La Liga 2023-24

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Define late? It was in injury time, but just barely and well within the allotted time. Ever were it later, how does more time benefit the team already winning? As for the penalty, I can see why it was called, but hate those calls. It didnt’ change the result in the end.

Drunk Doink

Jan 12, 2024
Las Palmas lost their 8th in a row and haven’t won in 11 matches or two months. Real tale of two halves for them. They could actually go down mathematically, though they’d have to lose their remaining matches. Hopefully they stay up, but have to wonder how Pimienta survives for next season.

Hopefully the bottom three remain the bottom three. Celta could go down as well, but I think they’ll stay up. Wouldn’t be good going down in your centenary season, though might serve you right putting Benitez in charge.
Las Palmas was never good but were grinding out results earlier. They deserve to stay up but them hanging around the mid-table was always flattering.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Babtistao almost equalized for Almeria when he was allowed to casually jog past Inigo Martinez and Sergi Roberto (Fort probably wasn't quite where he was supposed to be), but he shot hopelessly past goal.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wonderful cross from 17yo Fort for Fermin's header to put Barcelona 1-0 up. La Masia balling

Yes,and what should be noted is ”17yo”. I really like the kid and did before he even debuted as I picked him up in my keeper league. While I think the potential is there for him to be the starting RB in the future, even if not he seems the sort of player you want to hold on to if you’re going to make a full squad.

Kounde kinda sucks. Ferran and Lewandowski also seem to be on the beach mentally already.

God forbid Felix play. I mean is Torres promised to one of Xavi’s daughters now that he left Lucho’s?

Yeah, Almeria should be up now. Though that last chance pinballed around before falling to the Almeria player and slow motion makes it look easier than it is. Still should have put it away.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
One of my least favourite players in world football in Luka Romero coming on. With our luck he'll probably score a brace

Meanwhile Arribas is on the bench.

Fermin with another excellent run into the box. Easily our best midfielder when it comes to that. Have to say the kid has fairly won his place in the team overall.

LOL, Lewandowski is probably pissed.

Now Xavi just needs to get Torres out of there and put Roque on.

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Roque only impressed me with his aggressiveness this year so far

To be fair to him, he’s not had the proper minutes. I’ve seen flashes and there’s clearly more than aggressiveness. That said, I’d offload him now. I’d still get rid of Xavi too, but if Porto are indeed interested in Roque then maybe tell them Varela and Ferandes and you’ve got a deal.

Top of my wishlist though is Nico Williams. If that buyout clause is true, forget every other player and bring him in first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad