Did Carolina win TDL?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Despite the exit, I still can’t get over how good the Guenzel pick up was and they didn’t trade a first. I know - they traded 10 prospects but still.

Not to take anything away from the Canes, but winning a trade with Kyle Dubas is kind of like winning a 100 metre dash against a kid in a wheelchair.

It's pretty easy to do so there's no point in showboating after.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yea but it's not like the teams they've been running into have been going on to win the cup either so obviously other teams are figuring out ways to beat these "unbeatable" goalies. Maybe on the surface it looks like bad luck and hot goalies but I don't think they do themselves any favours with their playstyle.
This.

Winners don't get "goalied" year in year out.

On the other hand- a TDL like this year was meant to remedy that, and I'm not sure how much better of one they could have had to address that specific problem.

Reactions: Discipline Daddy

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Winning the deadline matters for nothing. It only matters if you win the Stanley Cup.

I'm glad my team really went for it this year, even though the likely outcome today is that we traded away a bunch of good assets for a few games of Jake Guentzel. If we hadn't acquired Guentzel, I'm sure the narrative would have been that the Canes can't go deep in the playoffs because they don't go for it at the deadline.

For what it's worth, hockey playoffs are such a crapshot. I'm not saying the Hurricanes deserved to win, because ultimately who "deserves" what is pure subjection. It's hardly consolation, but at least the Canes were extremely competitive in their last 3 playoff exits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad