TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dutchy was Canada’s best sports anchor.

Mike Johnson said that when you spoke with him, he made you feel like you were the most important person in the room.

This account is one of many, showing how the man touched so many lives:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
His regular co-hosts over the years, Jennifer Hedger, James Duthie and Rod Smith doing a Dutchy tribute show right now on TSN.

Reactions: jaffy27

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
BGL was in rare form!

I agree with him in some fashion. MSL has been overall unfair with X-Man. Just let him be the physical machine that he should be.

That's some recycled stuff from earlier in the year.
It's not relevant anymore. Xhekaj stopped taking bad penalties after his AHL stint.
I hate it when those two are fake arguing just for show.
They think it's good radio/podcast.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nice recap of Dutchy’s career and what he meant to a whole lot of people:

Just watched that 20 min. tribute show on TSN, Hedger was glassy-eyed throughout, while Duthie and Smith struggled to maintain their composure. At one point, Duthie lost it.

They’re doing tonight’s sportscast with only one anchor and an empty chair next to him to his left — where Dutch sat over so many years.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Kimota

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here’s the tribute that Dutchy’s SportsCenter co-hosts did for him earlier on TSN.

I wondered why there had been so many co-hosts and got my answer when Duthie was interviewed on 690 today. He said that after doing Sports Desk (now Sports Center) for two years, he was spent. Called the job a grind and yet Dutchy lasted 30 years doing it as anchor.

Duthie jumped at the first opportunity to do something else at the network. Dutchy instead could not get enough, he marveled constantly about how lucky he was to have the job and how happy it made him.

Reactions: Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Nice recap of Dutchy’s career and what he meant to a whole lot of people:

Just watched that 20 min. tribute show on TSN, Hedger was glassy-eyed throughout, while Duthie and Smith struggled to maintain their composure. At one point, Duthie lost it.

They’re doing tonight’s sportscast with only one anchor and an empty chair next to him to his left — where Dutch sat over so many years.

I cannot believe it. I cannot stand these sudden deaths. You feel so powerless and there's no logic to it. Dutchie was a freaking Legend and I have never seen someone that EVERYBODY liked but he managed to pull it off.

RIP

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad