disagree with the current one kiddo. It’s just that the former holds your view and therefore everything else is invalid in your mind.

I have given my reasons as to why I don’t agree and you state that you won’t read it because I don’t agree with peel. Likely you did read it and don’t have a rebuttal so you pouted and tried to “call me out” or whatever it is you were trying to do. I’m not gonna debate with somebody that refuses to read why they hold their position. Have fun pouting!
I read your opinion multiple other times, it’s just wrong. Tried to help you out, but some people refuse to be educated.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
You are being remarkably obtuse, and I'm convinced at this point that you don't understand what you are trying to say. That's ok. But I'm done with this ridiculous hypothetical scenario.
I know exactly what I am saying. McDavid doing 18 mins of cardio would be much worse for the Oilers than having Silovs in net is for the Canucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I know exactly what I am saying. McDavid doing 18 mins of cardio would be much worse for the Oilers than having Silovs in net is for the Canucks. You, however, were unable to look at the hypothetical objectively, because your identity is entangled with the team.

I know how to solve this.

Canucks play Pettersson for 18 minutes and Oilers start Rodrigue.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
So you mean he shouldnt leave his feet and not brace the hit but actually he should let the guy hit him and absorb it even if it risks injury? Man the geniuses on these boards crack me up
No. That’s not what I’m saying at all. Re-read my various conversations with others and you may better grasp what I am saying.

I read your opinion multiple other times, it’s just wrong. Tried to help you out, but some people refuse to be educated.
Ok, have a good day.

• Haha
Reactions: Bizzare

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
PLease tell me exactly what he should have done there in that split second??

Pettersson's options were :

- Jump = Charging penalty.
- Don't jump = Interference penalty.
- Take the hit = Diving penalty.
- Turtle to the ice = Diving penalty.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
PLease tell me exactly what he should have done there in that split second??
Not. Leave. His. Feet… that is all he did wrong.

Just because he is about to get lambasted does not allow him to initiate a reverse hit WHILE LEAVING HIS FEET PRIOR TO CONTACT and it be legal because he was in a position to get hit.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
The contrast of attitude from their own fans toward EP and Marner is fascinating

Marner has failed to proven himself for 8 straight playoffs yet many leafs fans are still willing to defend him

EP has struggled for the first time in his total of 2 playoffs appearances and majority of the fan base want his ass gone

where do you see that ? (it may be my roster of blocked posters) i haven't seen a single fan suggest such a thing

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I think a switch to Skinner at this point is high-risk low-reward. I don't get it.

But he is signed for next two years and presumably the goalie, unless Oilers do the unthinkable and try and sign a third goalie to an NHL contract...

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Jesus Christ.. Doug MacLean is calling for Skinner...No.. that can't happen.
This can't really happen can it?

I can't comprehend that it is even an option at his point not to run with Pickard. He has been just fine, whereas Skinner was historically awful. Why would you choose that with your season on the line?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
The only conversation about goalie changes should be if it goes to 7 and Demko is ready do you play him? There should be no debate that the Oilers play Pickard until their season is over or he has an awful game.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Seems pretty clear to me which coach has got his team executing their gameplan and getting buy in throughout the roster. Oilers have had a real tough time breaking out of their zone this series minus game 4. They've got two D that can make a good breakout pass, Canucks have had the right idea forechecking the shit out of this blueline rather than the Kings who tried to sit back in the 1-3-1.

Vancouver winning the physical battle wasn't really what I expected though, goes to show the value of having some big mobile beef on the backend in the playoffs.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Not. Leave. His. Feet… that is all he did wrong.

Just because he is about to get lambasted does not allow him to initiate a reverse hit WHILE LEAVING HIS FEET PRIOR TO CONTACT and it be legal because he was in a position to get hit.

you keep goin on as if this situation is mentioned in the rules. he doesn't jump INTO the player. he jumps as the player is hitting him. it's not outlined specifically in the rules, every media has stated they haven't seen a player with the puck getting a charging call. it is a weird call and a stretch of the rules.

find a single instance of this being called before, and sure, you win, but you're talking as if this is a routine thing. it's not.

there are multiple instances of players jumpin when about to be hit, especially against the boards.. ..like a lot.

buddy dropped and the ref hit the whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad