Online Series: Fallout (Amazon, April 10, 2024)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was shocked when I saw Rapaport I literally laughed out loud and my wife was so confused why, I was expecting some tough badass guy lol.

I can see how the use of the BoS as comic relief might land poorly among some viewers, particularly gamers who are pre-disposed to their kick-ass, stoic and somewhat fascist stratocracy.

It's a bit like the Warhammer 40K universe where some people actually buy into the Imperium of Man's violent religious fanaticism and others recognize that they are not meant to be idolized but are in fact just as reprehensible as the other factions (by design). Another example is the military-led society in Verhoeven's Starship Troopers.

Personallly, I didn't mind it, because the tone of the show is meant to reflect the juxtaposition of dark humour with the horror of post-apocalyptic existence that is very much a part of the games.

I do hope they bring a little more balance to the portrayal in subsequent seasons. The BoS are a bit of a deus ex machina, bringing their advanced technology, weaponry and training to bear only when absolutely necessary. Whether a threat or an ally, at some point the show runners have to demonstrate to the viewer that they are not to be trifled with.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco
Sep 19, 2008
I finished episode 2, went to episode 3 and was bombarded with an ad for laundry.

Why the f*** should I care about that shit? Get to the show.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Watched couple episodes. It is kinda boring so far. The only thing made me interested - the actor from the Person of Interest. He even plays the same character type (eccentric scientist) and also has a dog.
Is it going to get better after 2nd episode or it stays the same?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I finished episode 2, went to episode 3 and was bombarded with an ad for laundry.

Why the f*** should I care about that shit? Get to the show.
One thing I've learned is that chicks really dig guys whose clothes smell good. Especially when she has to wear your collared shirt and pajamas home the next morning instead of her dress.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Watched couple episodes. It is kinda boring so far. The only thing made me interested - the actor from the Person of Interest. He even plays the same character type (eccentric scientist) and also has a dog.
Is it going to get better after 2nd episode or it stays the same?
I thought it was a good show but If you didn't like the first 2 episodes and the only thing interesting you is the actor, you may as well move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad