Vanilla Playoffs: Where has the Hatred and Nastiness gone?

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
Hatred? Nastiness? I know emotional regulation is frowned upon by very. serious. sportsing. people. but it's just a game.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Isn't this what we want hockey to become? The 'beautiful' game where skill and speed are put on display and barbarism and violence are non-existent? Where player's wellbeing, both physically and mentally, are of utmost importance?
No, that's what I watch soccer for

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I think part of it is how efficient power plays are. The margin between winning and losing is paper-thin, and that one dumb penalty can be the difference. It was in Game Five between Vegas and Dallas.

The Leafs were "sending messages" from the opening face-off, dressed Reaves, etc. and promptly dug themselves into a 3-1 hole. Their sputtering power play didn't help, but Boston clicking on theirs was a huge factor.

Florida did a solid job keeping Tampa's lethal PP off the ice, and cruised to victory in five games.

I haven't loved some of the low-event hockey, like Game Six between Vancouver and Nashville. But teams are definitely going to great lengths to stay out of the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad