OT: The Movie/TV/Streaming Thread

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

I think if I was to start adding up most movies seen by a director that He's probably going to be in the top-15.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

I think if I was to start adding up most movies seen by a director that He's probably going to be in the top-15.
There is a serious bottleneck in Hollywood history that goes through this one man. I hoped he could hold out to an even 100. No longer one of the greatest living legends in cinema. I only wish I could've personally met abd thanked him.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Everything is so overgrown, yet clean. All the walls are spotless, the windows look like they were just wiped down.
That was pretty much my only gripe with the first season, other than the minor character from the game getting a whole episode and then not including the scene from the game that I don’t want to spoil that involves
an animal casually walking by

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
2 episodes left, I think. Was enjoying it and then last episode happened. I’m trying not to spoil it, but it’s a change up that leaves you standing there with your mouth agape.
So, this is f***ed up and my wife cannot believe it, but
I totally called it from the language society meet up early on. The words they use and the way they speak throughout the series was too obvious. She even started picking up on it after an episode or two. She still couldn't believe it at the reveal.

I mis-timed our binge because we got through episode 7 today. :laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: mja

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
FX renewed Shogun for 2 additional seasons…it was based on 1 book and season 1 covered about 90% of it. Season 1 was basically perfect. I’m skeptical about the quality of the upcoming seasons since there’s no source material it’s being based on. (From what I understand at least).
IMG_1258.jpeg

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
FX renewed Shogun for 2 additional seasons…it was based on 1 book and season 1 covered about 90% of it. Season 1 was basically perfect. I’m skeptical about the quality of the upcoming seasons since there’s no source material it’s being based on. (From what I understand at least).
View attachment 871697
Wonder if there's 'notes' beyond what he wrote for Shogun.

The actual real life person he used for Blackthorne was named William Adams and he spent about 20 years in Japan after the shipwreck and earned special trading privileges which passed to his Japanese children (he had a son and daughter) and then all foreigners were forced out of Japan during their lifetime.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Wonder if there's 'notes' beyond what he wrote for Shogun.

The actual real life person he used for Blackthorne was named William Adams and he spent about 20 years in Japan after the shipwreck and earned special trading privileges which passed to his Japanese children (he had a son and daughter) and then all foreigners were forced out of Japan during their lifetime.

Maybe? I really hope they don’t screw it up is all. Cuz damn man…season 1 was excellent TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad