• Vegas

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Dallas

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
if we’re talking who we want as far as the quality of the opponent, Dallas will be probably be harder to beat because they seem to have more depth and better mobile blueline. Vegas has struggled for majority of the season and they’ve been outplayed by Dallas for all but 1 game in the series. I know I always call the Stars overrated, but it seems like they’ll be the tougher opponent

At least on the backend, I would argue Vegas' blueline is clearly deeper and better suited against the Avs than the Stars defensemen.

The idea Suter and Lindell trying to defend the Avs speedy forecheck would make me piss myself as a Stars fan. f*** those two are slow.

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
At least on the backend, I would argue Vegas' blueline is clearly deeper and better suited against the Avs than the Stars defensemen.

The idea Suter and Lindell trying to defend the Avs speedy forecheck would make me piss myself as a Stars fan. f*** those two are slow.
On the other hand, Vegas D hasn’t impressed much. Pietrangelo is not the same player anymore, they’ve demoted Hanifin to 3rd pair in the last game, I’d say because of Heiskanen, I give the edge to Dallas as far as the blue lines go

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
C'mon game 7 with quintuple OT

Attachments

• 2acaedc8-9cd5-4479-ab70-c7ac9f4fbf6b.jpg
    2acaedc8-9cd5-4479-ab70-c7ac9f4fbf6b.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Mighty Makar

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
For those of you complaining about Vegas's cap-dodging antics--and I'm not here to say you're wrong in doing so--those antics are playing a direct role in their struggles. They look like a pretty disjointed team at present. Will that ultimately cost them? I guess we'll see tonight.
This is exactly why I wanted them round 1. So many new players coming into the team and so many coming back from injury. Just seemed ripe for issues with chemistry and getting used to new teammates. The further into the playoffs they make it the more dangerous they become imo.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Hopefully the Avs will decide to show up after being a week off.
That's what I'm worried about
Avs always struggle after long breaks in regular season, but I don’t think they will in the playoffs. Didn’t we had a very long break after the 1st round in 22 when we swept Nashville?
We swept twice and both times the next series went to 6 games instead of another sweep

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
On the other hand, Vegas D hasn’t impressed much. Pietrangelo is not the same player anymore, they’ve demoted Hanifin to 3rd pair in the last game, I’d say because of Heiskanen, I give the edge to Dallas as far as the blue lines go

Did they really?! LOL, holy shit. I knew Pietrangelo was falling apart hard but I figured the other three in that top four were holding their own.

I've only tuned into that series for brief moments, I can't stand to watch either of these teams.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Did they really?! LOL, holy shit. I knew Pietrangelo was falling apart hard but I figured the other three in that top four were holding their own.

I've only tuned into that series for brief moments, I can't stand to watch either of these teams.
Yeah, I didn’t pay attention if they put him back on the top pair or not later in the game, but to start the game he was on 3rd pair

• Haha
Reactions: Ararana

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Defense aside. I'm far more afraid of Eichel-Hertl than I am Hintz-Duchene.

I'm still leaning Dallas here, even without the home ice.
I think they both will be tough opponents, pretty much equally tough IMO. Home ice vs Vegas might give the Avs little edge, also selfishly I want Vegas so I can take a drive there and finally go see a Avs playoff game

Reactions: Ararana

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Esa Lindell and Brandon Tanev beg to disagree.

Our top guys have nothing but signed autographs from those two.
Chris Tanev but otherwise yep. He’s playing himself into a very nice contract high at his age will handcuff a team very quickly when the drop off hits

Him, Stankoven and Johnston winning the Cup would be alright. Benn, Dutchy, Marchment and Suter not so much

Reactions: RECKLESS

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Chris Tanev but otherwise yep. He’s playing himself into a very nice contract high at his age will handcuff a team very quickly when the drop off hits

Him, Stankoven and Johnston winning the Cup would be alright. Benn, Dutchy, Marchment and Suter not so much
Yeah brainfart there.

Still hope Panthers beat them. Avs cannot.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Yeah brainfart there.

Still hope Panthers beat them. Avs cannot.
Hope the Panthers beat whoever they face. That’s a series where Tanev’s lack of durability is likely to rear its head. Panthers will hammer him the way Benn has been hammering the Avs D. Stars are in trouble without him especially if Hakanpaa (sp?) doesn’t come back

Reactions: RECKLESS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad