DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
last two seasons

Bobrovsky

Shesterkin
BINGO and that is part of their gameplan/roster issue. You need to be able to break through more than just once a game (as in the tying goal). Neither of those goalies have won the Cup as great as they are, so they are very beatable. Carolina's regular season dominance doesn't know how to do it in this environment.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I can't even laugh, he smoked the Devils last year round 2....
Kotka did a whole lotta cardio the other series

1715309036896.png

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
2 games went to ot, some of you are being extremely disingenuous.

I remember how when the Rangers lost to the Kings in the finals with 3 losses being in OT everyone and without having a lead in most of the games many people made it seem like it dominated. This series could be 2-1 for the Canes but that's true of many series.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Rangers will probably try to semi no show next game. I do think players know a sweep is not always great. We've seen some teams have less than solid efforts in game 4s on the road the last few years then they step on the neck in game 5 at home. Might see it here again

That'd be utterly stupid to do considering the bloodbath that Florida v Boston might become. You end a series any time you get it. It literally helped NYR in this series against Carolina. Carolina dicking around with the Islanders cost them time + energy in a series they were going to win anyway.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That's a classic Hurricanes Rangers game, the Rangers have beaten them multiple times the same exact way. Doesn't matter how they win if they KEEP doing it

There are some similarities for sure. I think both Canes goalies are very good but Igor is better and the Rangers D has been doing a good job of boxing out the Canes forwards and giving Igor good looks at shots and so many Canes shots are clearsighted and from distance. That's one problem for them. The Rangers don't have as many shots but their shot selection has been way better......and they're killing the Canes on special teams and the shortie tonight had to have planted a seed of doubt in their heads. Aho is such a great player really. He is without doubt the Rangers biggest problem in this series.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
There are some similarities for sure. I think both Canes goalies are very good but Igor is better and the Rangers D has been doing a good job of boxing out the Canes forwards and giving Igor good looks at shots. That's one problem for them. The Rangers don't have as many shots but their shot selection has been way better......and they're killing the Canes on special teams and the shortie tonight had to have planted a seed of doubt in their heads. Aho is such a great player really. He is without doubt the Rangers biggest problem in this series.

Translation: they don't have a game breaker, NYR prefers quality over quantity while Carolina prefers the opposite. The latter doesn't work with elite goalies, you need to pepper them consistently with grade A+ chances.

Reactions: eco's bones

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Rangers will probably try to semi no show next game. I do think players know a sweep is not always great. We've seen some teams have less than solid efforts in game 4s on the road the last few years then they step on the neck in game 5 at home. Might see it here again

pie-in-the-face.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
That’s a dumb move… more asinine than me basing my opinion of a game I didn’t watch on the shot totals 😂

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
My gf’s team so I guess I have to root for them… rooting for any NY team seems dirty though.
I completely understand. My mother-in-law is a Leafs fan, so I have to cheer for them as we get along and I want her to be happy with her team. So far, hasn't worked out too well! :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Chinaski89

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Translation: they don't have a game breaker, NYR prefers quality over quantity while Carolina prefers the opposite. The latter doesn't work with elite goalies, you need to pepper them consistently with grade A+ chances.

It helps for sure. You look at Florida who play a similar kind of pressure game to the Canes but they're goalie is also a little bit better and they have Barkov, Tkachuk, Reinhart and Verhaeghe who all are in Aho's skill range and a couple even better. Not sure I like their D as much as the Cane s or Rangers but they're formidable.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
BINGO and that is part of their gameplan/roster issue. You need to be able to break through more than just once a game (as in the tying goal). Neither of those goalies have won the Cup as great as they are, so they are very beatable. Carolina's regular season dominance doesn't know how to do it in this environment.
👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad