OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 3 - Read OP before posting

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Stopped by a local brewery to pick up a six pack to go and saw they had this beer with a logo very very similar to pl1ny the e1der.

I asked if they had sixers and he said this was a 1 time thing. Apparently a disgruntled RR employee posted the pl1ny recipe on reddit and ppl got snap shots before it was taken down.

Theres clone home brew recipes out there and now the actual recipe is out there.

Tasted pretty close but the actual pl1ny is better imo, more piney resiney feel

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I saw Sunny Day Real Estate (on their "Diary" reunion tour) in Philly last night and it brought me back a good 30 years. I actually convinced my brother (who originally got me into the band, and is a bigger fan than I am) to drive down from Rochester for the show. The tickets weren’t cheap, and he offered to pay for his, but I told him the next time the Bears play the Amerks in Rochester on a weekend, he can buy us front-row tickets and I’ll drive up.

Reactions: Neil Racki

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not that anyone cares, but I finally left my job diving after 11 years (I bitched about it maybe a year ago in this thread) The better half is making the money now as a nurse anesthetist, my next career awaits! Just have no idea what to do!
I remember that. Good luck!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not that anyone cares, but I finally left my job diving after 11 years (I bitched about it maybe a year ago in this thread) The better half is making the money now as a nurse anesthetist, my next career awaits! Just have no idea what to do!
Wow congrats! Big change, but as I recall you had a very dangerous profession. Part of me wondered if guys like you got called to action when the bridge collapsed.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Wow congrats! Big change, but as I recall you had a very dangerous profession. Part of me wondered if guys like you got called to action when the bridge collapsed.
Yeah I didn’t do much construction diving, I worked for the Navy and cleaned their ships. Ships husbandry is the correct term for my profession. Either way, I’m glad to take a break from some very laborious work and figure out what to do next. Labor jobs are not very sustainable for the long haul, I’m only 32. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? :help:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Yeah I didn’t do much construction diving, I worked for the Navy and cleaned their ships. Ships husbandry is the correct term for my profession. Either way, I’m glad to take a break from some very laborious work and figure out what to do next. Labor jobs are not very sustainable for the long haul, I’m only 32. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? :help:
If I could and money wasnt a thing ..... I would do graphic design t shirts. Im pretty good at graffiti, drawing and coming up with cool "urban" eye candy for the masses.

IT - i have uber clients who take online IT classes and end up with mid 200k entry level job offers a few years later.

Wood working - make your own wood cutting boards and sell online. Not that hard to get down, huge market .. you go to farmers markets and fairs and youd sell imo. Fun mellow vibe life.

Uber driver - I love talking and meeting new people. my uber clients make about 1k a week if they log 40 hours.

toll booth operator - my dream job I envisioned as a kid. get to sit in booth listening to radio and smoke cigarettes. Id say "adios" to every person after they paid. damn robots took my job!

---

32 and uncommitted to a job .. take your time and get the next step right. f***ing jealous

Reactions: max21 and Jags

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I saw this guy today really craning his neck and going out of his way to see this ambulance with its lights on out in front of a building.

I was like "whys that guy care so much?"

Then I realized .. we as humans do that bc we secretly hope to see a dead body being gurneyed into the ambulance.

Odd ... was that guy like "ahh nuts, nobody died"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad