News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
The fanbase would leave in droves.
I would probably have to check out mentally from the team for a while. His time in Charlotte left a sour taste, he found ways to make the team function lesser than the sum of its parts. Checkers PP regularly looked like the Hurricanes in the playoffs, but all-season long, just mind-numbingly boring, uncreative hockey.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Necas will join the Czech team in the currently ongoing IIHF Worlds in his homecountry. Expected to play against UK in Saturday per the Czech media.

More often than not, guys without NHL contracts for the next season will not go take the risk of injury.
As much as he'd rather not be available to play I'm sure it's hard to turn down a chance to play at home.

Reactions: geehaad and Lempo

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
First off season priority should be to fire Jeff Daniels...into the sun. There should be zero reason our PP falls apart every year the minute opposing teams have even a little time to study it
I wonder if he gets bumped over to the Wolves head job. I'd prefer a different direction, but that might be the easiest path for Rod to "soft fire" a long-time friend.

Reactions: DaveG

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I wonder if he gets bumped over to the Wolves head job. I'd prefer a different direction, but that might be the easiest path for Rod to "soft fire" a long-time friend.
Yea, let's engrain when they're young the worst PP tactics imaginable so they're ready to telegraph perimeter passes into oblivion before they get a callup!!

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Good God no. He was the Checkers coach. I watched him many times behind the bench. Always the same dull look on his face. The Checkers as a whole started playing a lot better after he left and that was with something like 3 different coaches.

It's time to move on, as in no longer part of the organization.

I don't know what Mike Velluchi and Ulf Samuelson are doing but I'd rather roll with them again before I go with Daniels.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I don't know what Mike Velluchi and Ulf Samuelson are doing but I'd rather roll with them again before I go with Daniels.
Vellucci moved from scranton/Wilks-Barre to a Penguins assistant coach spot.

I think he's a candidate when they move on from Sullivan, at least as an interim.

Ulf hasn't coached in 3 years and is 60. I think it's safe to call him retired.

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad