Sportsnet: Craig Berube hired as Head Coach (now official)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Another step towards getting the Dubas-analytics stink off this team.

Berube won't put up with whining from MNM which is nice
Kyper was just saying. Shanny went old school with Babs and Lou. Did about face and went new school/analytics with the Boy Blunder and Keefe and is now going back to old school with Tre and Berube. About time.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Kyper was just saying. Shanny went old school with Babs and Lou. Did about face and went new school/analytics with the Boy Blunder and Keefe and is now going back to old school with Tre and Berube. About time.
Love it.

1715979035181.png

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
So he looks mean and that’s an upgrade? I was more concerned about the assistants.

Not sure if this is an upgrade or not.
Thinking we will be calling for his head soon enough. Imagine if he makes the leafs miss the playoffs.

Or they have a 1st rd exit again and grit and and mean looking coach changed nothing.

Then what? :)

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I really hope he changes the culture of the room. Holds all players accountable and has everyone play more of a blue collar/compete game.

Won't change unless the core does. But it seems Tre did his due diligence and interviewed a lot of candidates.

Last edited:

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
You wanna know how I know Berube is a good hire? Im reading all Blues fans online and on social media right now. This is the consensus:

"Oh my god, wow he's really gonna win them their 1st cup in 2 generations"
"This is such a good hire, Im really gonna have to become a leafs fan"
"I love Berube but he seriously couldn't have gone anywhere else? Such a good hire for them ugh"
"Wow he's really gonna put the leafs through the ringer and win them their first cup"
"Golf days are over, leafs mean business now"

Blues fans clearly did not want this man fired

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Sportsnet today were discussing how the analytics teams are starting to complain that coaches and GM's aren't listening to them. I think we reached peak analytics and we're seeing a return to a more balanced reality, hockey ain't math. A tool, an insight, interesting, informative, but not the main impetus to form player opinions. Dubas was a fad, even he evolved as his Moneyball approach failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad